Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

+2
magicspellz12
Malazek
6 posters

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains" - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

Post  magicspellz12 Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:09 am

OOC: Ok whoops.

Alex asks the Spiramancer. "Tell me...how have you remain hidden. Why have you spiramancers remained hidden for so long?"

------------------------

He will also ask.

"Do you perhaps know any spells I could attempt to copy with water or mist?"

"Did you feel a surge or change not long ago (when the Wise stone became the vortex)"

"What nexi do you have left?"

"Have you been weakening recently, as us waterbenders have. Or...were."
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains" - Page 4 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

Post  Swifthand Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:19 am

Davin sits next to the Princess silently for a long moment.

"When last I left you, you told me you would find what you can about my heritage and about House Thaeraes. Did you have any luck?"

O.O.C. - Was out of town for the holiday; sorry about the silence!
DM EDIT: Np. It was a slow weekend from everyone.

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:44 am

Alex wrote: Alex asks the Spiramancer. "Tell me...how have you remain hidden. Why have you spiramancers remained hidden for so long?"
As he scribes, Aubrey answers. "A great many things remain hidden in the Femdrell, my dear Alex; a great many things. As for why: well, there's just so few of us, now ... we didn't want to suffer any more loses, and end up like poor Aodhan Blas. I believe you know him?"

Alex wrote:"Do you perhaps know any spells I could attempt to copy with water or mist?"
"Perhaps I do. Maybe you'll have time to share a few when we're done here? On second thought, it might be better to exchange techniques in the morning; it'll be late when we finish this."

Alex wrote:" "Did you feel a surge or change not long ago (when the Wise stone became the vortex)"
"Oh, yes! I don't know that I'd call it a surge, though I suppose one might; but I (or rather, we) definitely felt something."

Alex wrote:"What nexi do you have left?"
"Sadly, this is it; the Femdrell. The Wyver Oak was destroyed some time ago ..." (The druid, Leaf Arathil, sounds a begruntled sigh at the mention of this). "... and Shadow Pass more recently. As I understand it, you were also down to one; but this ritual has brought you back to two? And the rockbenders down to two?"

Alex wrote: "Have you been weakening recently, as us waterbenders have. Or...were."
"Well, yes. As soon as the Wyver Oak was destroyed, we sensed a connection to it; and were weakened by the loss. Sadly, the same thing happened when the nexus at Shadow Pass mysteriously collapsed; never would we have suspected the Dwarves of such evil treachery."

Last edited by Malazek on Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:00 am

Palol wrote:"When last I left you, you told me you would find what you can about my heritage and about House Thaeraes. Did you have any luck?"
"I thought I had found plenty of information; and an intriguing mystery, as well; but apparently, the mystery was more important that I anticipated. I never suspected my father's antipathy for Pasor; though it explains a lot."

"By all accounts, Thaeraes was a truly noble house; in both deed and lineage. For generations, the house had produced heroes to the Elven people. A detailed account of their legacy is presented here,"
she says, presenting an ancient tome to Davin. "But ..."

"... but all record of Pasor has been torn from this book. You'll notice a section of pages is missing near the end. His father's death is missing from the book, as is the birth of his son. The last few pages, however, tell of how his wife and son left on the day Talth'Anin disappeared. The pages do not tell of why; but it's clear that the author expected the reader to already know (perhaps it was explained in the missing pages)."

"Anyway, I thought it was curious at the time; but given my father's reaction, I think the information may have been dangerous. It's possible that my father tore the pages out; but for some reason, I don't believe he did. I think someone else tore out that section ... but I'm not sure why."

"..."

"I found mention of Pasor in other books, however, and each described him as great man; a hero among elf lords. He was respected for his bravery, his honesty, and his reason. It was said that he could always see right to the heart of a matter; even when circumstances befuddled the issue for others."

"So, maybe my father is wrong about him. Or maybe his crime came as a surprise to everyone. It is difficult to guess."

She puts her hand softly on Davin's cheek, "Oh Davin, I can't imagine he was anything but just ... but even if he was a villian, I know that you are a good person; every bit the hero of House Thaeraes."

Last edited by Malazek on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:14 pm

Davin clasps the Princess' hand within his own when it leaves his cheek as he silently considers her information.

"This story of Pasor's wife escaping Talthanin with their son mirrors my own. Though the similarities could be coincidence, I find that hard to believe."

The Ranger pauses for a moment before continuing.

"So, it would seem that the capture of the Questing Beast is only one of the hurdles I face, for even if I obtain proof of my lineage and capture the Beast Glatisant, I will still face the enmity of the King. My Companions and I have uncovered many inconsistencies and strangeness surrounding the disappearance of Talthanin...err...Talth'Anin," Davin stumbles and then reddens a bit trying to emulate the Princesses elegant pronunciation of the ancient stronghold's name. "Despite all the conflicting information, however, I believe Talth'Anin can...no...must be restored. The Lost City is where I will find the answers to my own questions - perhaps it holds the key to unlock the mysteries that plague your Father, as well? After our business here is finished, we travel to the Feywild. The Eladrin were tasked with guarding the portal of Talth'Anin from their side. They may have information that we do not."

Davin carefully flips through the ancient Tome until he comes to it's missing pages.

"This troubles me. If it was not your father who tore the pages from this Tome, then who? Did this come from the Royal families' library? Who else would have access to it? Could the pages have originally held information that would have cleared the name of House Thaeraes? Who's purpose does it serve to play the two noble Elven House's against one another?"

A s the Elf broods over the situation, subconsciously, his hands and eyes begin to methodically inspect the book. Then a thought occurs to him. The Book of Stone had invisible writing on it...and the Eyepatch of Hemingr revealed it! An instant later, Davin's left eye flashes, and the power of Hemingr makes all that was hidden become exposed.

Perception (Inspection)=40

-Swift

Last edited by Swifthand on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:42 pm; edited 5 times in total
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:17 pm

As they copy the rituals, Straegis hears Alex and Aubrey's conversation. It stirs his own interest, and he asks those present if the Heroes can look over any rituals they may be willing to share. He also asks about Sigil Sequences that may be of use to the group.

O.o.C.: Had company in town for the weekend, I was slow to post as well. Hangover is gone now, should be back to business as usual.
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:14 pm

Davin wrote:"If it was not your father who tore the pages from this Tome, then who? Did this come from the Royal families' library? Who else would have access to it? Could the pages have originally held information that would have cleared the name of House Thaeraes? Who's purpose does it serve to play the two noble Elven House's against one another?"
"Talth'Anin vanished long, long ago. The book is indeed from the Royal Collection; but considering how much time has passed, any number of people could have had access to it. The Aois-dàna, however, do not let just anybody read these books; perhaps they have some record of who has borrowed it?"

Davin wrote:Davin's left eye flashes, and the power of Hemingr makes all that was hidden become exposed.
The Eye of Hemingr reveals only one thing; the author's name: Lexis of Anin.

Last edited by Malazek on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:16 pm

Straegis wrote:As they copy the rituals, Straegis hears Alex and Aubrey's conversation. It stirs his own interest, and he asks those present if the Heroes can look over any rituals they may be willing to share. He also asks about Sigil Sequences that may be of use to the group.
Aubrey tells Straegis that he would be glad to exchange rituals, and reminds the warlord that he already has sigil sequence to the Femdrell. The Elves have access to other sigils, as well; is there one in particuliar he was searching for?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:29 pm

"Oh. There is no doubt the dwarves betrayed the other races. We are not down to two, there is another nexus that...well its behaving oddly. The ley lines are still passing through an area as if the nexus is still there. It seems quite a lot vanished with Talthanin. I am sure our travels will lead us there. Hopefully we'll find your Kings wife. And perhaps someone else I've heard of."

"Yes. We shall swap spells in the morning. Thank you for answering my questions. I was most curious. I would love to see you perform some of your art. Perhaps tomorrow."

Alex smiles. Crystal sleeps on his lap.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:34 pm

Malazek wrote:"Talth'Anin vanished long, long ago. The book is indeed from the Royal Collection; but considering how much time has passed, any number of people could have had access to it. The Aois-dàna, however, do not let just anybody read these books; perhaps they have some record of who has borrowed it?"

Davin's eyes flash as he raises an eyebrow inquiringly at the Princess.

"Up for investigating a mystery, Princess?"

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:48 pm

Malazek wrote:The Eye of Hemingr reveals only one thing; the author's name: Lexis of Anin.

Hmmm.

Verity tries to content himself by calling Hound over for a scratch at the cheek and under the muzzle. While he feels that keeps the dog quite happy, he can"t resist pressing the King of the Elves.
"So being as Pasor was one you called friend - a rare title for any king to bestow - what else causes you to mark him an enemy now? Besides a garbled message I mean? Based on the little I know it seems he could have been warning others to avoid Taith'Anin. Wouldn't you say Vangg?"

Diplomacy: 44
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:13 pm

Vangg raises an eyebrow.

"Bedamn shenanigans goin' 'bouts an' what nots ..."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:40 am

Alex wrote:"there is another nexus that...well its behaving oddly. The ley lines are still passing through an area as if the nexus is still there."
"Really? I didn't know that. It's really rather interesting."

Alex wrote:"Hopefully we'll find your Kings wife."
"Find her? You mean her corpse? She's been dead quite some time, y'know."

Davin wrote:"Up for investigating a mystery, Princess?"
"Certianly. Let's go."
The Princess leads Davin by the hand, back into the palace, and through various hallways until they reach the Royal Collection. The library is not all that large (perhaps as big as a single chamber within the Imperial Library), but the books stored here are clearly ancient and well cared for. In addition to the books, there are numerous scrolls stored about the room. Two Aois-dàna are dusting the room; one stops what she is doing when the heroes arrive.

The Princess walks up to her and says "May we see what records have been kept, regarding this book?"

The woman takes the book and goes behind the desk. She rifles through a drawer, and eventually produces a scroll case. Pulling the papers out of the tube, she sifts through the bundle until she comes across the document she is looking for. She hands it to the Princess, who in turn hands it to Davin. There are a thousdands of entries on the list; but Davin's keen perception picks out a few right away ...

Top of the list ...
The Legacy of House Thaeraes
Moncorel 2nd, Year 312. Lexis of Anin gives the book as a gift to King Melfor.
Moncorel 4th, Year 312. King Melfor I donates the book to the Aois-dàna, claiming it as a work of fiction.

Around 300 Entries later ...
Avan 1st, Year 2262. Lexis of Anin reads the book while visiting.
Avan 1st, Year 2262. King Helfare I borrows the book.
Hamut 2nd, Year 2262. King Helfare I returns the book. Comments that some pages are missing.

Around 750 entries later ...
Erath 15th, 2446. King Halifax borrows the book.
Erath 25th, 2446. King Halifax returns the book.

Aroud 104 entries later ...
Erath 15th, 2447. King Halifax borrows the book.
Erath 25th, 2447. King Halifax returns the book.

Mixed in with the remaining 387 entries...
King Halifax continues to borrow the book on Erath the 15th, every year for the last 29 years.

At the very end of the list ...
Korr 17th, 2476. Princess Rhyannon borrows the book.

Verity wrote:"So being as Pasor was one you called friend - a rare title for any king to bestow - what else causes you to mark him an enemy now?"
"What else?! As if I need a greater reason that that!!" The King is clearly angered by this line of discussion; irate even.

Verity wrote:"Besides a garbled message I mean? Based on the little I know it seems he could have been warning others to avoid Taith'Anin."
"It was a warning, to be sure; more like a threat!! That dastradly menace. If he were alive, I'd ... I'd ... I'd make him pay. Dearly, I would." The king seems oblivious to Verity's powers of reason.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:01 am

Davin's brow furrow's as he looks over the registry.

"None of these dates make sense! Every bit of information we get on Talth'Anin seems off..." The Ranger rubs his temples, warding off a headache. "We need to write this all down in order to see if we can make some sense of it."

Davin asks the Aois-dàna clerk if he can have quill, ink and parchment, and then rejoins Rhyannon at their table. With her help, he lists all of the information the Companions have gathered about Talth'Anin, in chronological order. A short time later, the two Elves inspect their handiwork.

The Warped Chronology of Talth'Anin
  • Year unknown: Anin (The City At Paradise) was located in the Barren Lands. The Tower of Hydrology was located in this center of Aquamancer power.
  • Year c. -1700: 1,101 Generations Ago (approximately 2,160 years ago), the City of Anin was washed away by the Great Deluge, caused by Dramydas the Black's destruction of the Pyre Mound. Dramydas did this at the request of Rakad the Fourth, an ancestor of Mykondalar. The lizardmen were unaware of Anin's existence at this time, and it's subsequent destruction was an accident. We assume the Tower of Hydrology survived this calamity. (Mykondalar's Story)
  • Year c. -1700: For 100 Generations, Lexis of Anin lived with the Garkondrak. (Mykondalar's Story)
  • Year -1688: Moncorel 2nd, Year 312, Lexis of Anin gives the book as a gift to King Melfor. Moncorel 4th, Year 312, King Melfor I donates the book to the Aois-dàna, claiming it as a work of fiction. (The Aois-dàna book registry for the Legacy of House Thaeraes)
  • Year c. -1600: The Elven House Thaeraes begins to build the City of Talth'Anin. (The Legacy of House Thaeraes)
  • Year c. -1600 to c. 300: For 100 Generations, Lexus of Anin visits Talth'Anin looking for Aquamancers. (Mykondalar's Story)
  • Year c. 260: 11 Generations ago, a Garkondrak hunting party met a band of Aqueaus Templar. The lizard folk returned to their village to fetch Lexis, who was staying with them and teaching them the ways of Aquamancy. When Lexis went to meet her brethren, she found them dead, eaten by Chopper. The corpses were brought back to the village, and then Lexis departs, only leaving with 11 waterskins and a mirror taken from one of the dead. (Mykondalar's Story)
  • Year 262: Avan 1st, Year 2262, Lexus visits the Femdrell to read The Legacy of House Thaeraes, a book she allegedly wrote. (The Aois-dàna book registry for the Legacy of House Thaeraes)
  • Year 262: Avan 1st - Hamut 2nd, Year 2262, King Helfare I borrows and then returns The Legacy of House Thaeraes. He comments that some pages are missing. (The Aois-dàna book registry for the Legacy of House Thaeraes)
  • Year 446: Davin Fletcher is born in Talth'Anin. (Davin's Story)
  • Year 446: Queen Rhoswen of the Femdrell visits Talth'Anin on the eve of it's destruction. (King Halifax's Story)
  • Year 446: King Halifax receives a garbled message from King Pasor Thaeraes, delivered via Sending: 'Nobody that comes to Talth'Anin shall get out alive'. (King Halifax's Story, Davin's Story)
  • Year 446: Talth'Anin is attacked by unknown forces and then disappears, with Queen Rhoswen of the Femdrell and King Pasor Thaeraes of Talth'Anin. (King Halifax's Story, Davin's Story)
  • Year 446: Dwarven Terramancer's plan an attack on Talth'Anin and go there. When they arrive they find the city and nexus gone, however, elemental ley lines still run through the area as if it still was there. (The Book of Stone)

"Lexis seems to be the key to all of this. If we believe that all these accounts are truly her, she is either immortal or incredibly long-lived, and a time-traveller! She wrote The Legacy of House Thaeraes before the House was even established, gave it as a gift to the Elves of the Femdrell, and then later returned to consult her own Tome. She must have been the one to tear out the pages; she had the Tome right before King Helfare I. But why? What was she trying to hide?"

"More "coincidence": Lexis is a distant ancestor of Alex's who spent time with the lizardmen and the elves, a path we seemed to follow. She chose to tutor the Garkondrakians in Aquamancy, the very people unknowingly responsible for the destruction of the Waterbender stronghold at Anin! I don't know how relevant this is, but I thought it worth mentioning."

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:28 pm

Malazek wrote:and reminds the warlord that he already has sigil sequence to the Femdrell. The Elves have access to other sigils, as well;

"I know we already have the sequence to get here." Straegis chuckles, "Consider it a 'hobby' of mine- collecting random Sigil sequences to places we may never go. I was just curious which ones you may be in possession of and if you would consider letting me copy them? I also hoped while we were here, maybe we could swap some rituals?" Straegis will inform Aubrey and the others of his rituals and sequences while they continue copying.
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:05 pm

"Yes it's quite clear your Highness," Verity tells the King.

'Quite clear that he's mad with grief," he sends to Vangg. "Or is there something that we're missing?"

Diplomacy to placate the irrate King: 29

Aid Vangg's (possible) Insight: 15
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:30 pm

Palol wrote:"Lexis ... must have been the one to tear out the pages ... But why? What was she trying to hide?""
"I don't know, but you're right; it seems she did. Oooh, it's all so intriguing!"

Palol wrote:"Lexis is a distant ancestor of Alex's."
"Really? That is interesting. Perhaps we should move our efforts back to the terrace; we could have a picnic while you read?" She nods to handmaidens. Just one of them dashes off.

Davin and Rhyannon then stroll, with book in hand, back to the garden. Tiny, delicate sandwichs on Elven bread are brought to them in the garden, along with numerous fruits, and pot of Evlish tea.

Straegis wrote:"I know ... I was just curious which ones you may be in possession of and if you would consider letting me copy them? ... maybe we could swap some rituals?" Straegis will inform Aubrey and the others of his rituals and sequences while they continue copying.
"Certianly. We can exchange sigils and rituals in the morning, while Alex and I are doing the same ... I'm sure we'll all be quite tired when we finish here."

"Speaking of which: should I have some dinner brought it? We can eat while we work."

Aubrey has the servants bring the arcanists some flakey pastries and a light Elven soup. He eagerly takes a bite as his other hand continues to copy the elaborate ritual Alex and Straegis have created. To Straegis, the pastry and soup is reminscent of home; the seasoning is different, but the idea is similiar to something they eat in the Feywild.

Verity wrote:"Yes it's quite clear your Highness," Verity tells the King.
"Mmm, yes. I guess you don't need to hear the ramblings of an old man; king or not. Well, I'm off to my chambers; feel free to help yourselves to the kitchen ... or to the wine cellar, if you like."

"Goodnight father," Helfare says, re-entering the room.

Insight on the King (Verity or Vangg): Same conclusion as before ...
The King's answer seems off-handed; almost as if he isn't really listening and doesn't care much for the topic of conversation. He has other concerns, and can't be bothered with such things.

"Well, how would you too like to accompany me to the commons? Alex and Straegis are busy with the ritual thing; and Davin seems preoccupied with my sister. A fair, of sorts, is happening in the village square; I thought you two might like to see it?"

Last edited by Malazek on Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:32 pm

Time passes:

Davin & the Princess ...

Davin and the Princess enjoy a quiet night in the garden, snacking on sandwichs and fruit, and listening to the airy tune of an Aois-dàna minstrel that has joined them. Davin reads the Legacy of House Thaeraes, and learns quite a lot about his alleged heritage.

Of more immediate relevance, he finds several of references to the Tower of Hydrology. As it turns out, there were Elves AND Humans living Talth'Anin! The city was ruled House Thaeraes, but the Waterbenders remained a major institution. Also, it is evident that Lexis of Anin visited the city on numerous occassions, was an honored elder among the Hydromancers, and had an important political relationship with many of the Thaeraes Kings! (Obviously, any connection she might have had with Pasor is absent, along with any other mention of Pasor).

Eventually, night fall comes, and around midnight the Princess excuses herself for the night. "I had a lovely evening, Davin Fletcher; but I must head off to bed, now. I will see you at breakfast?" After Davin says goodnight, she and her handmaidens go inside; leaving Davin with many mysteries to ponder.

Alex, Straegis, Aubrey, and the other magical heads ...

Twelve hours of copying will take quite awhile.
The group is barely more than halfway done when midnight rolls around.

OOC: Hopefully, we can get you two back into the action soon ...

Verity, Vangg, and Helfare ...

The dwarf, the knight, and the elf-prince leave the palace and join the wood elves in their celebration. The villagers are dressed in elaborate, costumes; the wooden walkways are adorned with art, crafted by local elves; light-hearted music fills the air; and the feast upon wild game and wild berries as they meander and mingle. Nobody charges them for the food, and nobody charges them for their mead.

At midnight, the festival is still carrying on ...

OOC: Anything specific you'd like to check out? Or is it time for bed?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:45 pm

Davin will head to the festival to meet up with Vangg, Verity, and the Prince...and will definitely partake in any free mead offered. He then suggests they all go to the scribing room and meet up with Straegis and Alex to share what information the Princess and I uncovered. The Ranger offers The Legacy of House Thaeraes and Davin's notes to the Companion's for their inspection, and, if the Prince or the heads of the Elven magical orders wish to see them, he will show them as well.

"What if Talth'Anin and the Tower of Hydrology are hidden within Time instead of Space?"

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:06 pm

Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:"there is another nexus that...well its behaving oddly. The ley lines are still passing through an area as if the nexus is still there."
"Really? I didn't know that. It's really rather interesting."

Alex wrote:"Hopefully we'll find your Kings wife."
"Find her? You mean her corpse? She's been dead quite some time, y'know."

"I know you think she is dead, but with no corpse surely an alternative is possible. If it is possible for the king to still be alive without some sort of magic that his lost wife wouldn't have...other than the long lived magic of the elves that is. I do hope that she still lives. Surely it must be possible."
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:24 am

Swifthand wrote:Davin will head to the festival to meet up with Vangg, Verity, and the Prince...and will definitely partake in any free mead offered. He then suggests they all go to the scribing room and meet up with Straegis and Alex to share what information the Princess and I uncovered. The Ranger offers The Legacy of House Thaeraes and Davin's notes to the Companion's for their inspection, and, if the Prince or the heads of the Elven magical orders wish to see them, he will show them as well.

"What if Talth'Anin and the Tower of Hydrology are hidden within Time instead of Space?"

-Swift

Verity begins to laugh at the suggestion that something could be "hidden within Time," thinking it a joke made funnier by all that mead.
When he notices the furrowed brows of the scholars all around he realizes his mistake.
"Trapped in Time - as in ...frozen?"
He thinks aloud trying to grasp the concept.
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:51 pm

Alex wrote:Surely it must be possible."
Aubrey shrugs.

Davin wrote:Davin ... suggests they all go to the scribing room and meet up with Straegis and Alex to share what information the Princess and I uncovered. "What if Talth'Anin and the Tower of Hydrology are hidden within Time instead of Space?"
Verity wrote:"Trapped in Time - as in ...frozen?"
Maylee, Siofra, Leaf, and Aubrey all stop for a moment, intrigued.
"Is that even possible?"
"How would such a thing happen?"
Aubrey raises an eyebrow, "Well, there's your possibility, Alex."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:33 am

Straegis eats his dinner as he copies the ritual, the familiar taste of the meal reminds him how much he misses his home. He seems to write just a little faster now, not that anything is wrong with the femdrell but he does seem to be in a little bit more of a hurry to get to the Feywild.
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:23 pm

OOC: Well, is it safe to move things along now? ...

As Alex and Straegis finish guding the Elves in the copying process, Davin and Vangg and Verity wait patiently and eventually drift off to sleep. Aubrey asks the servants to lead them to a comfortable room, and the sleepy heroes are waken briefly and led to their rooms.

A few hours later, the rituals are finished. Leaf gets up, "Thanks," and walks out

Maylee stretches and Siofra yawns. "Goodnight, It was nice to meet you," Siofra says; Maylee smiles and waves. Then the two women make their exist, obviously exhausted.

Aubrey hands Alex a list of Transport Sigils and says "Goodnight, Straegis." Then he says to Alex "If it's okay with you, we can trade spells in the morning. I'm beat."

He leaves after directing the servants to lead Alex and Straegis to their rooms.
Dawn is already upon you.

OOC More to come ...
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:47 pm

Morning rolls in just a few short hours later, but the heroes are oblivious to her arrival.

Later yet, the noon day sun strolls overhead. Comfortable beneath the shadowed canopy of the Eldworn, the heroes wake up but are unaware of the blistering noonday sun that must be roasting people elsewheres.

The smell of vanilla and sweetbread wafts through the palace, occompanied by the aroma of spiced tea.
It must be morning in the Elven Palace?

Wondering out of their rooms, the heroes find the palace serence and empty. Eventually, they find Aubrey and the Princess in the dining hall, enjoying tea and waffles (yes, Elves like Waffles) "Good Morning!"

OOC: Now we can RP the exchange of magic and what not (during breakfast) ...
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next