Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

+2
magicspellz12
Malazek
6 posters

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains" - Page 6 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

Post  Swifthand Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:05 pm

"I do not have much to add, just know that we have your back, Tyrol."

Davin stands straight at attention before the military man at the rear right shoulder of Straegis, giving his silent support. The Ranger does his best to emulate the pose he saw so often from that old campaigner, Mordax. When/if introduced, Davin sends a crisp salute to the Grand Marshal.

Take 10 on Diplomacy to Aid Straegis.

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881

Back to top Go down

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains" - Page 6 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

Post  magicspellz12 Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:07 pm

Alex feels nervous and looks everywhere except at the warlords father. As Straegis introduced him he leans forward stiffly and bows.

Another GREAT description! I love the feywild.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:09 am

O.o.C.: I just spent an hour makin a sweet assed post, only to have it get deleted when i hit send. Ugh! <---that doesn't even describe how upset I am now! anyway, I'm tired, so I'll hafta redo it in the morning.
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:19 pm

"Father, please understand that I heard a rumor of a traitor in our ranks, who was set to make sure that the scroll didn't reach its final destination. That was the reason why I volunteered to be the courier in the first place, when I learned that I was to carry the decoy, well, I made a decision to leave with the real scroll that fateful night. I didn't do it for personal glory, it was to protect our reputation and our honor. Only by taking on the responsibility myself, could I guarantee that the Eladrin were not labeled as traitors. I left here the boy you raised, I return home now as an Ambassador from the Imperial lands with experiences that would make you proud. I will not attempt to avoid punishment for my rash decision, I only ask that you hear me out beforehand."

"Please let me introduce my friends before I continue, Lt. Colonel Verity Servinus- servant to the Raven Queen and perhaps the greatest horsemen I've met. Chaplain WoeVangg Rinh- also servant of the Queen and a most unique wordsmith I'm sure you'll see. Hailing from the Malbog, Lt. Colonel Davin Fletcher- quite possibly the heir to House Thaeraes, and Aubrey- the newest member to join our adventures. Last but certainly not least, Ambassador Alex the Maelstrom- with his help, I finally managed to complete the arcane studies I started in my youth."

"That brings us to the real reason for my hasty return. Father, we created a ritual so powerful it can change the very fabric of our world and we understand that it cannot be held in the hands of only a few. We delivered a copy to the Imperial army, to the King in the Femdrell, and now we are here. If you wish to summon the mages, I'm sure they will be interested to hear our explanations."

Diplomacy: 1d20=5+7(half-lvl)+5(helm)=17(+OHOM),
1d20=16+7(half-lvl)+5(helm)=28(+OHOM),
1d20=3+7(half-lvl)+5(helm)=15(+OHOM)

O.o.C.: Its not exactly like the one from last night, but I guess it'll hafta do. I didn't know how many Dipl. rolls or the total mod from OHOM, please amend.
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:10 pm

Vangg steps closer to Straegis, but remains a couple of paces behind the elf. He wishes to speak on the Ambassador's behalf, but he holds his tongue, and listens. At last, the dwarf's eyes fall upon his friend's father, studying him.

Insight: 1d20+21=31
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:03 pm

Straegis II wrote:"Father, please understand ... I only ask that you hear me out ..."
Straegis I listens, without interrupting, to his son's explanation. When the younger Straegis finishes, the elder responds (in Common) "You took a very dangerous risk, my son. Be glad things turned out as well as they did. You were lucky ... this time. But orders were disobeyed; that fact cannot be overlooked. But for now, your punishment will be postponed (and so, the details of it can be decide later). For now, you and your honored guests are to be rewarded, by order of the queen."

Vangg wrote:the dwarf's eyes fall upon his friend's father, studying him.
Insight: 31
The elder Straegis has an undying respect for military protocal and the chain of command. He obviously feels that letting disobedience go unpunished would only encourage further disobedience; and disobedience, of course, leads to disaster and ruin. Yet, he clearly allowed your successed to be recieved favorably by others. Therefore, Vangg concludes that Straegis's father is disappointed that things happened the way they did, but is relieved for how they turned out. Nonetheless, it is his duty to see things don't happen that way in the future.

Straegis II wrote:"let me introduce my friends ..."
"Pleased to meet all of you."

Straegis II wrote:"we created a ritual so powerful it can change the very fabric of our world ... summon the mages ... to hear our explanations."
"Very well; I will summon the Ghaele straightaway."

The Grand Marshall leads the heroes from the map room, down the hall, and out of his sanctuary. He marches through the Eladrin streets. Around the corner, a tall spiralling tower comes into view; dwarfing everything around it. The Grand Marshal seems to be going there. He takes you right to the Spiral Tower, and enters one of the many doors on the ground floor.

Inside, the ground floor is just one enormous rooms, with many spiral staircases twisting and climbing up to the floors overhead. Several Eladrin scholars, again in pastals, roam about the massive room (which is decorated with stained glass windows and hanging plants all around; even the lush carpets are rather artistic). In the very middle, he meets with a young Eladrin and whispers for him to go fetch the Ghaele.

Then, he waits. Turning to the assembled heroes, he engages in small talk about the Elves and the new Human Emperor.

After awhile, the boy comes back, and directs the heroes to one of the many staircases. Again, the Grand-Marshal leads the way; ascending the indicated staircase, he climbs to the seventh floor. The stairs themselves appear to be made of glass; but the same lush red carpet is draped over them.

On the seventh floor, he opens a door and walks into a room that can only be described as a austere courtroom. Four venerable Eladrin are sitting behind the benches of office. Straegis I introduces you all to the four; and then introduces the four to you. "This is the honorable Ghaele of Winter. To his right, the Ghaele of Spring; to her right, the Ghaele of Summer; and finally the Ghaele of Autumn." The heroes notice that the names of the various Ghaele were not included in their introductions.

These are the heads of magic here. The are both ancient and mysterious.

Last edited by Malazek on Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:56 am

Relief washes over Verity that Straegis shall not be imprisoned for his insubordination, at least for now. Then the elder Straegis's words give him pause:

The elder Straegis wrote:"For now, you and your honored guests are to be rewarded, by order of the queen."

He looks quizzically to Vangg, wondering; is the Grand Marshall speaking in Sharp-tongue? Laughing

Approaching the soaring Spiral Tower he studies the structure, fascinated. Too often arcane orders neglect spiritual study but here magic and worship are one for the Wizards of Corellon. Climbing the stairs within his eyes sweep around the exotic interior with unabashed curiosity.

The elder Straegis wrote:"This is the honorable Ghaele of Winter. To his right, the Ghaele of Spring; to her right, the Ghaele of Summer; and finally the Ghaele of Autumn."

Verity wonders if the seasonal aspects of the Ghaele correspond to the four elements. Perhaps these venerable mystics can offer insight into how balance might best be restored? He stands patiently by and waits to find out.
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:34 pm

Malazek wrote:. . . dwarfing everything around it.

OOC: Vangg resents Malazek's verb choice Laughing
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:17 pm

Davin Fletcher step forward and bow to the Ghaele Lords. Then, standing straight, he begins to address the ancient Eladrin masters.

"O ancient and mysterious heads of magic: we Companions of Brackwater come bearing weighty and powerful knowledge, knowledge that, if left in the hands of those with ill intentions, could rend the fabric of the world asunder. We have done that which was deemed impossible - changed the elemental alignment of one nexi to another element. Specifically, we have transformed the Wise Stone, once held in reverence by the Dwarves, to the Heroes Vortex, a maestrom of Elemental Water. Even now, the Heroes Vortex, deep within the Bitten Peaks, has been secured and garrisoned by an allied force of the Velatin Vanguard, Aquamancers from faraway Imil, and Imperial troops.

"We have done this in retaliation against the Dwarves, for we have uncovered an generation-spanning and far-reaching conspiracy headed by the bearded ones. The Dwarves seek to control all nexi of Elemental Earth, and destroy all others. They tried to destroy Talth'Anin - but were late - our forebearers stronghold fell victim to another, unknown fate. They succeeded in Shadow Pass. And now, through their vile sneak-attack, they control all other known Earth nexi. One does not need to describe to you, venerable ones, the calamity that could ensue if one people controlled all Elemental magic by causing the ascendancy of one Element to the destruction of all others."

"To begin the restoration of the Elemental balance, to turn back the conspiracy that the bearded devils that have spent decades plotting in their dark, dank, smoke-filled halls, and to smite the foes that sneak attacked us while posing as peace-loving folk, we Companions of Brackwater have created this new magic ritual: Change Elemental Alignment. This ritual works, but not without great risk, and only when cast by a ritualist of Archmaster ability."

"Because no one can see what the future holds, or the intent of the leaders of some far off age, we have chosen to give a copy of this ritual to the heads of the three great allies that banded together versus the Dwarven incursion. We hope that by doing so, NO NATION every uses this ritual preemptively or without consensus, for the dangers of this rituals misuse are legion."

"We thank you for your time, Ghaele Masters, and now, may we present...

Ritual: Change Elemental Alignment"

Davin take another step forward and places the Eladrin's copy of the ritual before the Ghaele, and then steps back into line with the others.

Diplomacy=27 (no OHOM aiding bonus)

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:41 pm

OOC: Oh, excellent, we get to move forward now? Sweet ...

The Ghaels look at one another in silent communication, and bring great quils to bear For the next several hours, they listen to the heroes explanation and inscribe the ritual into their archives. Decanters of revitalizing are brought forth to keep the non-Eladrin awake and alert throughout the process; and somehow, the nectar keeps everyone focused and interested. Before you know it, the process is finished.

Major Quest - Deliver the Ritual to All Three Nations: 2000 XPs Each (54,556 Total)

Afterwards, the Grand Marshal returns (with no apparent summons) and leads the heroes from the chamber.
One of the Ghael utters "thank you" as the door closes.

"Any problems?" Straegis I asks.

When he is content that everything went smooth, he aks "Is there anything you require before your audience with our queen?"

OOC: Where is everyone lately?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:47 pm

Malazek wrote:OOC: Where is everyone lately?

OCC: "Here," [raises hand].
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:06 am

Malazek wrote:OOC: Where is everyone lately?

O.o.C.: I'm here too, now. Worked sat. barbecued yesterday, work today. Still here tho.

More than satisfied with Davin's description of the ritual and his recollection of the events at the Heroes Vortex, Straegis leaves it to him. When they are complete and his father returns, Straegis responds to his questions with a question. "As my father, not my superior officer, what do I need to know before my face to face with the Queen?"
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:31 pm

Straegis II wrote:"what do I need to know before my face to face with the Queen?"
"The usual: be confident, but humble; be respectful, but do not show weakness. Remember, you are there to be rewarded; but do not allow yourself to be TOO bold."

"When you are done speaking with Gloriana, we must speak of the traitors from the north."

The elder Straegis leads you again through the streets of the Eladrin city, surrounded by the delicate towers of the Feywild. It's a long walk, but it's a bright sunny day; so you don't mind. After while, it seems like you might have been walking for some distance; but you're not really sure. Just when you think about asking, you come to a most magnificent structure.

Similiar to the rest of the city, this structure is composed of seven connected towers arranged in a circle around a massive central tower; the central tower itself sports three spires in the higher end. The whole structure looks to be crafted from white crystal. At ground level, the round cuts under the main tower; which is held aloft by many many archways, each taller than a normal buildings.

Through the archways, the roads converge upon a wide caldusac in the very middle, under the main tower. A spacious park occupies the island bwteen the circular road, and an enormous white gazebo sits in the middle of the park. Flowering shrubs surround it.

The Grand Marshal walks right to center, and traverses one of seven stone trails that lead through the park, from the road to the Gazebo. As you follow, you notice there is quite crowd gathers in and around the gazebo; light, eery music emenating from them.

As you draw near, the music stops, and the assembled Eladrin look up at your approach. One woman, extremely beautiful despite her substantial age, stands up. A gossamer white gown hangs loosely upon her slender form; and her golden hair hangs down in four long braids. With opalescent eyes, she takes you in (of course, she has no pupils, as no Eladrin do; but beyond that, her eyes do not seem to be of any distinct color. They are either purple, green, or orange; you can't tell which). You sense a tremendous power behind her gaze.

"Our guests have arrived," she says. "Come, join us; listen to some music. When you are ready, we'd love to hear the tale of your heroic journey!"

The Grand Marshal bows to the queen of the Eladrin, and then looks at his son before waving him forward.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Verity whistles counterpoint to the eerie music.
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:04 pm

As they walk, Straegis repeats the things his father says to him, to his allies. He wants them all to be able to take part in the storytelling but he needs to be sure they understand the Eladrin extreme need for respect and honor. When he gets to the part about the Eladrin of the north, Straegis is reminded again of Mordax's tale, his heart sinks for a moment and he replies, "Indeed."
He smiles when he hears the warm greeting and bows slightly at the waist. He motions for his friends to do the same and says "Ahh, music to go along with our story, we would be honored. At your convenience I will introduce my esteemed colleagues." If she agrees, Straegis will introduce the Heroes individually, using their bestowed military ranks and a short description of their unique talents.

Diplomacy(?): 1d20=6+7(half-lvl)+1(chr. mod)=14

O.o.C.: Do I even need that Dipl. roll?
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:16 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:Diplomacy(?): 1d20=6+7(half-lvl)+1(chr. mod)=14
O.o.C.: Do I even need that Dipl. roll?
OOC: Yes. In fact, that's a good idea. Let me get Diplomacy rolls (or something similiar) from everyone.

Straegis wrote:He smiles when he hears the warm greeting and bows slightly at the waist. He motions for his friends to do the same and says "Ahh, music to go along with our story, we would be honored. At your convenience I will introduce my esteemed colleagues." If she agrees, Straegis will introduce the Heroes individually, using their bestowed military ranks and a short description of their unique talents.
The Eladrin queen smiles slightly, and waves her hand. "Yes, please, precede."

Passive Insight: Straegis senses that she's mildly annoyed by something.

OOC: 14?! We'll call that a failed roll. You need 6 success before accumulating 3 failures.
EVERYone must participate in this skill challenge
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:05 pm

Verity will aid his companions diplomacy by nodding thoughtfully when they speak. His intent is to indicate their words are profound or otherwise very interesting for those clever enough to realize it.

He'll address the Queen later.
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:44 am

O.o.C.: Has it been a day yet since I used Factotum Helm? If so, I would like to activate for Diplomacy again!!?!

Sensing the queens displeasure, Straegis drops to one knee and humbly says "Forgive me my Queen, for speaking so quickly. It seems my time away from home has caused me to forget some manners. We will continue with our tale when you are comfortable." He tips his hand from his brow toward her and awaits her permission to rise.

Diplomacy: 1d20=10+1+7(half-lvl)=18 (<---fingers crossed)

O.o.C.2: Gonna need a little help here I think!
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:57 am

When Straegis introduces Davin, he steps forward, bows deeply, and addresses the Queen.

"Queen Gloriana, tales of the wonder and majesty of your land do it no justice. Now, finally seeing it in person, I find that it's beauty is only surpassed by that of it's people. Thank you for your hospitality."

As the Ranger backs up to rejoin his friends, an unseen Hound slinks forward before Queen Gloriana. Smiling with his tongue hanging out, he licks her hand and then sits before the Eladrin monarch. Quirking his head to the side, the dog offers a paw to the Queen to "shake".

"CYL!"

Davin's Diplomacy=29
Hound's Diplomacy (Take 10, Aiding others by breaking the tension and being the cute dog)=14

O.O.C. - Straegis can have Hound's Aid roll if it will help him. That is, of course, unless Gloriana is allergic to dogs....

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:46 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:O.o.C.: Has it been a day yet since I used Factotum Helm? If so, I would like to activate for Diplomacy again!!?!
No. You haven't had an extended rest since talking with your father.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:29 pm

OOC: Invisible Castle is down

Vangg will use insight on the Queen to see what she is annoyed about - take 10 for a 31

He will also use his 18 Charisma to win her over--after Stra(t)egis(t) introduces him:

"Well meets ye 'ighness o' da Eladrins. Me nigh ta flatter ye w' words: me only tells ye dat an smile complimenteth ye face moreover so den an frown. May da Queen o' Fate blesseth ye henceforth; an' all ye kind. An' in turn, we seeketh ye blessin's foremosts."

The dwarf steps back and
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:04 pm

Diplomacy is SO not Alex's thing! Sorry I can't be of any help. Unless you want her frozen of course?
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:47 pm

At the Queen's behest, Straegis will introduce his allies using a similar description to what he gave his father when they arrived.
macksgarageusa wrote:"Please let me introduce my friends before I continue, Lt. Colonel Verity Servinus- servant to the Raven Queen and perhaps the greatest horsemen I've met. Chaplain WoeVangg Rinh- also servant of the Queen and a most unique wordsmith I'm sure you'll see. Hailing from the Malbog, Lt. Colonel Davin Fletcher- quite possibly the heir to House Thaeraes, and Aubrey- the newest member to join our adventures. Last but certainly not least, Ambassador Alex the Maelstrom- with his help, I finally managed to complete the arcane studies I started in my youth."
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Halcyon Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:30 pm

Glorianna wrote:"Come, join us; listen to some music. When you are ready, we'd love to hear the tale of your heroic journey!"

Verity bows deep.

"A heroic journey it has been, Queen Glorianna of the dancing eyes. A journey with all the elements of the sagas: love and treachery, dragons and kings, angels and Gods. Regrettably the extent of our chronicle precludes telling all at once. Why, songs of Ambassador Straegis’s exploits alone could keep a bard singing for all his days.

“It was he who lifted an ancient curse from a still more ancient hero, restoring noble Rex Qualibar to life. Most fortunate that, for the legengdary king of ages past offered crucial aid to our quest.

"I’d scarcely believe it myself had I not lived it. Still it was not the first nor last time Straegis has made the impossible possible for we.

“It was no mean task breaking the defenses of the dwarves. Their nigh-impenetrable defenses are those to which al others are compared. The scurrilous longbeards are stalwart as the stone they call home; it’s what’s kept the Horde at bay all these many years. But with Straegis’s command of the battlefield we breeched those ‘impenetrable’ defenses.

"A surprise attack it was, in retribution for the longbeards own traitorous attack on the Imperial Capital. Our strike was hard and lightning fast. Always one move ahead of the dwarven commanders were we, and out tactics scattered them like leaves in a great wind. More quickly than we could have hoped and with minimal loss of life we had cleared the way to our prize, the most holy site of the Sons of Moradin, the Wise Stone.

“It was there at the object of our quest that your son manifested power of a magnitude that few can conceive, and that no mortal had ever controlled. There Straegis and the Maelstrom bent the very essence of creation, the primordial elements, to their will. As we fought to keep the dwarves at bay they chanted on and on, ever louder, insisting that Earth become Water, that balance be restored, that the centuries old longbeard plot for Armageddon end finally then and there.

“The light and noise…For a time it was as though reality inself was torn and the Gods cried out in the pain of it. And then, slowly, hardest stone became mud, and then water, and then the silver thundering rush of the Heroes Vortex. I scarcely remember it happening: touched by madness were we all. Men are not meant to witness such wonders; all who were present there shall ever be marked by the birth of the Vortex.

“Still, someone had to dare those terrible magics lest our world become one great rock, devoid of cool winds and warm rain, towering trees and birdsong. And so the Eladrin who kneels humbly before you did what had to be done, not stopping to dwell on the dangers. Throughout our travels, always has Straegis put the well-being of his people above his own. I am most honored to call him friend.”

Diplomacy: 41
Halcyon
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:23 pm

Straegis wrote: "Forgive me my Queen, for speaking so quickly." He tips his hand from his brow toward her and awaits her permission to rise.
Gloriana gestures for him to rise and continue.

Straegis wrote:At the Queen's behest, Straegis will introduce his allies using a similar description to what he gave his father when they arrived.
Gloriana says hello, in turn, to each and every hero introduced.

Davin wrote:When Straegis introduces Davin, he steps forward, bows deeply, and addresses the Queen. "Queen Gloriana, ... Thank you for your hospitality." Hound slinks forward ... offers a paw to the Queen to "shake".
The Eladrin queen smiles at Hound. Hound tilts his head as if listening; his tail wagging joyously. The, suddenly, he barks. Gloriana smiles. An unspoken undertsanding has been reached betwen them.

Vangg wrote:Vangg will use insight on the Queen to see what she is annoyed about
She was apparently annoyed with Straegis demeaner or tone of voice; but that's all better now.

Vangg wrote:"Well meets ye 'ighness o' da Eladrins. Me nigh ta flatter ye w' words: me only tells ye dat an smile complimenteth ye face moreover so den an frown. May da Queen o' Fate blesseth ye henceforth; an' all ye kind. An' in turn, we seeketh ye blessin's foremosts." The dwarf steps back and
And the queen replies "Thank you, Master Vangg."

Verity wrote:Verity bows deep. "A heroic journey it has been ... always has Straegis put the well-being of his people above his own. I am most honored to call him friend.”
Alex wrote:Diplomacy is SO not Alex's thing! Sorry I can't be of any help. Unless you want her frozen of course?
The queen and her attendents listen closely to Verity's tale, seemingly entertained by the story. Vangg, however, notices that the queen casts a curious glare at Alex; as if bothered by his cavalier attitude.

Straegis: Diplomacy 14
Straegis: Diplomacy 18+2 (Aid from Hound)
Davin: Diplomacy 29
Vangg: Insight 31
Alex: No Action
Verity: Diplomacy 41
That's 4 Success and 2 Failures, so far ...

When Verity finishes the story, the Eladrin queen says ...
"Such wonderful heroics deserve equally wonderful rewards, wouldn't you say?"

OOC: She intends to reward the party, but the Skill Challenge isn't over yet. You need 2 more successes before getting another failure. Everyone must participate. Success (or Failure) in this SC will dictate how awesome (or sucky) the gifts are. And whether it earns XPs..
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next