Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Page 3 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r on Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:54 pm

As drakor makes a scene and composes himself he gives another look around to see if anyone saw the pickpocket.

Roll (perception, guessing a -2 for the additional try)
avatar
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84
Join date : 2013-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Admin on Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:54 pm

The member 'Fu3l3dGam3r' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 10

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Malazek on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:31 pm

Drakor wrote:As drakor makes a scene and composes himself he gives a ... look around to see if anyone saw the pickpocket.

- Roll (perception)to see if anyone saw that: 1
Roll (perception) to make sure i saw that: 6
Drakor didn't see the "grab," but has a pretty good idea about what just happened. It does not, however, appear that anybody else has noticed.

Drakor wrote:Roll (perception, guessing a -2 for the additional try)
- OOC: Just to clarify how "re-tries" work: no penalty is usually applied (though exceptions exist) and not every action can even be re-tried. It's totally GM fiat. Certainly, in this case, Drakor can look again to "make sure" ... but bear in mind, it's always possible that whatever he missed the first time might not be there a second later when he looks again. Just saying.  Twisted Evil
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:44 pm

Glitz wrote:Gemma waves to the shopkeeper, and the two hooded figures nod. Once Iris starts talking to the shopkeeper again, Gemma will peruse the goods in the shop, and then wait by the door until the two sisters are ready to depart.

After concluding her business with the apothecary, Iris will wrap up and turn to leave the apothecary's hut. "We are headed to Dockin with our investigation, so I may be awhile in returning with the Bloodleaf." Turning to Gemma, "I believe the group is meeting at the inn, where we meet with you and Jonrick. We can take you back there, but I'm sure our parents are worried about us."

Malazek wrote:
Iris wrote:Found at least one of each ingredient you were looking for," Iris states matter-of-factly as she hands over the supplies the apothecary asked for
- OOC: Wait, did you find any bloodleaf?

Iris (Adv 1 Pg 26) wrote:OOC: Oh, and to answer your earlier question, Mal, we are just missing Bloodleaf for the apothecary.

OOC: Sorry! Forgot we didn't find any! It's my remember, see...??

Malazek wrote:An easel stands near the entrance with a sign, displaying a menu of the inn's services and nightly specials.


  • Private rooms (2 beds) for 3 coins per night
  • Stabling for 1 coin per night
  • Mug of ale, mead, or wine for 1 coin
  • Pitcher of ale, mead, or wine for 6 coins
  • Bath water for 1 coin
  • Luxury bath with hot water, soap, and towels for 2 coins
  • Porridge or baked beans for 1 coin
  • Soup or Stew for 2 coins
  • - Soup of the Day: Prok stew with taters and leaks
  • Daily special for 2 coins
  • - Tonight's special: baked bread, roasted pork with taters and carrots
  • Fresh feasts must be purchased a full day in advance


OOC: I figured that since our family just relocated to Twin Towns, Jasmine and I would have a place to stay. If not, we could obviously crash at the inn with the group.
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Malazek on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:54 pm

Iris wrote:After concluding her business with the apothecary, Iris will wrap up and turn to leave the apothecary's hut. "We are headed to Dockin with our investigation, so I may be awhile in returning with the Bloodleaf." Turning to Gemma, "I believe the group is meeting at the inn, where we meet with you and Jonrick. We can take you back there, but I'm sure our parents are worried about us."
The apothecary looks at the number of Norgan's Stools and the amount of Witch Moss and says, "that's alright. There's quite a bit here; a lot more than I expected. Why don't I trade you the recipe for what you have here and we can call it even. That way, if you find any Bloodleaf, you can practice your craft along the way?"

Iris wrote:OOC: I figured that since our family just relocated to Twin Towns, Jasmine and I would have a place to stay. If not, we could obviously crash at the inn with the group.
- OOC: Absolutely, Iris and Jasmine can crash with their folks. Did we ever name their parents?
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Glitz on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:30 pm

"Oh, it's so nice that you have parents in town! Just charming...so sweet, mother and father..." Gemma trails off for a minute, and then smiles. "I won't keep you two from your family. My brother and sister will make sure that I make it to the inn safely. See you in the morning!" She waves, and then motions for her siblings to follow her on the way to the inn. 

She makes her way to the inn. Glancing at the list of prices, she pushes her lower lip out into a pout and makes her way toward the barkeep. "Excuse me, sir, but I was wondering if you might have any special prices for room and board? Your prices are very reasonable and I hate to ask for special treatment, it's just..." she pauses and sniffs, "My GM's a real Scrooge My parents died a few weeks ago and it's just me and my siblings and times have been so hard lately..." She buries her face in her hands and sighs deeply, and then peeks up at the barkeep.

Persuasion +2
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Glitz on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:32 pm

Die roll...
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Admin on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:32 pm

The member 'Glitz' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 2

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  zappo168 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:35 pm

OOC - Jasmine and Iris are actually trying to distance themselves somewhat from their parents, who are wealthy merchants, due to a (shady) deal gone badly wrong up in Zargos. Their "place" would be a solo flat. Right, JRD? I can't text you for some reason.


"Well. Good times by all. I should get some rest." Jasmine seems uncharacteristically surly. "Unless..." she takes a long pause. "Well, a drink o'ale does sound like it'd hit the spot..."
avatar
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157
Join date : 2016-04-02
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  151prooftattoos on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:03 pm

'Dioro' motions to Drakor, and makes his way to the nearest alley (to disappear from sight (Stealth +2)) and he will circle back around toward the inn. On the way, he removes the coins and ditches the purse in some hedges. Moments later, he spots a homeless vagabond and walks towards him.

"Taken from someone who needeth not... as you do, Sir."

Felix places the 4 coins in the man's hand, then heads for the inn.


Last edited by 151prooftattoos on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
avatar
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Admin on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:03 pm

The member '151prooftattoos' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 1

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  151prooftattoos on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:05 pm

~Luck for re-roll:
6/10 AP
avatar
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Admin on Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:05 pm

The member '151prooftattoos' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 9

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Somnium on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:52 pm

Malazek wrote:The old woman smiles. "I suppose that would be alright. Let me see. Would you mind mincing these and spreading them out to dry ... and ... then maybe grinding this into a fine powder? After that, I might need some help lifting the crock, but if you're willing to help me, then I see no reason you couldn't borrow my vessels to practice your own craft."

Merrill will do odd jobs and hard labor through the afternoon and then make three doses, costing 14 coins then? 

OOC: +2 to alchemy
avatar
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-03-14

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Admin on Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:52 pm

The member 'Somnium' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


#1 'd10' : 5

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 6

--------------------------------

#3 'd10' : 9

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Malazek on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:38 am

Merrill wrote:Merrill will do odd jobs and hard labor through the afternoon and then make three doses, costing 14 coins then?
- d10s : 5, 6, 9 (+2 to alchemy) = 7, 8, 11
 - OOC: Perfect.


Gemma wrote:She makes her way to the inn. Glancing at the list of prices, she pushes her lower lip out into a pout and makes her way toward the barkeep. "Excuse me, sir, but I was wondering if you might have any special prices for room and board? Your prices are very reasonable and I hate to ask for special treatment, it's just..." she pauses and sniffs, My parents died a few weeks ago and it's just me and my siblings and times have been so hard lately..." She buries her face in her hands and sighs deeply, and then peeks up at the barkeep.
- d10 : 2 (Persuasion +2) = 4
"Oh, I am sorry to hear that," the barkeep says. "When the inn is crowded, we sometimes allow guests to sleep in the stables for a reduced price. As long as you have a coin between you, I could let you share a stall. It can smell pretty bad out there, but it's more comfortable than the street, I promise."

Dioro wrote:'Dioro' motions to Drakor, and makes his way to the nearest alley (to disappear from sight) and he will circle back around toward the inn. On the way, he removes the coins and ditches the purse in some trash. Moments later, he spots a homeless vagabond and walks towards him.

- d10 : 1 (d10: 9, with Luck) +2 Stealth = 11

"Taken from someone who needeth not... as you do Sir."

Felix placed the 4 coins in the man's hand and headed for the inn.
Unlike the bigger cities of Zargos and Buckfield, Twin Towns doesn't really offer "alleys" for a vagabond to disappear into. As luck would have it, however, Dioro does find a yard with a well-maintained hedge, where he can dump the tiny purse without being noticed. Between there and the inn, he stumbles upon a beggar asking for alms.

When Dioro hands him the coins, the pauper is most grateful. "Thank you, kind sirs! Thank you! You are most generous. May the gods smile upon you!"

As Dioro and Felix head off toward the inn, the mendicant seems to be heading in the same direction.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:01 am

Roll perception: 6

"psst, D, I think we have a follower. That mendicant seems to be goin' our way."

--OOC: its night time right? this will depend on what i do next Razz
avatar
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84
Join date : 2013-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  zappo168 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:26 pm

Jasmine waves for a serving-girl, hoping an ale will quench her thirst--and her angst. Being so close to her parents and hearing Gemma's peppy trilling about mom and dad has made her quite uncomfortable. She knows that the dark, cold, light-headedness of ale will bring her some relief. Iris hangs on with some concern as she hears Jasmine order up a drink...she has seen enough times what the result of too many ales has been...
avatar
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157
Join date : 2016-04-02
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Somnium on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:46 pm

Merrill waves goodbye to the herbalist and heads to the inn. She'll sit down next to Jasmine with a tired sigh. "I'd rather be killing goblins then working in a shop. When are we leaving again?"
avatar
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-03-14

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Glitz on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:25 pm

Gemma flushes, humiliated at the thought of having to sleep in a stable stall. "That's...most generous, sir," she finally mumbles. "We'll take you up on that. And one plate of beans, please, and some water, if you don't mind." She places her two coins on the counter and turns to face the tables. Spotting a familiar (although not really friendly) face, Gemma heads to the table where Jasmine is sitting. "Jasmine, hello again," Gemma greets the surly woman. "Hi, I'm Gemma," she finishes, putting her hand out to the person beside Jasmine. "I am hoping to travel with you all during the next part of your journey."

Gemma then turns and nods to her brother and sister, who find empty chairs in the darkest corner of the inn that they can find. She, however, chooses a seat across the table from Jasmine and Merrill.
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Somnium on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:30 pm

"I'm Merrill. Don't your companions want to join us? There's plenty of room at the table I'd think."
avatar
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-03-14

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  151prooftattoos on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:15 pm

"Never mind him, Good Sir," 'Dioro' whispers to Drakor. "I'm certain with his new coins, he is either on his way to get ale or a well-needed bathing."

As twilight creeps over the town, he makes his way toward the inn. Before entering, he will gather some dead leaves and crumble them together. Then, he will pack his pipe and use his flint/steel to create a small fire with a nearby stick and the leaves. He takes a few long tokes, holding the smoke in for a long while, and then offers the pipe to Drakor.


"Inhaleth this brother, feel the mind-blessing of nature."

Shortly afterwards, 'Dioro' enters the inn and approaches the barkeep, "I notice that thou hath a stage in your establishment, Good sir. For 2 coin, I playeth and entertain your patrons until thou ale causeth all to embrace sleep. What say thou, Good Sir? And if coin be too difficult to part with, mayhap giveth me and my friends food and shelter for the night in exchange?"


(Charming/Persuasion +2)

-OOC: waiting on the barkeep's response to decide what to do next... will use Luck if needed. tongue

He walks over to the table and introduces himself to Gemma and her tongueless cohorts, "A pleasure, I am Dioro Evinrood. My friends here saveth my life; they are the greatest of folk, I jest you not."


Last edited by 151prooftattoos on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:35 pm; edited 6 times in total
avatar
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Admin on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:15 pm

The member '151prooftattoos' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 3

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:56 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:"Never mind him, Good Sir," 'Dioro' whispers to Drakor. "I'm certain with his new coins, he is either on his way to get ale or a well-needed bathing."

As twilight creeps over the town, he makes his way toward the inn. Before entering, he will gather some dead leaves and crumble them together. Then, he will pack his pipe and use his flint/steel to create a small fire with a nearby stick and the leaves. He takes a few long tokes, holding the smoke in for a long while, and then offers the pipe to Drakor.


"Inhaleth this brother, feel the mind-blessing of nature."

Shortly afterwards, 'Dioro' enters the inn and approaches the barkeep, "I notice that thou hath a stage in your establishment, Good sir. For 2 coin, I playeth and entertain your patrons until thou ale causeth all to embrace sleep. What say thou, Good Sir? And if coin be too difficult to part with, mayhap giveth me and my friends food and shelter for the night in exchange?"


(Charming/Persuasion +2)

-OOC: waiting on the barkeep's response to decide what to do next... will use Luck if needed. tongue

He walks over to the table and introduces himself to Gemma and her tongueless cohorts, "A pleasure, I am Dioro Evinrood. My friends here saveth my life; they are the greatest of folk, I jest you not."

"Sure, thanks." after take a few long tokes from the pipe drakor will pull his hood up and tighter so that his face is hidden in the shadows of his hood and follows in behind Diorier.
avatar
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84
Join date : 2013-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Malazek on Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:09 pm

Drakor wrote:--OOC: its night time right? this will depend on what i do next
- OOC: Well, evening time, anyway. Not quite nightfall.

Gemma wrote:Gemma flushes, humiliated at the thought of having to sleep in a stable stall. "That's...most generous, sir," she finally mumbles. "We'll take you up on that. And one plate of beans, please, and some water, if you don't mind." She places her two coins on the counter and turns to face the tables. Spotting a familiar (although not really friendly) face, Gemma heads to the table where Jasmine is sitting. 
"I'll have a server bring it over to you."

Jasmine wrote:Jasmine waves for a serving-girl, hoping an ale will quench her thirst--and her angst. Being so close to her parents and hearing Gemma's peppy trilling about mom and dad has made her quite uncomfortable. She knows that the dark, cold, light-headedness of ale will bring her some relief. Iris hangs on with some concern as she hears Jasmine order up a drink...she has seen enough times what the result of too many ales has been...
Merrill wrote:Merrill waves goodbye to the herbalist and heads to the inn. She'll sit down next to Jasmine with a tired sigh. "I'd rather be killing goblins then working in a shop. When are we leaving again?"
Gemma wrote:"Jasmine, hello again," Gemma greets the surly woman. "Hi, I'm Gemma," she finishes, putting her hand out to the person beside Jasmine. "I am hoping to travel with you all during the next part of your journey." Gemma then turns and nods to her brother and sister, who find empty chairs in the darkest corner of the inn that they can find. She, however, chooses a seat across the table from Jasmine and Merrill.
Merrill wrote:"I'm Merrill. Don't your companions want to join us? There's plenty of room at the table I'd think."

Dioro wrote:He walks over to the table and introduces himself to Gemma and her tongueless cohorts, "A pleasure, I am Dioro Evinrood. My friends here saveth my life; they are the greatest of folk, I jest you not."
The serving girl comes over with a plate of baked beans and sets it in front of Gemma. She looks to Jasmine and the others with a nod. "Ales all around?"

Dioro wrote:Shortly afterwards, 'Dioro' enters the inn and approaches the barkeep, "I notice that thou hath a stage in your establishment, Good sir. For 2 coin, I playeth and entertain your patrons until thou ale causeth all to embrace sleep. What say thou, Good Sir? And if coin be too difficult to part with, mayhap giveth me and my friends food and shelter for the night in exchange?"
"Hmm." The barkeep ponders. "Most of the minstrels who play here do so for a free meal and a free drink, but if you would prefer a couple of coins, I guess that could be arranged. To be honest, you'd probably fair better with the usual offer ... but, how many 'friends' do you speak of?"

While Dioro and Drakor are standing at the bar, the beggar from before wanders up behind them. "Archie, this guy is real good. You should let him play ... and I'll have four mugs of ale (or a pitcher, if you can cut me a deal)."

The barkeep looks over, as the beggar sets four coins on the bar. "Very well," the barkeep sighs. "Well, it's up to you, Dioro: food and drink or a couple of coins?"
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum