Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

+6
Alpha Omega
151prooftattoos
Somnium
TheDeadWillWalk
Fu3l3dGam3r
Malazek
10 posters

Page 2 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next

Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 2 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  FutbolDude21586 Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:50 pm

Glitz wrote:Gemma turns to the group of adventures as they slowly approach Jonrick. Once introduced, she says to whoever remains, "My name is Gemma Sable. I understand that we may share a common enemy. My siblings and I are interested in joining you, if you'll have us. That's Miriam, and Brody. They don't talk much. Ever. Lost their tongues," Gemma finishes with a dramatic whisper, gesturing first to the smaller figure with a bow strapped to her back, and then the larger figure, who appears to have a sword hanging from his belt.

"Nice to meet you. I am Iris Landsend and this is my sister, Jasmine." Iris introduces the not so identical female that she is leaning heavily on. "We are recent arrivals here in North Lawn, I am trying to use its proper name, but Twin Towns to non-locals, ourselves so we understand feeling a little lost."

zappo168 wrote:Jasmine walks arm-in-arm with Iris. "I have a funny feeling about all this," she whispers. "Maybe we should speak to the cutesy little one whose siblings have all lost their tongues. That seems strangest of all."

"It does seem a little odd that both of them do not speak." Iris says to her sister. To Gemma, "I have to make a delivery to the town apothecary, perhaps I could make an introduction if you would like to walk with us?"
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 2 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Glitz Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:57 am

"The reason that they do not speak is more horrific than I would usually share during an introduction, but Nalkar made trophies of their tongues on the same night that he killed my mother and my father. That is why we wish to join you -- we have unfinished business with Nalkor," Gemma explains, sensing apprehension from her new party members. "I would love to join you," she accepts the invitation, and begins to walk with the two sisters.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:56 am

Knowing the towns folk didn't take to kindly to the sight of him before, drakor will stay stealthy and keep an eye on felix and the new comers to the group, introductions will come in time. Smile

OOC: i will most likely turn in for the night when everyone else does. who has the best ability to chat with people, cause i will ask for their assistance in purchasing goods since there is a distaste for me in town Smile
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:28 am

'Dioro' notices Drakor browsing wares and motions him over.

"Come hither Good Sir, wise to stock up on supplies doth not thou agree?" He will help Drakor interact with people (+2 on social interactions/ charming).

"Lay thou eyes on my new weapon!" He slides the rapier slightly out of its sheath, "I studied and did performances as a fencer many moons ago. This item shalt come in handy. And I could not resisteth purchasing this little bandore!"

As they are browsing 'Dioro' whispers, "Hah... make coin... giveth it to other folk, repeat; such is the way of the world."

Last edited by 151prooftattoos on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:46 am

Iris wrote:To Gemma, "I have to make a delivery to the town apothecary, perhaps I could make an introduction if you would like to walk with us?"
Gemma wrote:"I would love to join you," she accepts the invitation, and begins to walk with the two sisters.
- OOC: Is anyone else tagging along? Merrill? Taryk?

It's a short walk to the Apothecary. You find the place exactly as you left it. As soon as you enter, the old woman greets you, "back so soon? That sure was quick!"
Apothecary wrote:... a nearby Apothecary shop, just a few blocks past the inn. The shop itself is rather small, with a number of boxed flower beds growing in front of the building.

Inside the tiny shop, your senses are assaulted by the sharp aroma of herbs and flowers. Tables stand against every wall, cluttered with hundreds of labelled clay pots. Some of the pots have lids, but others are being used as planters. Another table stands in the middle of the room, piled with bowls, utensils, and other instruments. There is fireplace in one corner of the room and a tall chest of many drawers in another. The floor is layered with old, ragged rugs. A single door stands against the back wall, opposite the entrance.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:26 pm

Merrill will accompany the other ladies to the apothecary, curious if there will be something useful for helping her make some poison for her arrows.
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:28 pm

After helping Drakor and acquiring some new wares, 'Dioro' sighs - once again he has splurged and spent all his coin. After setting his backpack in a corner of the market, he sits upon it. He then places his large belt pouch in front of him (with the flap open for passers-by to drop coin in).

He begins playing his new bandore (tiny guitar) doing well-known tunes and some singing - to try to rake in some coin donations.

Performance +2

Last edited by 151prooftattoos on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:28 pm

The member '151prooftattoos' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 8

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:43 pm

Merrill wrote:Merrill will accompany the other ladies to the apothecary, curious if there will be something useful for helping her make some poison for her arrows.
Although it is illegal to sell "poison" in Twin Towns, you see that apothecary does have a number of toxic ingredients in stock (none of which are priced for sale). She probably uses them to brew antidotes and other concoctions.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:47 pm

OOC: With the components we found in the cavern and what she has here, can Merrill make some doses of bloodtar?
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:52 pm

Felix wrote:He begins playing his new bandore (tiny guitar) doing well-known tunes and some singing - to try to rake in some coin donations.
Many of the market-goers stop to listen and applaud. You even see a few of them checking their coin purses, but the townsfolk here are not wealthy, and most of them simply cannot afford to tip on the street. One wealthy merchant, however, wanders over and drops a coin in your pouch.

- OOC: The way the performance rules are written, you would normally earn 2 coins per day (a number equal to your skill rank) between adventures ... but this is one of the mechanics I am considering for revision. Expect a POLL on this subject, sometime in the future.

Last edited by Malazek on Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:02 pm

Merrill wrote:OOC: With the components we found in the cavern and what she has here, can Merrill make some doses of bloodtar?
- OOC: Sure. I said earlier that your generic components could be used to make any one concoction; but I assume you want to make more than one application. In that case, let's say that each "dose" (after the first one) will cost around 7 coins to make. You will need access to an alchemy lab to synthesize the bloodtar (you might be able to borrow an alchemist's lab, in exchange for some skilled labor). At the end of the day, a skill roll will be needed to see if you successfully crafted the doses (you can roll all at once or one at a time, your choice).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:17 pm

Glitz wrote:"I would love to join you," she accepts the invitation, and begins to walk with the two sisters.

"Well, please join us." Iris invites the new trio. After a few moments, "How did you three come about to be here in Twin... in North Lawn? Ourselves, our family just moved from Zardes. Our father was a partner with a famous trading company before we relocated here. I apprenticed at the Temple there, and my lovely sister here," Iris looks lovingly at Jasmine, "apprenticed with the guard."

Malazek wrote:It's a short walk to the Apothecary. You find the place exactly as you left it. As soon as you enter, the old woman greets you, "back so soon? That sure was quick!"

"It feels like weeks with all that we have learned and seen. We found the ambush site where Jonrick's caravan was ambushed, and tracked it to the goblin caves. Recovered all but the Morbis Malum so he can at least start trading. Found at least one of each ingredient you were looking for," Iris states matter-of-factly as she hands over the supplies the apothecary asked for, "discovered that those goblins were showing signs of The Plague. We also found a warg. Thane is tending to him over at the stables if you would like to see him. Oh. And the robed figure, we did not find him but we have a lead on him." Iris looks pleased as she sums up the adventure. Looking around, she seems to remember that she has yet to make an introduction she promised when she spots Gemma at her side.

"I do not know if you have met yet, but as we returned to town, we spotted Jonrick talking with Gemma here in front of the inn. These are her sister and brother, Miriam and Brody."
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:32 pm

Taryk watches the interaction all around him, and seems bored.  He nods cheerfully to the newcomers, and says to all, "I'll be in the Boar when y'all are feeling thirsty!"  He turns and heads in, looking for a table large enough to accommodate those that join.
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:41 pm

Jasmine walks alongside the others, not-so-subtlely indicating a slight distrust of these three. "I don't suppose anyone asked Jonrick if we wanted to help fund our little adventure, eh? By my calculations, it'll cost us a pretty penny AND a good handful of days to get to Dockin." She exaggeratedly helps her sister limp along.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:44 pm

Gemma waves to the shopkeeper, and the two hooded figures nod. Once Iris starts talking to the shopkeeper again, Gemma will peruse the goods in the shop, and then wait by the door until the two sisters are ready to depart.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:45 pm

Iris wrote:Found at least one of each ingredient you were looking for," Iris states matter-of-factly as she hands over the supplies the apothecary asked for
- OOC: Wait, did you find any bloodleaf?

Iris (Adv 1 Pg 26) wrote:OOC: Oh, and to answer your earlier question, Mal, we are just missing Bloodleaf for the apothecary.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:12 am

Taryk wrote:Taryk watches the interaction all around him, and seems bored.  He nods cheerfully to the newcomers, and says to all, "I'll be in the Boar when y'all are feeling thirsty!"  He turns and heads in, looking for a table large enough to accommodate those that join.
Taryk enters the inn alone, for now.

The common room of the Broken Boar looks like that of many other inns. One large table dominates the center of the room, surrounded by smaller tables, each with a candle burning at the center. The bar itself stands at the far end of the room, with the kitchen behind it. A narrow stage sits to the right, currently unoccupied. Stairs leading up to the rooms stands to the left. The scent of ale mingles with the scents of roasting meat and body odor.

The common room isn't too crowded, but it isn't empty, either. A score of customers occupy the various tables, most of whom look to be regulars (and probably locals). A few are eating, a few are gambling, and all of them are drinking. Nobody, however, is sitting at the center table (which appears large enough for twelve people).

The barkeep is an elderly man with thick white mutton chops. The servers both look like they could be his children; one boy and one girl.

An easel stands near the entrance with a sign, displaying a menu of the inn's services and nightly specials.

• Private rooms (2 beds) for 3 coins per night
  • Stabling for 1 coin per night
  • Mug of ale, mead, or wine for 1 coin
  • Pitcher of ale, mead, or wine for 6 coins
  • Bath water for 1 coin
  • Luxury bath with hot water, soap, and towels for 2 coins
  • Porridge or baked beans for 1 coin
  • Soup or Stew for 2 coins
  • - Soup of the Day: Prok stew with taters and leaks
  • Daily special for 2 coins
  • - Tonight's special: baked bread, roasted pork with taters and carrots
  • Fresh feasts must be purchased a full day in advance
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:25 am

After Thane finishes at the stable he will wander over to the Broken Boar to look for the rest of the party.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:08 am

Merrill will give the shop keep her most winning smile. "ma'am, might you have some space I can work on my own concoctions? I'm willing to work for the opportunity."
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:24 pm

'Dioro' (presumably with Drakor) makes his way over towards the Tavern. On the way he looks for a well-dressed noble or wealthy looking 'type' and meanders over to them.

Pickpocket (to remain unnoticed): Stealth +2, Legerdemain +2

Last edited by 151prooftattoos on Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:24 pm

The member '151prooftattoos' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

#1 'd10' : 8

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 10

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:16 pm

Merrill wrote:Merrill will give the shop keep her most winning smile. "ma'am, might you have some space I can work on my own concoctions? I'm willing to work for the opportunity."
The old woman smiles. "I suppose that would be alright. Let me see. Would you mind mincing these and spreading them out to dry ... and ... then maybe grinding this into a fine powder? After that, I might need some help lifting the crock, but if you're willing to help me, then I see no reason you couldn't borrow my vessels to practice your own craft."

Dioro wrote:'Dioro' (presumably with Drakor) makes his way over towards the Tavern. On the way he looks for a well-dressed noble or wealthy looking 'type' and meanders over to them.

- Pickpocket: d10: 8, 10 (Stealth +2, Legerdemain +2) +2 for being masterfully disguised = 12, 14
This market doesn't seem like the type to be frequented by real nobles, but Dioro spots an affluent traveler perusing the local wares. She is accompanied by a single bodyguard. They both glance up, as Drakor and Dioro draw near, but pay little attention to Dioro. The guard, however, seems distracted by Drakor, casting a baleful glower in his direction. Taking advantage of the distraction, Felix is able to move in swiftly and snag the woman's coin purse.

The purse contains 4 coins.

Taryk wrote:Taryk watches the interaction all around him, and seems bored.  He nods cheerfully to the newcomers, and says to all, "I'll be in the Boar when y'all are feeling thirsty!"  He turns and heads in, looking for a table large enough to accommodate those that join.
Thane wrote:After Thane finishes at the stable he will wander over to the Broken Boar to look for the rest of the party.
Thane finds Taryk at the inn, already securing a large table.
- OOC: Scroll up to see a description of the inn.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:48 pm

GM wrote:This market doesn't seem like the type to be frequented by real nobles, but Dioro spots an affluent traveler perusing the local wares. She is accompanied by a single bodyguard. They both glance up, as Drakor and Dioro draw near, but pay little attention to Dioro. The guard, however, seems distracted by Drakor, casting a baleful glower in his direction. Taking advantage of the distraction, Felix is able to move in swiftly and snag the woman's coin purse.

The purse contains 4 coins.

As we walk off i quietly say.. "Nice snag Diorio.. I think we may have something here.. haha"

Roll (perception)to see if anyone saw that:
Roll (perception) to make sure i saw that:

OOC: lol 1 Sad

As Drakor looks around he trips over his own feet and falls to the ground... He promptly gets up and kicks a small rock or stick nearby cussing at it (as if it were to blame). "you.. #(*$*ing wench of a stick/rock!"

Last edited by Fu3l3dGam3r on Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:48 pm

The member 'Fu3l3dGam3r' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

#1 'd10' : 1

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 6

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next