Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

+6
Alpha Omega
151prooftattoos
Somnium
TheDeadWillWalk
Fu3l3dGam3r
Malazek
10 posters

Page 7 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 38  Next

Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 7 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:58 pm

Taryk stretches and makes his way down for the breakfast buffet.  "Ugh, so good sleeping in a bed again. Wait... I slept in a bed last night too... " He stares curiously and shakes his head. "I'll have the eggs, please, and some coffee.  Thanks, lass."  He sits down at the table.  "So, we heading back out then?"
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 7 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Malazek Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:22 am

Thane wrote:"I'll take whatever you got, I'm pretty sure he can carry all of it."
The butcher fills two heavy sacks with old meat and hands it to Thane.

Thane wrote:...After taking what the butcher is willing to part with...
"Here ya go, it's a little past date for humans but somehow I get the feeling you have a tougher stomach then I. Eat what you can, you can carry the rest..."
Bargundir wolfs down a full sack, barely pausing to breath. After a minute, he decides to save the other sack for later.

"Carry how?" he asks. "I have no thumbs."

Gemma wrote:After it seems that the majority of the party has arrived to eat breakfast, Gemma looks to Jonrick. "Any last words for us, before we depart?"
"Oh, uh, yes! Travel safely! Beware of bandits upon the road and pirates upon the sea! Welcome fellow travelers, but don't trust strangers! When we meet again, I should have some profits to share with you all."

Gemma wrote:She drums her fingers, anxious to be on the road.
Taryk wrote: "So, we heading back out then?"
- OOC: That seems to be the consensus. My next post will move the party away from Twin Towns and onto the long road ahead.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:31 am

Finally, after eating breakfast and taking care of all their shopping needs, the party begins the long journey toward Dockin. Since they have no horses or wagons to lead, they save time by cutting through the very same hills where Jonrick was ambushed. Fortunately, Bargundir is familiar with the area, allowing the party to follow the most direct trails toward the main road.

So far, the weather hasn't changed much since yesterday, but dark clouds overhead threaten to change that luck.

The hills are teaming with small game: rabbits, pheasants, squirrels, and the like. So, feeding the group, without resorting to rations, is easy enough.

- OOC: Between Jasmine and the warg, the party has "survival" covered.

Half a day into the journey, the party glimpses the Silver Sea, as they begin their descent from the high foothills. The sea is still many many miles off, but its shimmering waters are beautiful under the obscured afternoon sun. A few hours after that, the road to Zargos comes into distant view.

As the sun approaches the horizon and the shadows of the mountains stretch out over the land, the party finally reaches the road. Considering that nightfall is imminent, it would probably be wise to start looking for a place to set camp.

Before a decent campsite can be found, however, a large group of horsemen can be heard, riding up the road from the south (and heading north). From the looks of it, there seems to be nine of them; nine dark riders, travelling quickly.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:02 am

Gemma looks to the party members that are nearby. "Anyone expecting company?" She steps back, so that she is slightly obscured by her brother and sister.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:48 pm

"Not me..." Merrill will shift her stance to make sure her weapons are easily within reach
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:09 pm

"Nine horses..." Jasmine says out loud. "I think it's our lucky day."

She turns to the others, looking somewhat desperate. "Taryk, or Gemma, or Felix...anyone who is better than me at playing people...holler how you've lost your pig, or your baby, or whatever. The rest of us need to hide behind these trees and get ready to attack. Unless anyone has a better idea. But I am not letting these fellas pass us by. Plan B is for me to chase 'em down myself."
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:38 pm

@Jasmine: "Look, I'm full of lies, just not the right ones at the right time." He then dives into the bushes to secure himself a good spot.

OOC: Stealth +2
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:38 pm

The member 'TheDeadWillWalk' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 8

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:30 pm

Gemma runs a quick hand through her hair, ruffling it up. "I've got this," she declares to Jasmine. She directs Brody to hide in the bushes, and Miriam to lie down in the road. She begins to let out a series of sobs and shrieks. "My sister!" she wails, digging her hands into her hair. "Oh, my sister, Frances! Frances, please come back! Frances! Please, please, someone help me! Someone attacked her...no, no, no, Frances! Someone, please help!" She crouches over the 'body', sobbing loudly.

Persuasion (maybe?) +2
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:30 pm

The member 'Glitz' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 9

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:11 pm

"Bounty hunters?"

'Dioro' sits down on his backpack at the road's edge.

He says before the riders approach...

"I can mesmerize half of them before they even know what is going on... if, they meaneth evil. We can rush the others; I'm certain our Bowmistress sister here can snipeth one out from the bushes. Be thee careful not to touch the ones who stareth at me dazed. Or, mayhaps they are good and friendly?"

As Gemma sobs, 'Dioro' begins a slow sad ballad with the tiny guitar.

"Remember, please my new family, I am 'Dioro Evinrood'; Felix Broomhildakin is only knownst to thee."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:38 pm

"I'm not one for hiding or talking."

Thane will reinforce his skin with stone and prepare for whatever the riders bring, whether they're friend or foe.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:59 am

- OOC: Everyone but Drakor and Iris has posted, correct? I want to recap the set-up here ...

• Gemma and Miriam are in the road. Miriam is playing dead, while Gemma pleads for help.
  • Felix is not hiding, but is instead playing a tune.
  • Thane and Merrill did not hide, but instead prepared for battle?
  • I'll assume Jasmine is hiding, since that's what she suggested everyone else should do
  • Taryk and Brody are hiding. We'll assume Drakor and Iris did, as well?
  • Bargundir will hide, as well, sneaking away from the road and taking cover behind the trees.

- OOC: At any rate, it's been almost 24 hours, so I need to move things along ...
- OOC: The riders will definitely see Gemma, Miriam, Felix, Merrill, and Thane. The rest of you are hiding.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:19 am

The nine riders approach swiftly, closing in on the party. They are all wearing similar black cloaks, but are not otherwise dressed the same; nor are they equipped alike. Each has a variety of weapons, different from the rider beside him (or her). As they draw near, the lead riders holds up a clenched fist, signalling the others to stop. As they slow their horses, the riders spread out, forming a semicircle around the scene.

Confused by what's happening here, but moved by Gemma's pleas, the lead rider dismounts and approaches cautiously. "What is going on here? Ma'am, do you know these brigands? This better not be a trap."

The other riders remain on their horses, anxiously fondling their weapons. Although they carry a variety of such arms, their trepidation allows you to determine which weapons they will go for first. The two in the back are holding loaded crossbows; one of them has a wooden wand in hand. Among the others, you spot a net, a bola, a whip, and two maces. The dismounted leader has yet to place a hand anywhere near his weapons, but clearly has a pair of short-swords hanging from his belt.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:02 am

Drakor attempts to blend in with the surroundings as not to be seen by any of the approaching rider. He will also move to a flanking position.

Roll: stealth (+2): 10 + 2 = 12

Last edited by Fu3l3dGam3r on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:02 am

The member 'Fu3l3dGam3r' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 10

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:47 am

OOC: Sorry things happened so quickly while I was without decent internet.

Walking from the opposite direction as the riders, Iris is leaning heavily on her staff. "Spotting" the injured Miriam on the road, Iris will hurry over to Gemma's side. "Did you see what happened? Do you know this person?" Iris asks the usual questions, while struggling to kneel down and begin to inspect Miriam. Iris will ignore the riders until they impose themselves and make themselves known to her, or the party makes a move.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:13 am

Gemma will quiet down slightly. "I don't know what did this to her...she's my sister...help her, please!?" She looks at Iris, briefly glancing around and wondering if the rest of the party is going to seize the opportunity.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:46 am

Merrill will shrug, pull her bow, and shoot one of the men with a loaded crossbow twice.

OOC: Marksmanship +2, if surprise is in effect it does 9 damage on a hit. 6+2=8, 7+2=9
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:14 pm

Jasmine comes charging out, longsword and shield raised as she tries to pick off one of the figures with the crossbow as she sees Merrill raise to shoot her own.

OOC - Aiming for surprise, making an attack toward a ranged fighter if possible but if not, just whoever is closest.

"Who are you?" she shouts, "and why are you threatening these women?"
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:18 pm

Drakor wrote:Drakor attempts to blend in with the surroundings as not to be seen by any of the approaching rider. He will also move to a flanking position.
- Roll: stealth (+2): 10 + 2 = 12
Drakor easily slips into position behind the riders.

Iris wrote:Walking from the opposite direction as the riders, Iris is leaning heavily on her staff. "Spotting" the injured Miriam on the road, Iris will hurry over to Gemma's side. "Did you see what happened? Do you know this person?" Iris asks the usual questions, while struggling to kneel down and begin to inspect Miriam. Iris will ignore the riders until they impose themselves and make themselves known to her, or the party makes a move.
Gemma wrote:Gemma will quiet down slightly. "I don't know what did this to her...she's my sister...help her, please!?" She looks at Iris, briefly glancing around and wondering if the rest of the party is going to seize the opportunity.
The riders watch the exchange carefully, but still seem suspicious.

Merrill wrote:Merrill will shrug, pull her bow, and shoot one of the men with a loaded crossbow twice.
- OOC: Marksmanship +2, if surprise is in effect it does 9 damage on a hit. 6+2=8, 7+2=9
- OOC: For surprise attack to work, the target has to be unaware of your presence. Since Merrill didn't hide, they are aware of her. Nonetheless ...

Merrill's arrows strike the rider squarely, penetrating his quilted armor and drawing blood. The marksman reels back, almost falling from the saddle, but manages to get a grip on the pommel and straighten himself. He looks up and levels his crossbow, as the others began to draw their weapons. "You'll pay for that!"

- OOC: Initiative rolls, please!
- NPC initiatives will be ...

• 2x Crossbowmen: 7
  • 5x Manhunters: 3
  • Leader: 2
  • Caster: 1
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:27 pm

OOC: yeah I didn't think it would, but a girl can hope haha. I got a 2+1=3 for initiative.
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:29 pm

OOC: Initiative (Iris is kneeling next to Miriam and Gemma in the road).

*Edit* OOC: Since I'm at the top of the order, I will delay since, as a healer, (and that I'm playing the good samaritan) I can't really do anything.

Last edited by FutbolDude21586 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:29 pm

The member 'FutbolDude21586' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 7

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:39 pm

OOC - initiative (+2), attack.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 38 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 38  Next