Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Page 5 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Glitz on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:30 pm

Somnium wrote:"Gemma, do you want to share a room? I'm going to have an empty bed I think, so you might as well take it."

"That's very kind of you, but my brother, sister, and I have already secured lodging for the night, outside of the inn. They would never forgive me if I abandoned them, even for the night. Perhaps another time?" Gemma blushes slightly as she mentions the less-than-ideal 'lodging'.
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:57 pm

"I'm in the mood for a mead, please," Taryk tells the server. "And stew will be fine, darling."  He leans back in his chair, thankful to be off the road for a bit, and takes in the sights and sounds around him.
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Taryk wrote:"I'm in the mood for a mead, please," Taryk tells the server. "And stew will be fine, darling."  He leans back in his chair, thankful to be off the road for a bit, and takes in the sights and sounds around him.
"I'll bring that right over for you," she replies, with a smile. And a moment later, she does.
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:59 pm

"Not a problem Gemma, have a good night." She turns to the rest of the table, "Anyone else want to share a room then? I'm about ready to turn in"
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:49 pm

After Thane eats his meal he will get a room for the night. 

"Anyone have room? I'd be happy to split the bill."

Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:15 pm

Alpha Omega wrote:After Thane eats his meal he will get a room for the night. 

"Anyone have room? I'd be happy to split the bill."
"Perfect! I need a roommate for the night."
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:19 pm

"It appears the Bowmistress hath an extra bed, and myself hath two extra beds. Seems no one is out of a sleeping spot then?"

He stands. "Very good night then."

He heads to his room and dozes off... on the floor... on his bedroll.
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:10 am

Dioro wrote:"It appears the Bowmistress hath an extra bed, and myself hath two extra beds. Seems no one is out of a sleeping spot then?"
He stands. "Very good night then." He heads to his room and dozes off... on the floor... on his bedroll.
- OOC: In order to move things along, I'm going to assume that both Drakor and Taryk take-up Dioro on his offer.
- OOC: Everyone who purchased food, drink, lodging, or other accouterments, please remember to subtract the coins from your character sheet.
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:10 am

After a night of eating and drinking, the rest of the party heads up to their rooms (or stalls) and is ready for bed. Each of the rooms contains two small beds and a single night stand, being barely large enough for anything else. Nonetheless, the beds themselves are very comfortable and piled high with extra blankets and pillows. A single window allows you to stare at the side of the next building over.

The stable stall, on the other hand, is plenty spacious. Packed with old and new straw, though, it isn't very comfortable. As the Sable siblings bed down, Gemma noticed that the enormous wolf-like creature in the stall across from her is staring at them. "Terrific cloaks," the beast snickers, "I like that. I am Bargundir. Who are you?"

- OOC: Feel free to engage in idle chatter as your characters fall to sleep. After that, I will move the story along to the following morning.
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:32 am

Bargundir wrote:"Terrific cloaks," the beast snickers, "I like that. I am Bargundir. Who are you?"

"Bargundir, what a ferocious name. I am Gemma Sable, and these are my siblings, Miriam and Brody." Gemma motions to her siblings, who are crouched in the back corners of the stall. "What brings you to such...luxurious accommodations?" She lifts an eyebrow. "I certainly wouldn't expect to see a creature of such ferocity in a stable."
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:11 am

'Dioro' dozes off but awakes moments later and heads down to the stable area.

Upon seeing Bargundir and Gemma, he bows.

"Felt bad to knoweth you, and you; and, thou siblings stuck to a stable for rest, so I empathized and came forth to join thee."

He lays his bedroll next to the warg and puts his backpack at the foot. He lays down, props up his boots, and folds his arms behind his head.

"I likest to sleep on the floor anyhow; 'tis better on the back."
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:27 am

Gemma wrote:"Bargundir, what a ferocious name. I am Gemma Sable, and these are my siblings, Miriam and Brody." Gemma motions to her siblings, who are crouched in the back corners of the stall. "What brings you to such...luxurious accommodations?" She lifts an eyebrow. "I certainly wouldn't expect to see a creature of such ferocity in a stable."
"It's a pleasure to meet you," he says. "Luxurious? Hmm. I suspect they put me here as a test; to see if I would eat the horses. To be honest, I was tempted to." After a brief pause, he asks "will you be joining Thane and the others, as we track down Nalkor, the betrayer?"

Dioro wrote:'Dioro' dozes off but awakes moments later and heads down to the stable area. Upon seeing Bargundir and Gemma, he bows. "Felt bad to knoweth you, and you; and, thou siblings stuck to a stable for rest, so I empathized and came forth to join thee." He lays his bedroll next to the warg and puts his backpack at the foot. He lays down, props up his boots, and folds his arms behind his head. "I likest to sleep on the floor anyhow; 'tis better on the back."
The warg eyes Dioro for a moment. "You're not worried that I might eat you in the night?"
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:50 pm

"Worried? Hah, Your Ferociousness... why wouldst thou chomp on skin and bone? I'd wager on thou eating the horses before myself, horses are stock full of meat."
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:14 pm

Dioro wrote:"Worried? Hah, Your Ferociousness... why wouldst thou chomp on skin and bone? I'd wager on thou eating the horses before myself, horses are stock full of meat."
"True enough," the warg says, glancing toward the horses. Turning back, he lays his head upon the ground and closes his eyes. "Goodnight," he mutters.
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:40 pm

Felix/Diorio/Felorio wrote:"Felt bad to knoweth you, and you; and, thou siblings stuck to a stable for rest, so I empathized and came forth to join thee."

"I likest to sleep on the floor anyhow; 'tis better on the back."

"Well, Felorio, we do appreciate the company! It is very nice to meet you. Your music was lovely," Gemma offers as 'Felorio' joins the group in the stable.

Bargundir wrote:"Will you be joining Thane and the others, as we track down Nalkor, the betrayer?"

"Aye, we will. Nalkor killed our parents, so we must return the favor. Are you traveling with the party, as well?"
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:19 pm

Gemma wrote:"Aye, we will. Nalkor killed our parents, so we must return the favor. Are you traveling with the party, as well?"
Bargundir raises his head. "He did? Well, that's ironic ... and yes, I shall be joining you, at least for the time being."
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:29 pm

"Excellent. I am sure we will become fast friends. But for now, I will let you rest."

Gemma wriggles further down into her bedroll and closes her eyes, waiting for the morning.
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r on Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:07 pm

Drakor makes his way to the room and crashes for the night.
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:54 pm

Jasmine stumbles out of the dining area, having paid for her 5 ale and a 2 coin tip. Extravagant, but she loves her drink. She has not gone upstairs yet when she decides to sneak out toward the stables, seeing if she can catch the strange new family up to anything. She walks right up to the secured side door though and "BAM" walks into it before she can even slow down or try to peep.

"Oh, hullo," she says awkwardly. "Just checkin' on how the night goes, out here, and oh I see the slide goes up for this damn door." She slides the door open.
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:47 pm

Glitz
"Well, Felorio, we do appreciate the company! It is very nice to meet you. Your music was lovely," Gemma offers as 'Felorio' joins the group in the stable.
"Aye, we will. Nalkor killed our parents, so we must return the favor."
"Sorry to heareth that Your Grace. And I beg your pardon, but my name is 'Dioro'. A pleasure."
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am

Jasmine scans the room, warily resting her eyes on the bloodthirsty creature within. "Right, so, I think I've had enough in there--forgot to eat, actually--but unless anyone else wants to make some more 'merry,' I suppose I should head back up with my sister."

She begins to back out from whence she came.
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:48 am

Looks up when she enters the room.

"Ahh yes, Your Grace... Drinketh on empty stomach will definitely do thou in. Wouldst thou care to calm thy nerves with herb?"

'Dioro' lights up his pipe (same as before).
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz on Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:54 am

Diorio wrote:"Sorry to heareth that Your Grace. And I beg your pardon, but my name is 'Dioro'. A pleasure."

"My apologies, but we were never formally introduced. I was just going by what I heard other people call you. It is a pleasure to meet you, Dioro."

Gemma smiles and waves politely as Jasmine 'thunks' into the door. "Did you win your game, Jasmine? Thanks for coming to check on us." She then looks over at Dioro slyly. "She almost broke the door coming to check on us, did you see? But she probably didn't mean to do it that hard, though." 

Looking back to Jasmine, Gemma pats the empty straw beside her. "You're welcome to claim a bit of the stall for your own. I don't think Bargundir is going to bother any of us; he's been lovely company so far. Plus, I hear that sleeping on the floor is wonderful for your back."

Jasmine wrote:"Right, so, I think I've had enough in there--forgot to eat, actually--but unless anyone else wants to make some more 'merry,' I suppose I should head back up with my sister."

"Well, I was just getting ready to turn in for the night. Early morning, and all. I hope you get some rest, Jasmine."
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:32 am

Jasmine politely imbibes a few tokes of the pipeweed offered by "Diorio." "Aw, that should hit the belly. Feels better already." She laughs at Gemma's use of the "magic phrase," and looks fairly longingly at the patch of straw offered up. "Oh, I'm sure I'd enjoy an eve down here with you all, but I'd best head back to Iris so she has no need to worry. If I don't return she'll be assured I'm blitzed drunk and crawling the streets looking to be a vigilante, or in the bar starting a fight with some matron lookin' to lose a teat, or down in the stables bothering the rest of you." She winks, and gets up to head back to the door. Though a bit wobbly, she manages both not to run into it and to close it securely. "Good night, good times, good friends!" you can hear her say as she walks away.
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:58 am

Eventually, each of you drift off to sleep and rest peacefully through the night. When morning comes, you awake gently to the warm glow of sunlight, streaming in through the window (or the stable door). 

- OOC: It's morning.
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next