Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  TheDeadWillWalk on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:31 pm

"Alright, friends. Let's see if the shaman had any hidden goodies. Why don't y'all back on out so I got room to conduct a thorough search."

He turns to Jasmine and smirks, "You're welcome to stay if ya don't trust me."
avatar
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79
Join date : 2016-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  151prooftattoos on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:33 pm

"By all means, Good Sir," Felix says while looking at the rat with a sneer. "Cursed plague almost foundeth an host as an escape route, excellent reaction my exceedingly large friend."

Felix manuevers to the back and then stands up. He looks to Merrill and says, "Sadly, it needeth be dispatched. Wouldn't you agree Your Bowmistress?"


He strokes his beard, "And forgiveth my thought process, but, ...um... slight possibility... rat consumeth and hath something valuable in its belly? From witchdoctor's chambers... or, is that going too far?"

He smiles.

"I've known persons to smuggle black market goods that way, is all I mean."
avatar
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Somnium on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:39 pm

"No reason to let the vermin live. I don't think that anything it ate would be usable, but you can go ahead and check." She pulls a knife and tosses it hilt first to Felix
avatar
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-03-14

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  151prooftattoos on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:50 pm

Felix snatches the knife out of the air and makes his way toward the rat.

(Legerdemain +2)

With the knife and a blow dart, he will dispose of and open the rat's stomach to see if anything is inside. (Being slow and super careful - not to touch, or get any fluids/blood on him.)

(Legerdemain +2)
avatar
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:50 pm

The member '151prooftattoos' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


#1 'd10' : 1

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 5

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  151prooftattoos on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:51 pm

-OOC: Luck, re-rolling the 1
avatar
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:51 pm

The member '151prooftattoos' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 9

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:50 pm

Felix wrote:Felix snatches the knife out of the air and makes his way toward the rat. With the knife and a blow dart, he will dispose of and open the rat's stomach to see if anything is inside ...
The rat wriggles and writhes in its stony prison. As Felix approaches it with his sharp implements, the rat's squeals become frantic, taking on an almost unearthly quality. Then, surprisingly, the rat combusts into flame! Within the conflagration, however, the rat does not seem to be harmed!


- OOC: Does Felix try to cut it, anyway?
- OOC: After Felix's action, Thane will need to make another Spellcraft roll to keep the rat imprisoned (TN of only 3, so don't roll a Natural 1).
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  151prooftattoos on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:58 pm

Felix quickly tosses the knife back to Merrill, then loads/fires a blowdart at the familiar.


Last edited by 151prooftattoos on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:58 pm

The member '151prooftattoos' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 6

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:59 pm

Taryk wrote:"Alright, friends. Let's see if the shaman had any hidden goodies. Why don't y'all back on out so I got room to conduct a thorough search."
He turns to Jasmine and smirks, "You're welcome to stay if ya don't trust me."

Jasmine wrote:"As far as I can tell this isn't a plague-hovel...I think we should toss the room." Jasmine begins looking through everything, if for nothing else then to find Iris some more components if possible.

Among the shaman's many oddities, Taryk and Jasmine find the following: a pickled head, a jar of eye balls, a five more clay pots filled with alchemical reagents, a wooden box filled with empty glass vials, three scrolls decorated with mystic runes, and a silvered dagger of remarkable craftsmanship.

They find nothing unusual in the hammock; nor do they discover any secret doors or hidden passageways.


Last edited by Malazek on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:02 pm

Felix wrote:Felix quickly tosses the knife back to Merrill, then loads/fires a blowdart at the familiar.
- d10 : 6
The dart penetrates the fire and impales itself deeply in the rat's flesh, but does not kill it. The rat continues to squirm ...

- OOC: We should wait for Thane's roll before continuing ...
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  TheDeadWillWalk on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:20 pm

"Okay!" Tarik remarks. "Let's get this stuff in the wheelbarrow and move on. I'm totally okay with not taking the head and eyeballs, what'd'ya say? Unless you know a good recipe." Taryk begins placing all the items in the wheelbarrow.
avatar
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79
Join date : 2016-03-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Alpha Omega on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:02 am

Thane will constrict the earth around the rat. 

Spellcraft Roll +3

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:02 am

The member 'Alpha Omega' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 4

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:36 am

Thane wrote:Thane will constrict the earth around the rat. 
Spellcraft Roll +3
Despite its best efforts, the rat remains trapped. It squeals in agony as its rocky prison tightens, crushing it bones and forcing the air from it's lungs. Yet, the fire continues to burn ... and the dart remains lodged in it's side. Gradually, the bestial cries begin to sound like words. "SQUEEE! SQUEEeed. Squeed'ens DisSquee Selunt" A ball of fire leaps from the rats outstretched paw and races directly toward Felix!

- OOC: I need a defense roll from Felix (TN 8). If it hits, Felix will suffer 5 points of fire damage ... and the flames will detonate, filling the hall with flame. If Felix gets hit, everyone but Jasmine and Taryk will also need to make a defense roll (same TN) or suffer the same damage!
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  151prooftattoos on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:38 am

Roll...
avatar
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:38 am

The member '151prooftattoos' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 3

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  151prooftattoos on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:39 am

-OOC: Luck, Re-roll...
avatar
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:39 am

The member '151prooftattoos' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 3

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  151prooftattoos on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:40 am

-OOC: Bleh, lol!
avatar
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:55 am

Game Master wrote:A ball of fire leaps from the rats outstretched paw and races directly toward Felix!

- OOC: I need a defense roll from Felix (TN 8). If it hits, Felix will suffer 5 points of fire damage ... and the flames will detonate, filling the hall with flame. If Felix gets hit, everyone but Jasmine and Taryk will also need to make a defense roll (same TN) or suffer the same damage!
Felix wrote:- Roll: d10 : 3
- Luck, Re-roll: d10 : 3
The ball of fire strikes Felix squarely in the chest, before "exploding" into the hallway and threatening the entire party with severe burns!

- OOC: Okay, I will need those defense rolls from everyone else (except Jasmine and Taryk)! If you roll a 7 or less, you suffer 5 points of fire damage (but remember to subtract your armor).

- OOC: Drakor is w/o internet, so I will post a roll for him: 9+2+1+1=13. Drakor does not suffer any damage!
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Somnium on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:06 am

OOC: 4+3 defense roll, takes 5-2=3 damage.

Merrill tries to move out of the way of the fire, but is distracted by putting her knife away. She cries out as he blast hits her
avatar
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-03-14

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:24 am

Malazek wrote:...five more clay pots filled with alchemical reagents ... three scrolls decorated with mystic runes, and a silvered dagger of remarkable craftsmanship.

OOC: Were they able to tell what exactly the reagents were? Like Bloodleaf, Witch Moss or Norgan's Stool? Razz

Malazek wrote:
Felix wrote:- Roll: d10 : 3
- Luck, Re-roll: d10 : 3
The ball of fire strikes Felix squarely in the chest, before "exploding" into the hallway and threatening the entire party with severe burns!

- OOC: Okay, I will need those defense rolls from everyone else (except Jasmine and Taryk)! If you roll a 7 or less, you suffer 5 points of fire damage (but remember to subtract your armor).

OOC: Defense roll: +2, padded armor, so -2 damage (if I'm wrong, correct me!).
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:24 am

The member 'FutbolDude21586' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 7

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum