Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Page 24 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:05 pm

The member 'Alpha Omega' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 2

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:10 pm

Thane wrote:Thane will try and read the symbols
- d10 : 2 (Spellcraft +2) = 4

"So now what?"
Thane comes to the same conclusions as Felix: that is, these are not merely letters and probably weren't used to spell-out actual words.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:29 am

Iris walks up to one of the walls and intently looks at the markings.

OOC: Not sure if Lore or Spellcraft or if Iris has any skills to help with the roll so just a plain roll.
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:29 am

The member 'FutbolDude21586' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 1

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  151prooftattoos on Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:39 am

Pointing at Taryk, Felix whistles a deep slow tune. ~Bardic Song: Inspirational Themes~


Giving Taryk a +2 to next action.

In a deep scratchy voice:

"Goblin down, Goblin frown..."
"Goblins there, and all around!"
"Goblin goons, the deepest tunes..."
"Good Sir, explain o' Bloody Runes."


"Trail of book, Nalkor took..."

"Let us find each place to look."
"Plague or Spell, who can tell?"
"May evil find its way to Hell."
avatar
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:25 am

Iris wrote:Iris walks up to one of the walls and intently looks at the markings.
- d10 : 1 (+2 Spellcraft +2 Wisdom) = 5
Felix wrote:Giving Taryk a +2 to next action.
Taryk wrote:I'll take a look
- GM Edit: d10 : 6 (+2 Spellcraft +2 from Felix) = 10
Both Taryk and Iris notice that these primitive symbols are in many ways similar to the arcane symbols that appear in old spell books. Perhaps this room is where the goblin shaman learned his dark magicks? It is unlikely that he studied under ol' Nelkor (who would have had access to such books), but he must have had a mentor of some sort. Taryk thinks the shaman's mentor must have been an evil entity of some kind, like a minor demon or an unseelie fae, perhaps.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:49 pm

Malazek wrote:Both Taryk and Iris notice that these primitive symbols are in many ways similar to the arcane symbols that appear in old spell books. Perhaps this room is where the goblin shaman learned his dark magicks? It is unlikely that he studied under ol' Nelkor (who would have had access to such books), but he must have had a mentor of some sort. Taryk thinks the shaman's mentor must have been an evil entity of some kind, like a minor demon or an unseelie fae, perhaps.

Seeing a look of recognition on Taryk's face, Iris turns to him. "The symbols, they look like Ancient, don't they? I wonder if that Shaman wrote them or if they have been here much longer and someone or something else was teaching him its magic." Iris muses.
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:12 pm

"So...so what does that all mean?" Jasmine asks confusedly. She drops her shoulders. "I sure can't wait to meet up with some dark magic goblin casters. Why people can't just fight honorably, sword-to-sword, I'll never under-" Her eyes meet those around the room who have a touch of magic in them, and she quickly drops the one-sided conversation.
avatar
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157
Join date : 2016-04-02
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:19 pm

After studying the bloody symbols for a short while, the party is finally ready to move on. Squeezing into the narrow passage, they descend further into the depths of the earth. (The passage is especially tight for Thane, who almost gets stuck trying to fit through). In single file, the party advances slowly forward

After a few yards, the sloped passage turns sharply to the right. When Taryk and Jasmine round that corner, a tiny light comes into view. It seems a small room lie ahead. When Taryk and Jasmine finally reach it, there is little room left for anybody else. (Everybody else is still in the hallway).

The floor, walls, and ceiling of this tiny room are comprised of split-timber, hammered forcefully into the earth. Vertical beams of wood stand in two of the corners, supporting a flimsy hammock that hangs across the center of the room. A rickety wooden shelf stands in the far corner, piled high with oddities: clay pots, glass jars, old scrolls, and a tiny wooden box. Without getting any closer, they can already see that one of the jars contains a pickled human head; the other is filled with eyeballs.

A lone rat scurries from the room, trying to get by all the adventurers in the tunnel.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:01 pm

Before leaving the Shamans room, Iris copies down some of the writings on the wall and places the notes into her pack. Looking away, "For later study, to see what exactly he knew and possibly, how he learned it."
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Alpha Omega on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:48 pm

...looking as if he is very claustrophobic...

"I'm afraid if we quit moving I'll lose my momentum and get stuck, what do you see ahead?"

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  151prooftattoos on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:36 am

Felix gets on all fours and scurries his small self in between and around the others' legs until he can pop his head out and have a look into the room. (Nimble/Athletics).

"Alas! I spaketh it! Demon-worshipping witchdoctor... we didst thine world a favor."
avatar
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:07 am

Felix wrote:Felix gets on all fours and scurries his small self in between and around the others' legs
The rat hesitates, when it sees Felix crawling toward him, but eventually darts past the minstrel, on its way out.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Alpha Omega on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:50 am

OOC: If Thane sees the rat and is able to attack it, he will.

Spellcraft (Earth Magic) +3 to snare the rat

- GM EDit: d10 : 7 (+3) = 10

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:02 am

Thane wrote:Thane sees the rat and is able to attack it
- d10 : 7 (Spellcraft (Earth Magic) +3) = 10 to snare the rat
The rat squeals in abject terror, as the surrounding stone reaches out and grabs the tiny creature, halting its escape. SQUEE! SQUEE!
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:21 pm

"Ick," Jasmine says, keeping her eyes peeled while looking for any indication of the room's former occupants. She takes a moment to look closely and see if she can smell, sense, or otherwise note any signs of the plague.

OOC: investigation

 GM EDit: d10 : 10 (+2) = 12
avatar
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157
Join date : 2016-04-02
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Somnium on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:24 pm

Merrill pokes at the jars with her bow. "Ugh. I wish we could burn this cave down"
avatar
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-03-14

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:27 pm

Jasmine wrote:"Ick," Jasmine says, keeping her eyes peeled while looking for any indication of the room's former occupants. She takes a moment to look closely and see if she can smell, sense, or otherwise note any signs of the plague.

OOC: investigation = 12
Jasmine does not see any goblins in the tiny room, hidden or otherwise. The shaman probably slept here, alone and away from the others. She does notice a number of itty-bitty bugs crawling on objects, all over the room. Although the room smells like sweat and mildew, it does smell "slightly" better than the other rooms where you encountered goblins.


Last edited by Malazek on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:32 pm

Merrill wrote:Merrill pokes at the jars with her bow. "Ugh. I wish we could burn this cave down"
After squeezing to the front of the line, Merrill finds the tiny room to be really crowded. Prodding the jars causes the rickety little shelf to wobble, throwing one of the clay pots to the ground, where it shatters into a dozen pieces. Lying among the earthen shards, the pot's blue-green contents looks to have been some kind of moss.

The three of you are now bumping into one another, as you attempt to navigate the tiny space. One of you almost steps on Felix, who is still on all fours with only his head poking into the room.


Last edited by Malazek on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Somnium on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:34 pm

OOC: can I roll alchemist to identify it? If yes I got a 4+2
avatar
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-03-14

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:36 pm

Merrill wrote:OOC: can I roll alchemist to identify it? If yes I got a 4+2
It looks like Witch Moss, which is known to grow on exposed roots along mountain streams. It is a useful ingredient to both alchemists and apothecaries. In fact, you seem to remember that Iris was looking for some.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Somnium on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:44 pm

"I think this is on your list Iris," Merrill says as she scoops it up and squeezes back out.
avatar
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140
Join date : 2016-03-14

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:59 pm

"As far as I can tell this isn't a plague-hovel...I think we should toss the room." Jasmine begins looking through everything, if for nothing else then to find Iris some more components if possible.

OOC: investigate
avatar
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157
Join date : 2016-04-02
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:59 pm

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!


'd10' : 7

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Posts : 218
Join date : 2009-08-16

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:18 pm

Somnium wrote:"I think this is on your list Iris," Merrill says as she scoops it up and squeezes back out.

Taking the Witch Moss from Merrill, Iris tucks it away into her satchel. "Thank you very much! The apothecary in town is looking for this."
avatar
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139
Join date : 2016-03-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 27 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum