Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future

Post  Glitz on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:47 pm

Elodie will take some time to get cleaned up. "A rest would be good. We can head back out in the morning, and maybe look for another dragon?"
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future

Post  Alpha Omega on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:10 pm

"Sure, although we could also check to see what this lamp is all about as well. Either way is fine by me..."

Later in the evening, Jeremiah will show Miph around the Arx giving him the proper tour. He will also ask him more about the Dragon Orbs and their purpose...

Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:46 am

Jeremiah wrote:h he will clean himself and his gear up and see if the party wants to rest before continuing their journey.
Elodie wrote:Elodie will take some time to get cleaned up. "A rest would be good. We can head back out in the morning, and maybe look for another dragon?"
Jeremiah wrote:"Sure, although we could also check to see what this lamp is all about as well. Either way is fine by me..."
"Let's do all those things," Gumphrey suggests, "we can rest and get cleaned up, test out the lamp, search for another dragon to take treasure from."
Talmut adds, "Yes, but we shouldn't dally. Once the dragons realize one of their own is dead, they will be all the more cautious."

Jeremiah wrote:Later in the evening, Jeremiah will show Miph around the Arx giving him the proper tour. He will also ask him more about the Dragon Orbs and their purpose...
"As far as I can tell," Miphelgara says, "each contains the soul of a dragon, which allows the bearer of the orb to dominate and control certain kinds of dragons. When Odbart had one, I was powerless to resist his commands. And it seemed like his skin was tougher, almost like dragon scales, and he was impervious to my breath weapons (he made me test them on him). Sometimes, he would use the orb to communicate with the bearers of other orbs, and I think he was able to scry with it, too."

Miphelgara continues. "As to their purpose? I would guess they were made to raise and direct an army of dragons. That's what worries me, actually. We have long suspected that someone is controlling these dragons, but to what end? Are they planning to destroy the Realms, eventually?"
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:02 am

Miph wrote:Sometimes, he would use the orb to communicate with the bearers of other orbs, and I think he was able to scry with it, too."

"I wonder if we could use it to scry on the other Orb bearers, or would that give them the opportunity to discover us I wonder. Regardless, I do not want anyone to know of our possession of it nor of the Arx's location."

Talmut wrote:"Yes, but we shouldn't dally. Once the dragons realize one of their own is dead, they will be all the more cautious."

"So the question becomes, do we think the lamp could potentially give us assistance in this dragon quest or will it just hinder our advancement. Anyone else have thoughts on this? "

Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz on Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:08 pm

"Using the orb makes dragons hate you, though, right? And I feel like that might cause problems, if Miphelgara is going to be travelling with us in the future. I am not sure if the lamp will help us, but I am all for finding out!"
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega on Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:18 pm

Elodie wrote:"Using the orb makes dragons hate you, though, right? And I feel like that might cause problems, if Miphelgara is going to be travelling with us in the future.

OOC: This is in response to a conversation had later in the evening when Jeremiah was giving Miph a tour around the Arx. It happens at a different time of the conversation had about the lamp. It got confusing for a second because a few posts ago I stated conversations I would have in the present, then later in the night. I assumed it was just me and Miph walking around the Arx in the evening. Sorry about the confusion... But your comment is duly noted, I have an idea for using the orb with out it affecting Miph's perception of us.

Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:39 am

Jeremiah wrote:"So the question becomes, do we think the lamp could potentially give us assistance in this dragon quest or will it just hinder our advancement. Anyone else have thoughts on this? "
"The lamps from my homeland contain strange and powerful beings," Talmut says. "Some will even grant wishes. It is possible that such a being could be entreated to help us and a wish is no small thing, but some of those beings are malevolent and may look to subvert our desires."

"But not all of them, right?" Gumphrey says. "Some are .. bena .. belev .. um, good? I say it's worth a shot."
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:06 pm

OOC: Are you going to give the lamp a rub, then?
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega on Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:58 pm

Yes, after everyone is rested and ready to go Jeremiah will rub the lamp.

Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:33 pm

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will rub the lamp.
A stream of air bursts from the lamp and swirls around the room, growing into a miniature whirlwind until it finally takes shape as a massive greenish-blue being with a flowing white beard. Dressed in rich fabrics and gaudy jewels, the creature appears vaguely humanoid, except that its body trails off into a puff of smoke where legs should be. Gigantic curved blades hang from its belt. Twice as tall as a normal human being, it glares down at you as it says "Yet another new master? I am at your service, then, for 1001 days or until three wishes have been fulfilled. Bear in mind that I do this for honor, so do not offend me if you value my service. Now then, what can I do for you, my master?"
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:54 pm

"Wishes you say? What are the limitations of these wishes you speak of?"

Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:41 pm

"You could wish to undo a powerful affliction or malady; you could wish to transport your companions to anywhere else, on this plane or another. You could undo recent events or bring someone back from the dead. You could wish for magicks so powerful that mortal casters would quake at the sight of them. You could even enhance your body, mind, or soul. My power does have limits, of course, but those limits are lofty."

- OOC: The wishes function just like the Wish spell.
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:09 pm

"Interesting, let me discuss some things with my friends before I make any decisions."

looking to the others...

"Well what do you guys think?"

Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:36 am

"We could wish for treasure!" Gumphrey suggests.

"Or we could save the wishes," Miphelgara suggests, "to resurrect any good dragons we are forced to slay."

Talmut tugs at his beard. "Perhaps we could wish for knowledge; how to destroy the orbs, for example."
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:56 pm

"Talmut, is it possible with your magics to resurrect dragons without wishes? Maybe we can do both.. Or maybe we can wish for the reason or insight into this devious plot. Elodie what are your thoughts?"

Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz on Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:07 pm

"Knowing more about the orbs could help us overcome the evil in this valley... but destroying the orbs with a wish might solve the problem altogether."
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:56 pm

"I'm not sure the orbs can be destroyed in such a manor, Talmut do you think this is possible?"

Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:44 am

Jeremiah wrote:"Talmut, is it possible with your magics to resurrect dragons without wishes? Maybe we can do both.. 
"It is not. Such things are beyond my power, though Elodie is capable of reincarnating them."

Jeremiah wrote:"Or maybe we can wish for the reason or insight into this devious plot."
"That is certainly feasible and very well could prove beneficial."

Jeremiah wrote:"Elodie what are your thoughts?"
Elodie wrote:"Knowing more about the orbs could help us overcome the evil in this valley... but destroying the orbs with a wish might solve the problem altogether."
Jeremiah wrote:"I'm not sure the orbs can be destroyed in such a manner, Talmut do you think this is possible?"
"The power of the orbs is immeasurable. It is unlikely that one could be permanently destroyed by a wish, even a wish granted by such a magnificent and noble genie. We could try, of course, but I worry that such a measure would be temporary at best."

"Does that mean the orbs can never be gotten rid of?"

"According to the myths, one of the orbs has been destroyed. So, in theory, it is possible. Maybe a wish is how it was done, but I suspect the means of undoing the orbs is somehow related to how they were created. Unfortunately, no record of their creation exists."

"Could we wish to know how to destroy them?"

"Hmm. I suppose we could."
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz on Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:57 pm

"Wishing to know how we could destroy them...or wishing to know how they were made...both of those pieces of information could be useful. Do we have to use all three of our wishes at one time, or can we use one wish and wait for a bit?"
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:02 pm

Elodie wrote:"Wishing to know how we could destroy them...or wishing to know how they were made...both of those pieces of information could be useful. Do we have to use all three of our wishes at one time, or can we use one wish and wait for a bit?"
Talmut answers, "He promised us his service until 1001 days have passed or until three wishes have been granted, whichever comes first. So, I don't believe all of the wishes have to be made at once."
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:27 pm

" I say we should only make one wish for now as well, we just need to determine what is the best wish to make first. Knowing how to destroy the orbs would be good but it doesn't necessarily help us get anymore. We may even learn ourselves as we go farther down this rabbit hole on what is needed to destroy these orbs. We need to wish for something that helps us figure out our next big move. Certainly picking the dragons off one at a time could make a difference, but its only a matter of time before they adjust their strategy. I think we need to figure out the who, what, when, where and why of the plan behind these dragons. If we could construct a wish that would give us all of that information, I think, that would be our best bet. I am open for more suggestions as well though..."

Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:53 am

Jeremiah wrote:"... We need to wish for something that helps us figure out our next big move. Certainly picking the dragons off one at a time could make a difference, but its only a matter of time before they adjust their strategy. I think we need to figure out the who, what, when, where and why of the plan behind these dragons. If we could construct a wish that would give us all of that information, I think, that would be our best bet. I am open for more suggestions as well though..."
Talmut suggests, "Such as wish shouldn't be too difficult to construct. We would just wish to receive legendary visions about whoever is dominating these dragons. Such visions are powerful, and sometimes draining, but I fear the information would be vague at best."

OOC: He is suggesting using the wish to replicate the Vision spell.
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:18 pm

"I fear that a vague vision may be a waste of a wish, but if you and Talmut feel that you can word a wish in such a way to get all of that information, then that's fine with me."
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:04 pm

"Well maybe we can not wish for as many details, how about trying something more specific? Like who controls the red dragons orb and where they are located?"

Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:11 pm

Jeremiah wrote:"Well maybe we can not wish for as many details, how about trying something more specific? Like who controls the red dragons orb and where they are located?"
"That should work."
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top