Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Alpha Omega on Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:22 am

Jeremiah assures Miphelgara that as long as he is traveling with them he will get a vote.


"Well Elodie, shall we take the lamp? Any final objections?"

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Glitz on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:10 am

"No, let's take it!" she cackles, excitedly. "Who knows what's in it?"
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Alpha Omega on Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:46 pm

Jeremiah will grab the lamp and leave the vault with the party in tow.

"We have made our selection."

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Malazek on Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:48 pm

"Very well," the Prince says. His advisers looked very concerned about your choice; some throw up their hands, others put their faces in their lamps, and other try again to dissuade the prince from letting you take "this" particular trophy. The prince, however, will hear none of it. "Nonsense. Captain Jeremiah has earned this trophy and his choice has been made. I will hear no more of it." Then, he turns to you and says "Let us prepare for tonight's raid."
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Glitz on Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:24 am

Elodie says, "As much as I love the new armor that the palace has provided for me, I think I'd like to change into my other gear, which will be better for sneaking up on the enemy. Also, this new armor is a bit heavy!" She turns to Phaastia. "Would you like to go with us? What can I do to help you prepare?"
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Alpha Omega on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:13 am

Jeremiah changed his armor after the discussion with Miphelgara earlier, so he is ready to go.

"I'm ready when ever you guys are."

Pulling Miphelgara to the side


"Is there something you would require for this raid? Or would you like to sit this out? We can always tell the prince your not feeling well...."

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Malazek on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:20 am

Elodie wrote:Elodie says, "As much as I love the new armor that the palace has provided for me, I think I'd like to change into my other gear, which will be better for sneaking up on the enemy. Also, this new armor is a bit heavy!"
"I assumed as much," says the Prince. "We have time."
Elodie wrote:She turns to Phaastia. "Would you like to go with us? What can I do to help you prepare?"
I will stay by your side, but now that I've eaten, I need nothing else to prepare.
Jeremiah wrote:Pulling Miphelgara to the side, "Is there something you would require for this raid? Or would you like to sit this out? We can always tell the prince your not feeling well...."
Miphelgara replies, "I don't possess Talmut's mastery of magic, but maybe I can 'cast a spell' to turn myself into a dragon." He winks. "I would hate to abandon you ... or appear weak before the Prince."
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Malazek on Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:52 pm

OOC: I will be driving most of the day tomorrow and MIGHT not get a chance to post.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Glitz on Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:13 pm

"Where shall we meet you after we've prepared, Prince?" Elodie asks, once she has acknowledged Phaastia's statement.

If the Prince sets a meeting place and time, Elodie will then ask for a private area to change in, and then head to the designated spot.
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Malazek on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:52 am

Elodie wrote:"Where shall we meet you after we've prepared, Prince?" Elodie asks, once she has acknowledged Phaastia's statement. If the Prince sets a meeting place and time, Elodie will then ask for a private area to change in, and then head to the designated spot.
"By the stables, of course."

The prince then has one of his servants leads Elodie to the "wardrobe" (the room where the prince stores all of his clothes).
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Malazek on Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:54 am

A short while later, the prince arrives at the stables with a retinue of lightly-armored soldiers.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Alpha Omega on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:51 am

Jeremiah will get on his mount and prepare for the evening raid.

"I'm ready when you guys are. If possible when we get closer to the location I would like to prep a few things before combat."

OOC: Sorry about the delay in posting, my schedule is back to normal now.

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Glitz on Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:10 pm

Elodie, Egan, and Phaastia are ready to go.
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Malazek on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:10 pm

Dungeon Master wrote:A short while later, the prince arrives at the stables with a retinue of lightly-armored soldiers.
Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will get on his mount and prepare for the evening raid. "I'm ready when you guys are. If possible when we get closer to the location I would like to prep a few things before combat."
Elodie wrote:Elodie, Egan, and Phaastia are ready to go.
A little while later, the Band of Four heads out with the Prince and his retinue, just as the sun is starting to set. A hundred of the Prince's best men ride with you, including a few of the knights and clerics you saw before, but mostly consisting scouts, berserkers, and raiders. The ride itself takes a couple of hours, so that by the time dusk is settling around you, the Prince raises a gauntlet hand and stops the the ride. A lonely keep sits on a nearby hill, basking in the moonlight.

The other riders begin to dismount, as the Prince approaches you. "We go on foot, from here," he says. "You ready?"

Assuming the affirmative, he continues. "We'll approach from the west, hiding in the moon-shadow as get nearer to the keep. When we arrive, my spies will open the gate and we'll begin the raid. Any questions?"
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Glitz on Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:52 pm

Elodie dismounts as well, whispering to Egan, "If things go badly, head back to the camp. I'll try to meet you there." She pats him and then joins the Prince, ready to sneak up to the keep.

Stealth +24
Perception +24, are there any guards, traps, etc. waiting for the party?
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Alpha Omega on Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:18 pm

Jeremiah will cast casts grace, owls wisdom and bears endurance (dex +4, wis +4 & con +4)...


Perception: +30 (Favored Terrain) (If opponents are a favored enemy this bonus will be higher)

Stealth: +28 (Camouflage & Favored Terrain)

Jeremiah will give stoney's reigns to Egan and command him to go with Egan.

"Make sure you look after stoney Egan."

He will then draw his bow and move forward with Elodie stealthing towards the gate.

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Malazek on Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:24 pm

Prince Leon the Gray wrote:"We go on foot, from here," he says. "You ready?" Assuming the affirmative, he continues. "We'll approach from the west, hiding in the moon-shadow as get nearer to the keep. When we arrive, my spies will open the gate and we'll begin the raid. Any questions?"
Elodie wrote:She ... then joins the Prince, ready to sneak up to the keep.
Stealth +24, Perception +24, are there any guards, traps, etc. waiting for the party?
Jeremiah wrote:He will then draw his bow and move forward with Elodie stealthing towards the gate.

Perception: +30 (Favored Terrain) (If opponents are a favored enemy this bonus will be higher) ,Stealth: +28 (Camouflage & Favored Terrain)
As Prince Leon leads the war-band toward the unsuspecting keep, the Band of Four effortlessly falls in line and moves toward the front of the force. Miphelgara-Talmut slyly falls back, letting most of the soldiers get before him, but the other three members of the Band of Four virtually disappear into the shadows.

As everyone rushes down the hill, through the darkness and toward the enemies' castle, the keep itself is silhouetted against the big bright moon that seems larger than normal. Reflections of moonlight reveal the helmets and armor of the enemies on the wall. Elodie and Jeremiah a smattering of foes upon the battlements, but none seem to be suspecting what is about to befall them.

As the raiders draw near, the castle gates begins to open. Leon's men let double their pace and loose with excited battle-cries as they rush through the opening gates. It becomes immediately clear that whoever mans this keep will not be ready top defend themselves.

Running along with the tide of the marching forces, you are quickly swept through the gate and into the mostly deserted bailey of the castle. A few lights barely keep the courtyard illuminated and the handful of guards on night watch are vastly outnumbered.

Then, just as the real fighting starts, someone sounds a horn of alarm. The rest of the guards will soon be stumbling to their feet and frantically trying to don their armor as they get out of bed. Leon's men waste no time in killing the first opposition they encounter, but the archers on the wall are far out of reach ... but hesitate and panic as a bronze dragon flies overhad, shining in the moonlight.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Alpha Omega on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:49 am

shouting to Leon's men...

"The dragon fights with the Band of Four, men, so focus your attention on the keep guards!!"

OOC: Are there men in melee range of Jeremiah, or can he start firing arrows at the guards on the walls?

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Malazek on Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:50 pm

Jeremiah wrote:shouting to Leon's men... "The dragon fights with the Band of Four, men, so focus your attention on the keep guards!!"
OOC: Are there men in melee range of Jeremiah, or can he start firing arrows at the guards on the walls?
- OOC: There are no enemies within melee range of Jeremiah, unless he wants to move to a position where there are. There are plenty of allies around for Jeremiah to keep himself surrounded by meat-shields ... unless, as I said, he wants to engage the enemy in melee, which is certainly within his means to do.

Some of Leon's men look relieved when they hear about the dragon, but many others seemed to already know. Jeremiah hears a few of them saying that Lord Talmut transformed himself into a dragon in order to incinerate the enemy.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Alpha Omega on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:55 am

Jeremiah will look to the wall and release arrows at the first guard he see's.


MwCL Attk: 8 + 22 = 30   | 2 + 3 = 5 DMG
MwCL Attk: 14 + 17 = 31 | 1 + 3 = 4 DMG
MwCL Attk: 13 + 12 = 25 | 5 + 3 = 8 DMG

..attack values based on the premise that the guards are human..

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Glitz on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:49 am

Not entirely sure who to attack, Elodie instead summons companions to help the other troops.

Summon Nature's Ally 6, summon 3 (1d4+1) medium Fire Elementals to assist the troops.
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Malazek on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:53 am

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will look to the wall and release arrows at the first guard he see's.
Elodie wrote:Not entirely sure who to attack, Elodie instead summons companions to help the other troops.
As the battle commences, Jeremiah plugs arrows into the guards on the wall as Elodie's elementals provide fiery support to those on the ground. Just as the last guard falls, replacements arrive from deep within the keep and the battle surges to new fury. Having occupied the court yard, Prince Leon's men maintain the upper-hand ... but the arriving troops have the advantage on the battlements. Fortunately, Jeremiah's marksmanship keeps the enemy from retaking the walls and the threat of a dragon stops many from trying. Due to the presence of fire spirits in the court yard, several of the buildings have caught fire. The common soldiers are visibly shaken by the spreading flames around them.

Within minutes, the sea of battle begins to sunder as some of the combatants press their way into the towers. Yet, the open battle between the bailey and the walls still rages on.

- OOC: Do you continuing to fighting from the yard or do you get swept into the towers? Or something else?


Last edited by Malazek on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Alpha Omega on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:05 am

Jeremiah will switch to his axes and push into the towers.

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Glitz on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:35 pm

Elodie will look around for the Prince and the other leaders and attempt to follow them, wherever they are.
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Malazek on Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:54 pm

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will switch to his axes and push into the towers.
Jeremiah follows the troops into the main tower. Inside, he hears screaming as the sound of battle echo off the wall. The raiders tear the tapestries off the walls, knock over shelves and cabinets, and begin stuffing their satchels with anything of value. As enemy guards stream into the room, the raiders closest to them stop to engage the enemy is combat ... but even that doesn't stop those in the middle of the room from looting and pillaging. In the corner of the room, he notices an old man clinging to his bloody chest and struggling to breathe, as a young girl sobs next to him whispering for him to get up. Just then, he hears one of the officers yell out "TAKE ANYTHING OF VALUE! LET'S BE QUICK ABOUT THIS!"
Elodie wrote:Elodie will look around for the Prince and the other leaders and attempt to follow them, wherever they are.
Elodie spots the Prince as he entered the main tower through a different door than the one Jeremiah went through. She also sees one of the other officer follow him in and and another follow Jeremiah. Three of the officers are still in the courtyard, directing the Prince's loyal troops to "DEFEND YOUR POSITION! THE PRINCE IS RELYING ON YOU!" Elodie also realizes that she as not seen Gumphrey since he made it through the front gate.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum