Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Glitz on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:14 pm

After hearing everyone else agree with the plan, Elodie will also consent to go along with the attack. "So who's going to stand where? I don't know which of my attacks will work against these powerful creatures, but let's hope they don't like fire...maybe Gumphrey should check the hallway for traps and other trouble before we move any further, though." Elodie grasps Gumphrey's hand and calls upon spirits to aid him. She does the same for Talmut, Jeremiah, Lindy, and even herself, hoping to give the group a little edge over the nasty golems.

Cast Guidance on Gumphrey, Talmut, Jeremiah, Lindy, and herself.

Once the group is in position (if it is safe to move forward), Elodie readies herself to summon a ball of flame just inside the doorway, where Talmut has speculated one of the golems will stand.

"Following your lead, Talmut," Elodie calls, hoping the knowledgeable conjurer is correct.

When/if everyone is ready to attack:
Cast Flaming Sphere at S14.
Damage: 9 (6 + 2 + 1)
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Swifthand on Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:23 pm

Once Gum has checked for traps in the eastern corridor...

"Very well.  Jeremiah and then Gumphry, you should be in front, as your enchanted weapons have the best chance the pierce the golem's stone skin.  Lindy, move over to the ladder and make ready to ascend the chute if the golem leaves his room; if he does so, we will all retreat, you leading the way.  I will leave last, as I will be casting spells designed to impair the golem's movement.  Prepare yourselves."

Talmut whispers an airy command to the elemental in Auran.  "Go to the ceiling, as you did before, my ally, then flank the golem in the doorway from the other side as we attack it from the rear.  Use all your abilities to avoid the golem's blows."  All out defense, only threatening to give the flanking "to hit" bonus.

Then, Talmut conjures a 2nd ally, giving the same instructions, to take the place of the elemental once it's duration has expired or is has been destroyed on the Prime.  Sending him to the ceiling first, then, the eagle will descend, providing a flanker.  All out defense.

Free - Instructions
Move - To K 14

Standard - Summon Monster 1 (celestial eagle).
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Malazek on Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:54 am

After Gumphrey checks the hall for traps (and finds nothing), everyone gets into position. Th two summoned creatures swoop into the room and head directly toward the high ceiling.



OOC: It took one round for the air elemental to explain the layout of the room. It takes Elodie five rounds to cast Guidance on everyone. Talmut can explain the plan while she does so. Everyone can get into position while she does so. Gumphrey's trap-finding is done while he gets into position. On the last round, Talmut can summon the eagle and both summoned creatures can get into position. So, by the time the air elemental gets where he needs to be, he has been on this plane for six rounds (meaning he has four left) ... but that's the eagle's first round here (so he has nine left).

OOC: Note that Gumphrey has gotten much faster at checking for traps. He used to need a move action for every spot he wanted to check ... but now he gets an automatic roll just for coming within ten feet of a trap.

OOC: I set-up the map according to the plan. I placed Elodie in the best spot to provide light for Gumphrey and Jeremiah.

OOC: Elodie has a readied action. The Golems will act on Initiative 17, triggering her readied action. From then, she will act on Initiative 18

OOC: Lindy has a Readied action, to go up the latter if the Golem leaves his room.

- OOC: Talmut's Initiative is 14. Jeremiah's is 8 (Sorry). Gumphrey's is 16.

OOC: Since the hallway is only wide enough for single-file, Gumphrey will not be able to attack right away. After the first round, he will be prepared to switch places with Jeremiah at a moment's notice. (Note that he could throw the dagger, but he doesn't want to. He could also use his bow, but Talmut said that would be useless. He could also tumble into the room and attack from another angle, but that would be going against the plan. So, he will stand in position and wait for a chance to strike).



Init 17
Reacting to the presence of intruders, the Golems move into position. One does, indeed, move to block the door. The summoned eagle seems safely out of reach, hovering near the forty-foot high arch of the ceiling. The elemental drops to tactical position. Before the Golems can attack, however, Elodie and Jeremiah do ...

- OOC: The elemental has set-up a flank with Jeremiah, so everyone is +2 to hit the Golem. (Note: that a Total Defense is a full-round action, so the elemental cannot move any further this round, nor can it make any attacks).

- OOC: The Golem that blocked the door had to trigger an opportunity attack from Jeremiah to do so.

Elodie calls upon the nature spirits for another burning ball of flame, which engulfs part of the Golem immediately. The earthen construct does not appear to burn, nor even be bothered by the fire. It is clearly invulnerable to this sort of magic.

Jeremiah seizes the opportunity to strike the Golem with his magical axe.
- Opportunity Attack = 28 (13 rolled +12 to hit +2 Flank +1 Guidance); Hit!
- Damage = 11 Damage

Init 14 and 11
- OOC: Talmut, please post your actions for round one (if any).

- OOC: Jeremiah, please post your attacks. You are in a position to use your full multiple attacks (+11/+5 and +9/+4, with flank and Guidance added).



- OOC: Please pardon any typos. I will try to correct them later.


Last edited by Malazek on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Alpha Omega on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:47 am

Jeremiah will furiously swing both axes attacking the golem...

M.H. Axe: 13 + 11 = 24 | DMG: 9
M.H. Axe: 8 + 5 = 13 | DMG: 7

H. Axe: 18 + 9 = 27 | DMG: 4
H. Axe: 11 + 4 = 15 | DMG: 8

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Glitz on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:53 pm

Sensing that most of her fiery attacks will not do much good against the golem, Elodie taps Gumphrey. "Switch with me!" she says, waving her wand at him. "I'll at least be able to heal Jeremiah once the golem starts smacking him around!"

Move: Switch spots with Gumphrey to move to Q14.
Standard: Use Wand of Cure Serious Wounds IF Jeremiah gets hit. Cures 24 HP (4 + 6 + 7 + 7).

The sphere stays in place, lighting the room like a torch.
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Swifthand on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:16 pm

Talmut is readying a Grease spell to cast if the golem leaves the room.
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Malazek on Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:06 pm

R&R - Round 1 (Continued) ...

Init 14
Talmut prepares to slow the Golem, if necessary.

Init 11
Jeremiah's magical axe digs deep into the Golem, but the statuesque foe proves impervious to the bite of the more mundane axe.
- OOC: The magical axe hit once and did damage; the other one hit once, but failed to do damage.

R&R - Round 2 ...

Init 18
Elodie and Gumphrey switch places, so that Elodie can heal Jeremiah, if necessary.

Init 17
Mercilessly, the Golems attack the air elemental. They do so without consideration for their other enemies. They simply punch the twirling vortex of air until it dissipates and disappears.
- Slam Attack = 40; Hit. 17 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 30; Hit. 18 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 10 vs. 1% = No)
- Slam Attack = 25; Hit. 19 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 31; Hit. 13 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 94 vs. 1% = No)
- Slam Attack = 28; Hit. 14 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 43; Hit. 21 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 95 vs. 1% = No)
- Slam Attack = 40; Hit. 23 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 23; Hit. 16 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 66 vs. 1% = No)

The eagle swoops down to take its place.

Init 16
Gumphrey is still ready to switch places with Jeremiah, if his wounds become too severe.

- OOC: Back to Talmut and Jeremiah.

avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Alpha Omega on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:54 am

Jeremiah will proceed to attack the same golem again.

M.H. Axe: 17 + 11 = 28 | DMG: 6
M.H. Axe: 3 + 5 = 8 | DMG: 6

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Malazek on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:47 pm

OOC: I think its safe to assume that Talmut is still standing ready with Grease, Elodie is still ready with the wand, and Gumphrey is still ready to switch places if needed. So, I'll go ahead and post.



R&R - Round 2 (Continued) ...

Init 14
Talmut waits and watches, prepared to cast a spell if the need arises.

Init 11
Jeremiah magical axe bites into the Golem again.
- OOC: One hit; one miss.

"Get him, Jeremiah!" Gumphrey cheers.

R&R - Round 3 ...

Init 18
Elodie stands at the ready, wand in hand, ready to heal if necessary.

Init 17
The Golems attack the Eagle, just like they did elemental a moment before. And like before, the summoned creature is ruthlessly bashed out of existence.
- Slam Attack = 26; Hit. 23 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 32; Hit. 16 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 92 vs. 2% = No)
- Slam Attack = 29; Hit. 13 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 27; Hit. 18 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 58 vs. 2% = No)
- Slam Attack = 38; Hit. 15 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 23; Hit. 25 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 25 vs. 2% = No)
- Slam Attack = 37; Hit. 18 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 24; Hit. 20 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 78 vs. 2% = No)

Init 16
Gumphrey stands back, waiting to jump in if Jeremiah gets hurt.

- OOC: Back to Talmut and Jeremiah.

avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Glitz on Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Elodie watches the golems pummel the eagle into non-existence and decides to summon a few creatures to hold their attention a bit longer. She calls forth a group of small fire elementals, placing four of them around the golem in the doorway. She places the fifth elemental in front of the middle door and shouts in Ignan, "Check the door! See if it's open!"

Cast Summon Nature's Ally IV, summon 5 (d4+1=5) small fire elementals to S12, T12, U14, S15, and W14. 
If the door is open, the elemental at W14 will move 5 feet through the door.
If the door is locked, it will turn around and hit something, instead. 20 to hit (14 + 6), 2 damage + chance for burn.

Attack/damage rolls -
S12: 26 (20 + 6), 2 damage + chance for burn (DC 11)
T12: 14 (8 + 6)
U14: 26 (20 + 6), 2 damage + chance for burn (DC 11)
S15: 22 (16 + 6), 1 damage + chance for burn (DC 11) Miss

GM Edit: Reflex Saves vs. Burn = 16 (Save), 6 (Miss). The Golem will suffer one Burn (for 4 Rounds).
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Alpha Omega on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:47 am

Jeremiah will continue to press his attack, but seeing the destruction the golems cause he becomes slightly worried.


M.H. Axe: 14 + 11 = 25 | DMG: 9
M.H. Axe: 19 + 5 = 24| DMG: 4

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Malazek on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:18 pm

R&R - Round 3 (Continued) ...

Init 14
Talmut watches and waits.
- OOC: Swift told me today that he is staying ready with the Grease spell this round, but may post something for the following rounds.

Init 11
Jeremiah strikes the Golem, again. The magical axe is clearly leaving its mark on the earthen construct, but Jeremiah can tell that he still has a long way to go.
- OOC: Both Hit!

R&R - Round 4 ...

Init 18
Elodie summons forth a quintet of fire elementals, four of which surround and strike at the designated Golem. Somehow, they manage to burn the Golem's earthen shell and set it on fire. The fifth member of the quintet opens the rear door and steps through it.

Int 17
The Golems work together to squash the little elementals with their boulder-sized fists.
- Slam Attack = 23; Hit. 19 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 38; Hit. 20 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 10 vs. 3% = No)
- Slam Attack = 26; Hit. 12 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 25; Hit. 11 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 48 vs. 3% = No)
- Slam Attack = 24; Hit. 20 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 29; Hit. 21 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 19 vs. 3% = No)
- Slam Attack = 32; Hit. 19 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 34; Hit. 23 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 36 vs. 3% = No)

Init 16
Gumphrey continues to watch and wait.

Init 14 & 11
Talmut and Jeremiah ...


GM Edit: the damaged Golem is down 45 hit points, now (not 41). I didn't fix it on the map, though (Oops).

avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Swifthand on Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Talmut will summon another Celestial Eagle to provide a flanker for Jeremiah.

HP:41/41AC: 17 Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Wil: +7 Init: +6
M.W. Quarterstaff: +2Atk 1d6-2
BAB: 3
Mov: 6
CMB: 2 | CMD: 14
Per: +0Spell Save DC=Spell Level+15, 17 Conj.
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Glitz on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Seeing that Talmut has summoned another eagle to keep the golems from turning to Jeremiah, Elodie takes the opportunity to will the spirits to aid Jeremiah in his next attack.

Cast Guidance on Jeremiah.
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Alpha Omega on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:47 am

M.H. Axe: 2 + 11 = 13 | DMG: --
M.H. Axe: 7 + 5 = 12| DMG: --

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Malazek on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:55 pm

OOC: It seems like this combat is going to take a while. So, Swifthand had an excellent idea. He suggested that we post multiple rounds at once. Basically, since you guys seems to be using a "rinse and repeat" strategy, he suggested that Talmut and Elodie could just keep summoning things into that room so that Jeremiah could just keep attacking. I would just roll everything out, according to your existing strategy, until something changes. So, I could conceivably post ten or twenty rounds in a single post (again, assuming nobody takes damage, nobody runs out of spells, etc). I asked Glitz if she was okay with that plan and she said absolutely. I just asked Alpha (via Skype) if he was good with that approach, but he hasn't responded yet. (Though, Alpha did say Jeremiah was good with whatever plan Talmut came up with). Unless he objects, I'll go ahead and do that (just waiting for a reply).

OOC: Edit: He replied and said go ahead.


Last edited by Malazek on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Malazek on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:04 pm

R&R - Round 4 (Continued) ...

Init 14
Talmut summons another of Eru-Belu's sons, sending it directly into the room.

Init 11
Jeremiah continues to swing away with the axes, trying to get a solid hit.
- Two Misses.

R&R - Round 5 ...

Init 18
Elodie wills the spirits to assist Jeremiah.
The last fire elemental explores the hallway it has uncovered.

Int 17
The Golems pound the unsuspecting bird into feather and pulp. The burning Golem continues to burn ... but one of the other Golems seems to malfunction. It's body begins to spasm and it lets loose a melancholy howl before rushing (at incredible speed) after the escaping Fire Elemental! It's a tight squeeze, but disappears down the eastward hallway.
- Slam Attack = 27; Hit. 19 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 26; Hit. 22 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 79 vs. 4% = No)
- Slam Attack = 40; Hit. 21 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 33; Hit. 20 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 24 vs. 4% = No)
- Slam Attack = 30; Hit. 18 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 26; Hit. 20 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 34  vs. 4% = No)
- Berserk Roll = 01 vs. 4% = Yes! The last Golem casts haste on itself and squeezes down the hallway, moving at half speed (6 squares).

Init 16
Gumphrey continues to watch and wait.

Init 14
Talmut summons another son of Eru-Belu.
- OOC: That's the third Summon Monster I he has cast, correct?

Init 11
With axes in hand, Jeremiah relentlessly chops away at his earthen foe.
- Attack (Magical Axe): 29 (14+15): 10 Damage
- Attack (Magical Axe): 17 (7+10): Miss

R&R - Round 6 ...

Init 18
OOC: Because the eagle is still in the room, Elodie will hold her action until after the Golem's action. Otherwise, she'd risk having her summons destroyed on the same round as the eagle (i.e. it would be a waste of a spell).

Init 17
The Golems beat the next celestial bird to death, as well. Elemental fire continues to burn the one Golem ... but the fourth Golem (and the elemental it followed) are nowhere to be seen.
- Slam Attack = 30; Hit. 20 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 35; Hit. 23 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 93 vs. 5% = No)
- Slam Attack = 25; Hit. 18 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 25; Hit. 23 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 08 vs. 5% = No)
- Slam Attack = 28; Hit. 11 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 29; Hit. 10 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 84 vs. 5% = No)

Init 16
Gumphrey continues to wait.

Elodie decides that more fire elementals are called for. She begs the spirits to send more of her fiery friends.
- Summon Monster IV: The Small Fire Elemental, surrounding the main target.

The newly summoned elementals attack the burning Golem.
- Slam Attack = 13 (7+6): Miss
- Slam Attack = 20 (14+6): Miss
- Slam Attack = 15 (9+6): Miss

Init 14
Talmut watches and waits. It's not his turn to summon, yet.

Init 11
Jeremiah: relentless with the axes.
- Attack (Magical Axe): 32 (18+14): 7 Damage
- Attack (Magical Axe): 24 (15+9): 6 Damage

R&R - Round 7 ...

Init 17
The remaining Golems extinguish the annoying fire elementals, though one of their number still burns.
- Slam Attack = 29; Hit. 17 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = Natural 20; Crit Not Verified (Natural 1). 24 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 07 vs. 6% = No)
- Slam Attack = 32; Hit. 14 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 27; Hit. 16 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 84 vs. 6% = No)
- Slam Attack = 32; Hit. 19 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 31; Hit. 13 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 68 vs. 6% = No)

Init 16
Gumphrey waits.
Elodie will call again to the spirits for guidance.

Init 14
Talmut summons an even bigger eagle!!
- OOC: Is that the third Summon Monster II he has cast?

Init 11
Jeremiah. The axe-man.
- Attack (Magical Axe): Natural 1: Miss
- Attack (Magical Axe): 16 (6+10): Miss.

R&R - Round 8 ...

Init 18
The flaming sphere winks out, casting parts of the room into darkness.

Init 17
Undaunted by the larger bird, the Golems attack it, also. The flames that have burning the foremost Golem seems to have smoldered out, though the construct is still smoking.
- Slam Attack = Natural 20; 23 to Verify. Crit! 49 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = Natural 1; Miss. (Berserk Roll = 11 vs. 7% = No)
- Slam Attack = 35; Hit. 19 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 39; Hit. 16 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 63 vs. 7% = No)
- Slam Attack = 23; Hit. 19 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 35; Hit. 17 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 95 vs. 7% = No)

Init 16
Gumphrey waits.

Elodie summons a single Fire Elemental.
- Summon Monster II

The singular Elemental tries to assault the Golem, but its attacks prove ineffective against their exterior shells.
- Slam Attack = 15 (9+6): Miss

Init 14
Talmut waits.

Init 11
Jeremiah swings again and again, slowly chipping away at the Golem. Finally, his axe finds a weak spot, creating a large crack along the Golem's massive torso.
- Attack (Magical Axe): Natural 1: Miss
- Attack (Magical Axe): 25 (16+9): 9 Damage.

R&R - Round 9 ...

Init 17
The Golems bash and bludgeon the poor little elemental. 
- Slam Attack = 33; Hit. 18 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 40; Hit. 13 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 99 vs. 8% = No)
- Slam Attack = Natural 1; Miss.
- Slam Attack = 32; Hit. 26 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 84 vs. 8% = No)
- Slam Attack = 38; Hit. 14 Damage, Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 26; Hit. 13 Damage, Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 46 vs. 8% = No)

Init 16
Gumphrey waits.
Elodie will call again to the spirits for guidance.

Init 14
Talmut must call upon a less common pact. Relying on secrets of the Fourth House of Nu'ul, he summons forth ... an orb of light. It appears near the ceiling, radiating beams of holy energy that seem to damage the Golems. It then disappears and instantly re-appears between the three Golems.
- Summon Monster III Lantern Archon
- Light Ray (Touch Attack) = 9; Hit. 2 Damage that automatically overcomes any sort of DR.
- Then, Teleport to a Flanking position.
- OOC:  You'll have to give it a cool name like you did all you other summons.

Init 11
Seizing upon opportunity, Jeremiah buries his axe in the crack he has created. His axe sticks for a moment, but reluctantly comes free. He swings again, burying the entire axe-head deep within the Golem's body. When the axe won't come free, he places his foot on the Golem's lower back and gives the axe a forceful tug. It comes free ... but when it does, the golems splits and crumbles. Two large portions fall apart, breaking into smaller pieces as they strike the ground.
- Attack (Magical Axe): 32 (16+15): 10 Damage.
- Attack (Magical Axe): 24 (16+10): 11 Damage.

OOC: One down!

Gumphrey cheers, "Alright! We did it! ... well, we're getting it done, anyway."

R&R - Round 10 ...

Init 17
The remaining Golems quickly demolish the glowing orb.
- Slam Attack = 28; Hit. 0 Damage (10 Damage - 10 DR)
- Slam Attack = 29; Hit. 9 Damage (19 Damage - 10 DR), Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 85 vs. 9% = No)
- Slam Attack = 27; Hit. 6 Damage (16 Damage - 10 DR), Cursed.
- Slam Attack = 20; Hit. 14 Damage (24 Damage - 10 DR), Cursed. (Berserk Roll = 27 vs. 9% = No)

Unfortunately, the crazed Golem returns, as well. barely squeezing through the slender hallway, it forces itself back into the room. It looks directly at Jeremiah with murderous intent.



OOC: It is now the party's initiative. Elodie and Talmut still have several summons left ... but the situation has definitely changed. One Golem is down, but another has gone completely berserk (and is clearly capable of ignoring whatever is in the room). Plus, you still don't know what the others do, if the room is ever empty. It's up to you guys: keep doing what you've been doing? Or try and beat a hasty retreat? 

OOC: Please pardon any typos. It was a lot to type. I'll try to edit later.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Glitz on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:00 pm

OOC: Nice work on that long, long, long combat.

OOC2: I think now is when we should make our exit. Taking another golem right now might be risky, and I'd hate to go through several rounds of combat and have to run away without finishing a second golem.
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Swifthand on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Seeing the berserk golem, Talmut shouts down the hall to his allies.  "We must allow the golems to reset, and for that, we must retreat, however, the berserk golem will chase us, regardless!  Elodie, Jeremiah, back out of there; lure him into the hallway and we will destroy him!"

Free - Shouting, I would also like to make a check to determine the affects of the golem's curse.
Hold initiative until after Elodie and Jeremiah move (initiative 18, next round)
Standard - Cast Grease, P-Q14; it is a 10'square, so I guess there is some Grease on the walls, too.
Move - None



O.O.C. - Is the hallway's ceiling high enough to avoid the golem's attacks, or only in the rooms? 

O.O.C. 2 - We can't have a berserk golem running about, we need to take care of it now.  I have some attacks that can harm it (acid dart), and I will summon additional help.  Can Elodie keep Jeremiah up if he engages it in melee?
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Malazek on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:14 pm

Talmut wrote:Free - Shouting, I would also like to make a check to determine the affects of the golem's curse.
Talmut believes that injuries inflicted by the Golem will not heal on their own, and may even be difficult to heal with magic (OOC: A caster level check is required).
Talmut wrote:O.O.C. - Is the hallway's ceiling high enough to avoid the golem's attacks, or only in the rooms? 
OOC: No, just in the rooms. The hallway ceiling is only ten feet high. The ceilings in the rooms, so far, have been closer to twenty-five.


Last edited by Malazek on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Glitz on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:00 pm

"Jeremiah, go, and take Gumphrey with you!" Elodie urges Jeremiah to move past her towards Talmut. "I have an idea!"

Assuming Jeremiah and Gumphrey move down the hallway towards the entrance, Elodie follows them halfway. Once she is a few paces from the door of the golems' chamber, she stops and slams her hand on the wall. Focusing on the hard stone beneath her palm, she wills it to change form. The sand on the floor begins to move as the wall appears to stretch and separate, forming five stone columns. The columns are 6 inches apart, leaving enough room for Talmut to attack between the bars. Each stone column is 10 feet tall, 6 inches wide, and 8 inches thick. 

Move to M14. Cast Stone Shape on wall to form columns between M14 & N14.

OOC: Elodie's new wand heals 3d8+7 HP. So she MIGHT be able to keep Jeremiah up, but it's risky. Maybe these columns will buy us a little time. 

GM Edit: Like this? With one of the columns flush against the wall? (Assuming the white spaces are gaps and the tan spaces are stone, this image would be like a "cut away" section of the stone columns?)

GM Edit: Added Image.


OOC2: Yes, like this!



avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Alpha Omega on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:52 am

Talmut wrote:"We must allow the golems to reset, and for that, we must retreat, however, the berserk golem will chase us, regardless!  Elodie, Jeremiah, back out of there; lure him into the hallway and we will destroy him!"

Jeremiah will retreat down the hallway.

OOC: I believe I can go total defense for a +4 dodge bonus to AC and make my move. If this is correct that will be my actions this round...

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Malazek on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:21 pm

OOC: This recap will cut and dry; just enough to clarify the order of events. (Your posts were all clear and descriptive, so no need for me to reiterate any of it).

R & R - Round 10 (Continued) ...

Init 16
Gumphrey retreats.
Elodie waits for Jeremiah.
- OOC: In order to cast Stone Shape AFTER Jeremiah moves, Elodie will have to delay her initiative.

Init 14
Talmut waits for Elodie.
- OOC: He delays until Init 18.

Init 11
Jeremiah retreats.

Init 10
Elodie retreats and casts her stone-shaping magicks.

R & R - Round 11 ...

Init 18
Talmut casts his famous Grease spell.

Init 17
The crazed Golem charges forward, squeezing its bulky frame into the narrow hallway. As if that didn't slow him down enough, stepping into the conjured grease reduces him to a snail's pace. Slowly, the earthen construct pushes itself forward, inching its way toward you.
- Move: to R14 (he'll have to squeeze into that last square). Squeezing means he's -4 to hit, -4 to his AC, and every 2 squares he moves costs him 2 squares of movement.
- Standard: Move to Q14 (hitting the Grease). Golem's Acrobatics vs. Grease (DC 10) = 13 (he does not need to make a Reflex save, but can only move half speed). With only 2 squares of movement left and each costing him double, he will move no further this round.

Meanwhile, the other two Golem's move out of sight, behind the stone walls, to where you can no longer see them.

Init 16
Gumphrey waits.

Init 11
OOC: Jeremiah?

avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Alpha Omega on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:05 pm

Jeremiah will ready an attack waiting for the golem to approach the stone pillars.

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Swifthand on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:07 pm

After Elodie or Jeremiah move out of the hallway....

Holding the Rod of the Chameleon Lord high, Talmut calls upon the Heavenly Treaty of al-Sihal, the perfect bridge between the House of Nu'ul and the Celestial Courts of the Lady Xerona.  "Good Lady of Light, Xerona! I entreat thee to grant me the aid of your Servant!  Blast this stoney automaton!"

Full Round Action  - Summon Monster 3, Light Archon, into M or L 14, Rod of the Chameleon Lord, 20 round duration
Free - Command the Latern Archon to attack, full round action, 2 light rays, +3 ranged touch, 1d6
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #4 - The Incorrigible Mr. Mittens

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum