Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Swifthand on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Free - Order summoned creatures to attack

Standard - Cast Acid Dart at last eel

Ranged Touch - 12+3=15
(GM Edit: -4 firing into melee +2 Flanked = 13)
Damage - 5+2=7
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Glitz on Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Satisfied with Gumphrey's state, Elodie flounders through the fight, attempting to find a better spot from which to cast. She then fires another bolt of steam at the eel.

Move: to I-22
Attack Roll: 1
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Malazek on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:42 pm

OOC: Invoking Rule-24.

R&R

Init 8 (Continued)
Talmut pegs the eel with another Acid Dart, etching an arcane wound into the Eel's flesh!
The summoned Shark seizes the opportunity to deliver a vicious bite!
The Dolphin continues to harry the eel, but fails to do any significant damage.
Jeremiah rushes into the fray, chopping at the eel with his axe.
- Shark Bite = Natural 20 (16 to Verify, No Crit); Miss Chance = 78 (Hit); 12 Damage
- Dolphin Slam = 13 (Miss)
- Jeremiah moves to G23
- Jeremiah Main-hand = 27 to hit; Miss Chance = 41 (Hit); 8 Damage 

Init 7
Realizing the fight is lost, the eel panics. It releases Gumphrey and makes a break for it. Unfortunately for him, being surrounded and all, he didn't make it very far.
- Eel moves first to H25, incurring opportunity attacks ...
- Shark OA = Natural 1 (Miss)
- Dolphin OA = 9 (Miss)
- Jeremiah OA = 23 to hit; Miss Chance = 42 (Hit); 6 Damage
- Gumphrey OA = 21 to hit; Miss Chance = 23 (Hit); 10 Damage

The Eel is Dead.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Swifthand on Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:52 pm

"Elodie, can you heal the shark?  I will send him ahead to clear the path.  Let us move forward quickly to make the most use of my summoning."


The shark is still here for 10 rounds, I believe (4 rounds since summoning), and that is my last 3rd level spell.  I would like to send him ahead after the octopus not down so many hit points - Thanks!
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Alpha Omega on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:20 pm

"I agree, we should send the shark ahead. Do we need to surface and rest?"

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Swifthand on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:21 pm

"I do not."
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Glitz on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:58 pm

"That's a good idea, Talmut." Elodie digs around in her bag and pulls out a pearl, rolling it between her fingers for a brief moment before turning her attention to the shark.

Cast Cure Light Wounds, cures 12 HP (7 + 5).

Elodie then turns to Gumphrey and prods him with the wand twice, before tapping herself with the wand.

Cures 18 HP for Gumphrey, 5 HP for Elodie.

"I'm out of spells and my wand is almost spent, so keep your potions handy," Elodie cautions the group before they move on.
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Malazek on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Talmut wrote:"... I will send him ahead to clear the path.  Let us move forward quickly to make the most use of my summoning."
The shark is still here for 10 rounds ... I would like to send him ahead
Elodie wrote:Elodie digs around in her bag a ... before turning her attention to the shark. Cast Cure Light Wounds, cures 12 HP (7 + 5).
Elodie then turns to Gumphrey and prods him with the wand twice, before tapping herself with the wand. Cures 18 HP for Gumphrey, 5 HP for Elodie.
OOC: Healing the Shark once, Gumphrey twice, and herself once will take four rounds. Is Talmut going to wait? Or is he going to follow the Shark straight away? How about the Jeremiah? What about the Dolphin?
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Swifthand on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:07 pm

The Dolphin and I will follow right off, if Jeremiah is up for it...
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Alpha Omega on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:13 am

Since no one wanted to head to the surface, Jeremiah will proceed to follow Talmut.

"Good idea Elodie."

Jeremiah will make sure there is a healing potion readily accessible on his belt. He will then pull his bow back out...

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Malazek on Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:51 pm

OOC: The round immediately after the last eel died, Elodie healed the Shark, while the party discussed moving on.  At lunch (and again on Skype), Swifthand informed me that he wants the Shark to attack the fish in the hallway. That will begin a new combat with new initiatives. The fish will be surprised. To clarify, that means the surprise round vs. the fish is exactly one round after the fight with the eels. Initiatives are as follows.
- Jeremiah: 23
- Elodie, Gumphrey: 20
- Talmut & Crew: 7
- I will roll the Fishes' initiative at the start of Round 1.

R&R Surprise Round ....

Init 23
Jeremiah discusses the possibility of retreating to the surface, but acquiesces to continuing on.
- OOC: Essentially, his action is held. He now can go any time AFTER the Shark does.

Init 20
Elodie heals the shark.
Gumphrey waits.
- OOC: Since Elodie already rolled the heals for herself and Gumphrey, I am assuming the two of them will be "hanging back" until then. In other words, she will heal Gumphrey on rounds 1 and 2, herself on round 3. That means Gumphrey will be ready to roll on Round 3 and Elodie will be ready to go on Round 4.

Init 7
After being healed, the Shark swims off as directed. The Shark charges directly at the school of fish in the hallway behind you and dives right in: ready for lunch! It quickly gobbles up several of the smaller fish. Immediately, the fish scatter and begin to swarm.
- Shark Bite: Attack Roll = 17 vs. Flat-footed AC (Hit). Miss Chance = 71 (Hit); 9 Damage (Halved = 4)

The Dolphin does the same thing, swimming alongside the Shark and charging into its natural prey.
- Dolphin Slam: Attack Roll = 16 vs. Flat-footed AC (Hit). Miss Chance = 35 (Hit); 8 Damage

OOC: Talmut can go now, too, on Initiative 7.
OOC: Jeremiah can go on Initiative 6.
OOC: I will roll the fishes' initiative at the start of next round.

Arx Sub Shark 1 photo ArxSublevelSharkAttack1_zps1a36bc3b.png
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Swifthand on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Talmut will Acid Dart the large swarm.

Standard - Acid Dart, ranged touch, 19+3-4 (firing into melee) = 18, 76% on miss chance roll
Damage - 5+2=7

GM Edit: Firing into Melee is -4 unless the target is two or more size categories larger than your ally

Player edit - I'll go back to you handling the rolls Smile


GM Edit: Oh, no!


Last edited by Swifthand on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:11 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Alpha Omega on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:01 am

"I could use a snack!"

Action: L.Bow: 10 + 9 = 19 -4 (firing into melee) -6 (Underwater Ranged Penalty) = 9 | DMG: 5

OOC: Not sure if 15 hits, but I rolled the damage. I did not roll the miss chance either...

GM Edit: Miss Chance = 87

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Malazek on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:09 pm

R&R (Surprise Round - Continued) ...

Init 7
Talmut's acid dart zips through the water and strikes down one of the larger fishes in the swarm.

Init 6
Jeremiah fires an arrow into the swarm, but the projectile loses moment quickly in the water.

Round 1 ...
(Fish Initiative = 16)

Init 20
Elodie begins healing Gumphrey.

Init 16
The swarm begins to move, overtaking the Shark and the Dolphin. The small fish begin to frenzy, darting back and forth through the water, and collectively taking several small bites out of the larger creatures. A few of the fish even manage to "latch on" on, like barnacles. As this is happening, the shark and the dolphin frantically try to chomp on as many of the angry fish as they can.
- Shark OA = 14 to hit; Miss Chance = 91 (Hit); 7 Damage (Halved = 4)
- Dolphin OA = 12 to hit; Miss.
- Swarm Attack (Auto Hit); The shark and the dolphin both suffer 8 Damage (plus Poison) 
- Shark's Fort Save = 28 (Success)
- Dolphin's Fort Save = 20 (Success)
- The Swarm is no longer Flat-footed.

Init 7
The Shark continues to snap at the tiny fishes.
- Shark Bite = 14 to hit (Miss)

The Dolphin continues to attack the tiny fishes.
- Dolphin Slam = 13 to hit (Miss)

OOC: Talmut (Init 7) and Jeremiah (Init 6) are up again.

Arx Shark Attack 2 photo ArxSublevelSharkAttack2_zpsfc7bf8f0.png
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Swifthand on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Talmut will Acid Dart the large swarm.




Standard - Acid Dart, ranged touch, 12+3-4 (firing into melee)=11
Miss Chance = 12 (Miss)
Damage - 2+2=4
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Alpha Omega on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:48 am

Standard:
L.Bow: 14 + 9 (-8) = 15 | DMG: --

OOC: Would this spell work against fish, if I had memorized it?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/hide-from-animals


GM Edit: Yes

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Malazek on Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:35 pm

R&R - Round 1 (Continued) ...

Init 7
The water has become even cloudier, now that so many fish are frantically swimming about. Talmut conjures another dart of acid, firing into the crowd. The filthy, swirling water makers it difficult to tell, but he's pretty sure the acid dart didn't hit anything.

Init 6
Wherever Talmut's acid dart flew, Jeremiah's arrows seems to follow it. It sails into the mass of fish, but quickly loses momentum before making contact with any of them.

Round 2  ...

Init 20
Elodie finishes healing Gumphrey.

Init 19
Gumphrey steps up and fires his bow, as well.
- Attack Roll = 10 + 8 - 4 (firing into melee) - 6 (Underwater) = 8 (Miss)

Init 16
The terrible little fishes continue to feed off of the Shark and Dolphin.
- Swarm Attack (Auto Hit); The shark and the dolphin both suffer 6 Damage (plus Poison) 
- Shark's Fort Save = 26 (Success)
- Dolphin's Fort Save = 11 (Fail) The Dolphin is poisoned and suffers 2 points of Dexterity Damage.

Init 7
All the tiny fish clinging to the Shark and the Dolphin like barnacles have slowly drained their lifeblood. Being poisoned and already wounded, the blood-loss is just too much for the summoned entities. Both of them blink out of existence.
- The Shark suffers 2 Points of Strength damage & 1 point of Con damage (lowering his "max" HP to less than his current wounds).
- The Dolphin suffers 2 Points of Strength damage & 1 point of Con damage (lowering his "max" HP to less than his current wounds).

OOC: Talmut & Jeremiah are up next.

 photo ArxSublevelSharkAttack3_zpsd4128037.png
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Swifthand on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:08 pm

Talmut will Acid Dart the large swarm.

Standard - Acid Dart, ranged touch, 20 (natch) +3 = 23 (Confirm=17 on the die)

Damage - 5+2=7, doubled=14?


GM Edit: Miss Chance = 29 (Hit)
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Alpha Omega on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:18 am

"This is not looking good."

Standard:
    L.Bow: 17 + 9 -4 (Underwater) = 22 | DMG: 7

OOC: Should we try and escape?

GM Edit: Miss Chance = 77 (Hit)
GM Edit: The Underwater penalty with a ranged weapon is -2 per square.

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Malazek on Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:00 pm

R&R

Round 2 Continued ...

Init 7 (Continued)
Talmut releases another bout of acid, which reaches one of the largest fish and burns it alive.

Init 6
Just as Jeremiah comments on the abyssal odds, his arrow skewers one of the largest fish.

Round 3 ...

Init 20
Elodie finally heals herself.

Init 19
Gumphrey fires another arrow into the school and strikes another big fish.

Init 16
The disappearance of its prey and the sudden death of its biggest and most fearsome members seems to have sent the swarm into disarray. The individual fish look confused and begin to scatter. Some retreat down the wide hall, some down the narrow hall. Some take refuge in the alcoves behind the statues, and a few zip past you into the eels' lair. In just a few short seconds, the swarm is gone.

End Combat.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Glitz on Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:53 am

Satisfied that she and Gumphrey are both back to their original healthy state, Elodie tucks her wand away and turns around to face the group again, just in time to see Gumphrey fire his final arrow. "Nice work, everyone. Anyone hurt?"

If no one is injured, Elodie will suggest that they move on.
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Alpha Omega on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:09 am

"Let us go on, we'll finish this and do our best to not make this place our watery grave."

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Malazek on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:08 am

Gumphrey agrees.

The party moves further up the wide hall. Alcoves sit at regular intervals along the left wall, each occupied by a partially eroded statue. Instead of fungus and mold, like the statues on the upper level, these sculptures are covered with algae. Despite the greenery, you can still tell that these statues are of the same style and workmanship as the ones above.

These statues all resemble soldiers. Their weapons have long since broken away, but the cylindrical remnants protruding from their outstretched hands suggest they once held spears or other pole arms. Wide stone slabs resting between their other hand and their foot are the last remains of their marble shields. Despite the repetition of their armaments, the first three statues bear slight differences. The first thing you notice is that they are not all the same height or the same build. Realizing that, you notice other differences, as well. The first one on your left has what's looks like a horn hanging from its belt, while the second one has what looks like an axe (or the head of one, the stone handle has also broken away). The third one carries the likeness of a scroll or map case and is clearly female. You expect the others will bear similar differences.

Arx Sub Wide photo ArxSublevelWideHall_zpsf6456d51.png
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Swifthand on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:29 pm

"Any traps here, Gumphry?  I can summon one more shark - I will save it for the octopus.  After this area is clear of enemies,I can use a spell to find any secret doors."

If there are no traps, Talmut will move ahead to summon a shark and then attack the octopus.
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Alpha Omega on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:37 pm

After Gumphry searches for traps, Jeremiah will push on down the hall looking for the octopus. Noticing that his arrows had little to no effect traveling through the water, he will switch to his axes and prepare for combat.


OOC: To bad I don't like to eat fish or octopus...

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #3 - Lord Winter

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum