Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Glitz on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:44 am

Elodie will tell Jeremiah what she told Talmut. "Maybe we should discuss this with Maius and Gumphrey, and figure out how we are going to get our horses without being seen?"
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Malazek on Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:01 pm

OOC: Swifthand told me at lunch today that he has a plan. It was fairly involved, so I am going to avoid "moving things along" until he has a chance to post (despite the usual 24 hour rule); that way, he can lay out all the intricacies himself. He is having a hectic week, however, so we may have to wait a little while for him to do so. 
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Swifthand on Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:30 am

OOC - Are there other horses ties up nearby?  What time is it, would I guess? Are there any good sight lines that could get us to the horses unseen from the cottage?

OOC2 (to Elodie and Jeremiah) Should I go back and tally the loot for record keeping purposes?


Talmut finally speaks.


"Clerics of Loki are not to be trusted, nor those that make their company.  Whoever this group is, their power is evident - they have an Adept of Conjuration amongst them, one that rivals my power.  I suggest we load the treasure inside a sarcophagus, and then we use the Scroll of Item Shrinking to reduce it's size.  Perhaps Elodie and I can blanket the area in a mist - I suggest we wait at least until dusk.  Then we race to the horses and back to town.  Does anyone have any other ideas?  I can also Grease and Web their cottage, buying us time, though that could be considered hostile..."  

HP:19/19 AC: 12 (16 M.A) Fort: +2, Ref: +3, Wil: +3 Init: +2
M.W. Quarterstaff: +0Atk 1d6-2
BAB: 1
Mov: 6
CMB: -1 | CMD: 11
Per: +0Spell Save DC=Spell Level+15, 17 Conj.
Spells Learned - 0: Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Read Magic; 1st: Grease, Obscuring Mist, Summon Monster 1, Summon Monster 1; 2nd: Summon Monster 2, Summon Monster 2, Web
Bonded Object - The Staff of Nu'll
Magic Items - Pearl of Jacobany, Pearl of Jacobany
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Alpha Omega on Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:27 am

Jeremiah looks to see if this cottage has a line of sight to the horses. If it doesn't he will suggest taking the treasure up from the spot that the party entered the dungeon from.

"I agree, no matter what course of action we take that treasure is heavy so shrinking it sounds like a fantastic idea."

OOC: If they don't have line of sight on the horses location we may be fine. Can we get a map of the layout up top here?

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Glitz on Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:24 pm

"That sounds like a wise plan, Talmut, although I am afraid I will not be able to provide any mist as cover unless we have an opportunity to rest. I could, however, start a fire a short distance away--maybe that would draw their attention long enough for us to mount the horses and get out of here? Jeremiah, unless I am mistaken, one of the windows has a clear view of our poor horses."

OOC: Swifthand--Elodie put the ring on, but only picked up the crown because no one else seemed to want to, so those are both on my character sheet currently--I haven't added anything else since we got down here, though. Some kind of group tally is probably a good idea!
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Swifthand on Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:52 pm

Talmut nods to Elodie's fire suggestion.


"That may serve better our purpose better than the mists.  Another idea - perhaps Maius could convince them the ruins were empty, or simply aid in our distraction?  Let us quickly load the sarcophogus; the spell will last all day, we might as well be ready to go."


OOC - Does Maius have any illusion spells?


OOC 2 - OK, Mal and I will check out the loots today.  I believe all magic items are listed on character sheets and accounted for, so we can total up the booty.
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Malazek on Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:47 pm

Talmut wrote:OOC - Are there other horses ties up nearby?
Nobody has spotted any other horses.

Talmut wrote:OOC - What time is it, would I guess?
Talmut would guess it's late in the morning, but not quite noon, yet.

Talmut wrote:Are there any good sight lines that could get us to the horses unseen from the cottage? 
Jeremiah wrote:OOC: If they don't have line of sight on the horses location we may be fine.
Most of the horses can be seen from cottage windows.

Jeremiah wrote:OOC: Can we get a map of the layout up top here?.
OOC: I will have one up shortly.

Talmut wrote:OOC - Does Maius have any illusion spells?
OOC: No, he does not.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Malazek on Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:29 pm

Shelter photo StephensRuinsShelter_zpsd21e77a5.png
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Swifthand on Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:26 pm

OOC Loots list
Gator skin 1 - Jeremiah
Silver Dagger - Jeremiah
32 g - Jeremiah
17 s - Jeremiah
52 c - Jeremiah
Ring of Chameleon Lord - Elodie
Crown of Chameleon Lord -Elodie
Scepter - Talmut
2 Scarab Brooches - sarcophogus
Gator skin 2 - Gumphry
5 s - Jeremiah
16 c - Jeremiah
Vicereine signet ring - Talmut
[5,000 Silver Coins, minted with the image of a hill on one side and the head of a monarch on the other. (In total, the coins weigh around 100 pounds)
500 Gold Coins, minted with an August Wolf on one side and the head of a monarch on the other. (In total, the coins weigh around 10 pounds)
1 Emerald (worth around 1000 gold pieces)
1 Sapphire (worth around 1000 gold pieces)
1 Ruby (worth around 2500 gold pieces). It would be worth more, but it's cracked through the center.
1 Jade Pendant, intricately carved into the likeness of a dragon, and suspended on a gold chain (worth around 500 gold pieces)] - Sarcophagus

1 Pair of old leather boots (brown) with elaborate gold and purple embroidery - Jerermiah


Last edited by Swifthand on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Swifthand on Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:20 pm

1. Send Gumphrey up the vertical entrance, with the ring, to untie the horses and clear the traps on the exit side (S13+S15) away from the cottage, and check for any new ones, stealth style.


2. Talmut will go to the hole and cast Obscuring Mist, and run, with the boots, back to the tunnel.


3. Everyone else is on the rope, ready to jump out, mount, and go. Jeremiah, Elodie, Maius.


4. When they go to investigate the mist, Gumphrey goes behind the wall (S row) and hands off the ring to Jeremiah (so on down the line), we then mount, and jet back to town.


5. Tal will be on the back of someone's horse (whoever's closest), and ready Web.
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Malazek on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:17 pm

OOC: Executing the plan ...

Gumphrey borrows the magical ring from Elodie and climbs up the rope. He takes a moment to check the area for traps and then moves to the eastern edge of the ruins to clear away Jeremiah's traps. At that point, the front door opens and out strolls two men. One is a tower of a man, clad in chainmail with a horned helm, and carrying a monstrous battle-axe. The other one is smaller, but still weather-worn, dressed in brown and green and carrying a crossbow. They approach cautiously, like they don't know what to expect ...

Jeremiah is at the top of the rope, followed by Elodie and then Maius. Talmut is still at the bottom of the rope, since he was waiting to go until Gumphrey signaled that all was clear.

OOC: Do you react to the sudden turn of events? Or just wait, allowing Gumphrey to continue with the plan as stated?
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Glitz on Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:04 pm

OOC: Maybe Jeremiah should call for Gumphrey to come back? He does have the ring on, though--maybe he can hide...
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Alpha Omega on Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:46 am

OOC: I think we should stick with the plan, maybe it's coincidence...

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Malazek on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:23 am

You hesitate. Elodie considers asking Jeremiah to say something, Jeremiah considers waiting and watching. Maius and Talmut aren't really sure what's happening, but nobody moves. Nobody but Gumphrey. He crouches behind the crumbled pillar and tries to remain silent.
 
The larger man slowly steps over to the gap right besides Gumphrey and peers in at the horses from the east.
The smaller man heads over to the right, and peers in from the wider gap on the south.
"I ton't see anytink."
"Yeah, me either. Go and get Mortin."

Then, Jeremiah sees the larger man head back to the cottage. As soon as he leaves, Gumphrey slips out to the north and disappears from view. A moment later, a scrawny man in a robe comes out, followed by hooded woman in black leather. The mage carries a gnarly staff. The woman: two fierce looking blades. The mage stares at the ruins for several seconds, and finally says 
"There's nobody. It was probably a rabbit or another one of those wolves."

Then, the mage goes back inside. The woman says 
"Let's just go back inside" to the last two, and then turns to follow the mage. The woodsman and the warrior exchange looks, and then turn to go inside, as well.

Several minutes pass before Gumphrey returns. He climbs back into the ruins from the same gap he left through. As soon as he does, the door of the cottage opens again and the woodsman comes running out. He runs back to the same spot as before, glances in at the horses, and then does a quick lap around the ruins. Gumphrey stands motionless, unsure what he should do. Then, the woman steps out and shouts 
"Anything?"

"No," the man replies.

The woman goes back inside, but the woodsman hangs back, keeping his bow drawn and his eyes on the ruins. He continues to pace to and fro, apparently unsatisfied with the "rabbit" answer.

Gumphrey waits for a clear opportunity, and then finishes collecting the two traps on the east side of the ruins. He won't be able to get the third.


As the man wanders, Gumphrey bides his time, waiting for the right moment to untie each horse. 

At that point, the mage pops his head out the door and says "Get in here, before someone sees you."

The woodsman nods, but turns back toward the ruins for a final look.

When the last horse is untied, Gumphrey signals to Jeremiah that he is done. Now, Jeremiah can relay the signal to Talmut, letting him know it's time .... 
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Swifthand on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Assuming Jeremiah sends the signal, Talmut runs to the hole and casts Obscuring Mist, and then runs back, moving up the rope.
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Malazek on Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:20 pm

Talmut runs to the hole without incident, climbs to the surface, and summons an obscuring mist. Immediately, he heads back into the tunnel, and starts making his way toward the rope.

Right after the mist appears (and before Talmut makes it back), the enemy woodsman spots the mist and shouts to the other. "Something is happening! Mortin! get out here."

The bigger warrior emerges from the door, followed by the mage you saw earlier. "That's an Obscuring Mist!" he blurts out.  "They're trying to get away! Quickly!"

The robe-wearer, the woodsman, and the axe-bearing warrior sprint off toward the hole. By the time they run off, Talmut has reached the bottom of the rope. (Nobody else has climbed up yet). The leather-clad woman runs through the door and chases after them.

Finally, the cleric of Loki strolls out. Dressed in plate armor, he does not chase after his companions. Instead, he lingers in the doorway, watching his allies from afar.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Glitz on Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:34 pm

Hearing the shouting at the surface, Elodie whispers to Jeremiah to climb the robe. "Now they know we're up to something! Go for it!"
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Alpha Omega on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:42 pm

Jeremiah will move to and mount his horse with as much stealth as he can manage...


OOC: I'll let you make the roll...
Stealth: +8 (2 Rank Class +3 Dex +3)

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Malazek on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:20 am

EDIT: Moved Post to after Jeremiah and Elodie's reply.


Last edited by Malazek on Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Alpha Omega on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:57 am

Jeremiah will ride south for the remainder of his action, (even if his only path out is through Q14). If he can get out through another section he will...

Horse
Large animal
Init +4; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +8

DEFENSE
AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+4 Dex, –1 size, +2 natural)
hp 19 (2d8+10)
Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3

OFFENSE
Speed 50 ft.
Melee bite +5 (1d4+5), 2 hooves +0 (1d6+2)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

STATISTICS
Str 20, Dex 18, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 17, Cha 11
Base Atk +1; CMB +7; CMD 21 (25 vs. trip)
Feats Endurance, RunB
Skills Perception +8

_________________
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.       -Plato

avatar
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945
Join date : 2010-01-17
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Malazek on Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:00 pm

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will ride south for the remainder of his action, (even if his only path out is through Q14). If he can get out through another section he will...
OOC: He can get out through Y17-18. Plowing through the debris will cost an extra square of movement.
OOC: He can get out through V16 (which is still trapped).
OOC: he can get out through V-W17 (but he'll have to plow through debris AND squeeze the horse through a smaller opening)
OOC: Q14 is to the west.


EDIT: I will assume he takes the first option.


Last edited by Malazek on Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Glitz on Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:13 pm

Seeing that the rest of her party should be able to make it to the horses, Elodie digs her heels in, urging Egan forward. "Go, Egan!"

Move: through the opening at Y17-18, to Y24 (Y23 if Jeremiah does not go through the debris first)
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Malazek on Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:14 pm

OOC: GM EDIT: New information incorporated.

OOC: Let's do this in initiative order ...

- Jeremiah = 19 (16 on the die)
- Elodie = 11 (10 on the die)
- Maius = 18 (16 in the die; will delay his action until Elodie is out of his way)
- Talmut = 15 (13 on the die. Assuming he started climbing last round, he'll have to delay until Maius moves)
- Gumphrey = 10 (7 on the die) Already standing at Y14

SURPRISE ROUND ...

- OOC: I will go ahead and file everyone out to the horses per the plan.

Init 19
Careful to stay hidden and silent, Jeremiah moves to the horse that is closest to the exit.
- Move: Move to U14.

Init 18
Maius Delays.

Init 15
Talmut Delays.
- OOC: I assume he delays, since Maius and Elodie are still above him on the rope.

Init 11
Elodie climbs out and moves to the next closest horse to the exit.
- Move: Climb 5 feet and move to U14.

Init 10
Maius does the same.
- Move: Climb 10 feet and move to W14.

Gumphrey mounts his horse.
Free Action: Attempt to Fast Mount. Ride Check = 18 (15 on the die) Fail
- Move: Mount the Horse

Init 9
Talmut climbs the the rest of the way up the rope.
- Move: Climb 15.
- Now, he is at the top of the rope. That's is far as he can get during the surprise round. 

OOC: Round 1 Initiative ...

- Slayer = 27 (19 on the die)
- Jeremiah = 19
- Viking = 15 (13 on the die)
- Elodie = 11
- Maius = 10
- Gumphrey = 10
- Talmut = 9
- Cleric = 9 (8 on the die)
- Woodsman = 8 (5 on the die)
- Mortin the Mage = 6 (1 on the die)

START OF ROUND 1 ...

Init 27
You hear the mage shouting. "They're back at the ruins! It's a trick! Go back, go back!"
- Free Action: Speak.

The woman in black leather is the first to react, moving back as quickly as she can.
- Move: Move to N9
- Standard: Move to Q14

Init 19
Jeremiah mounts his horse as quickly as possible, rides to the south-east side of the ruines, plows through the debris, and dires south.
- Free: Attempt to Fast Mount. Ride Check = 10 (7 on the die) Fail
- Move: Mount the Horse (at T13-14)
- Standard: Ride to Y17, move to Y18, Move to 21.

Init 15
The big guy with the axe is the nest to respond, heading back behind the woman. And he's fast.
- Move: Move to M10
- Standard: Move to R11

Init 10
Elodie mounts her horse as quickly as possible and follows Jeremiah, passing him in the field.
- Free: Attempt to Fast Mount. Ride Check = 13 (12 on the die) Fail
- Move: Mount the Horse (at U-V15)
- Standard: Ride to through Y17-18 to Y24

Init 10
Being in the safest spot already, Gumphrey waits for everyone else to move.
Delay.

Maius mounts his horse as quickly as possible ... and waits for Talmut.
- Free: Attempt to Fast Mount. Ride Check = 18 (16 on the die) Fail
- Move: Mount the Horse (at W15-16)
- Standard: Ready an action: Move when Talmut is on the horse.
- OOC: Elodie or Jeremiah could have done the same thing, but I figured I'd just have Maius do it and have it be done.

Init 9
Talmut hurries to get on Maius's horse.
Move: to X15
- Free: Attempt to Fast Mount. Ride Check = 10 (8 on the die) Fail
- Standard: Mount the Horse that Maius is on, thus triggering Maius's readied action.

With Talmut on the back of his horse, Maius wheels his horse around and takes off after the others.
- Readied Action Triggered: Move to through Y17-18 to Z24.

Gumphrey urges his horse to furious zeal, rides out the south end after everyone else and zips past them, hellbentforleather.
- Move/Standard: Gumphrey rides to Y33.

The cleric chases the party around the corner, stops short, and casts a spell. "Fall!"
- Move: Move to U18
- Standard: Cast Greater Command on everyone except Gumphrey.

- Maius's Will Save= 19 (16 on the die) Success.
- Talmut's Will Save= 20 (17 on the die) Success.
- Jeremiah's Will Save = 12 (7 on the die) Fail
- Elodie's Will Save = 20 (14 on the die) Success.

Jeremiah falls from his horse. (In to Z21)

Init 8 & 6
The mage and the woodsman run closer (they're still pretty far away).

GO AHEAD AND POST ACTIONS FOR ROUND 2 ...


Last edited by Malazek on Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Glitz on Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:55 pm

As she continues to flee, Elodie holds out her hand and calls out, summoning a creature to protect Jeremiah.

Standard: Cast Summon Nature's Ally I, summon Dog to W20.
Move: to Y34
avatar
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945
Join date : 2011-01-13
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Malazek on Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:21 pm

SR Fleeing 1 photo FleeingStephensRuins1_zpse8469899.png
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 46

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Adventure #2 - The Shadow Man

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum