Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O.o.C. for game

4 posters

Go down

O.o.C. for game Empty O.o.C. for game

Post  macksgarageusa Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:25 am

O.o.C.: Super frustrated right now, no I take that back, BEYOND frustrated. This new post reply window is complete garbage! I have no cursor at all when typing, cannot correct typos or content errors without holding down backspace and deleting whole post. Tried to quote Mal on Stevens map that he drew, unable to add \quote\ or \ /quote\ to my post, which made attaching the description way too much info. Yesterday had to log out and back in just to try to make one sensible reply, attempting to use copy and paste to save myself time proved futile. Mal, I'm not having any problems pushing send, just in trying to type in the field box. Please help...
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 237

Back to top Go down

O.o.C. for game Empty Re: O.o.C. for game

Post  macksgarageusa Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:30 am

O.o.C.: LoL to keep from kicking computer screen. Wanted to add this to above post but of course cannot edit without cursor! My posts will have to be very brief and without flavor until we can resolve this. Either that or I throw brick thru monitor and then no posts!
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:25 am

OOC: I don't have anyway to change the reply screen. They change something in the base program. I can't even edit the color, because there's no fields for it in forum configuration (probably because its new) ... but, I still have a cursor and html/bbc code still works for me. And I can edit. So, I'm not sure what's causing you to have those issues.

But I do have a suggestion. You could always type and edit your posts in MS Word & then copy and paste everything into the reply screen. Other than that, I don't know what else to do.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:50 pm

I am experiencing some problems as well so I understand your frustration, Mack.  Nothing else to add, but, since misery loves company, I thought you would appreciate having some.
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:06 am

well, it may not help but at least made me laugh. Thanks!
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:35 am

Mal, using a seperate word page and cut and paste seems to be working. Added extra step to posting, but at least not so frustrated.
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:02 pm

What Internet browser are you guys using? I would make sure everything is updated and if your still having problems click on the compatibility view icon ( need IE for this) and see if that helps. I would also try newer or older versions of Java to see if that improves the situation. I also noticed there are two editor modes in this new reply field, if I select the one mode it makes everything disappear. If I turn it off everything is displayed, including cursor.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Oh yeah. The editor mode toggle is the far right button  (looks like a sheet of paper).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:26 pm

Hello to all! My apologies for my hasty disappearance a while back, a little explanation may be in order. For those of you who know, I had struggled for years to find a reputable employee for my business. Early this year I got my wish and found someone already experienced (w00t, no training!) to be honest, a true journeyman in the field. All was good! Then about 3 months ago, he got an extremely lucrative job offer and abruptly left. My time and schedule was thrown into chaos, leaving nary a spare minute while I caught up.
Around the time I got that issue straightened out, my computer quit! After extensive repairs, my computer is not operating at maximum capacity, but I wanted to get on here with some quick words for everyone and say...
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:53 am

Happy Thanksgiving, to you, as well!

Yeah, it's always  bummer losing good people. Are you looking at new computers?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: