Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Swifthand on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:34 am

"I believe we have a friend in common in Reed Canfield. I was hoping we could do some business."

Diplomacy=19

-Swift
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  macksgarageusa on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:59 am

Straegis asks around to see if any of the Mage Corps might have a few Ruby Focus they would be willing to part with, or the components to create them.

PHB wrote:Optional Focus: You can extend the duration of this ritual indefinitely by using a focus of a small, jeweled eye made of silver and ruby, worth 100 gp. The ritual’s effects last as long as the focus remains within 20 squares of any of the eyes. You can hide or protect the ritual’s focus in any way you like, as long as it remains within 20 squares of the eyes.

O.o.C.: If possible, I would like to 2 or 3 of these, they cost 100 gp each so let me know if they are available. If they are like magic weapons that return to you then I would only need one.
avatar
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 237
Join date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Malazek on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:57 am

Straegis wrote:Straegis asks around to see if any of the Mage Corps might have a few Ruby Focus they would be willing to part with, or the components to create them.

O.o.C.: If possible, I would like to 2 or 3 of these, they cost 100 gp each so let me know if they are available. If they are like magic weapons that return to you then I would only need one.
A few of the high ranking officers have these and are willing to part with them.
OOC: Go ahead add them to your sheet. They don't even charge you.

Davin wrote:"I believe we have a friend in common in Reed Canfield. I was hoping we could do some business."

Diplomacy=19
"He told you about me, did he? He doesn't usually do that. ... Fine, fine. Come on in."
The front room of his cabin seems to be functioning as a makeshift laboratory of some sort.
"So, exactly what kind of business were you hoping to do here?"
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  151prooftattoos on Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:21 pm

"Unscuse me sirs, but 'ave we met ye b'fores?" If nigh not . . . no frets an' what nots."

Insight check on that question:

1d20+21=36
avatar
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Malazek on Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:37 pm

Vangg wrote:"Unscuse me sirs, but 'ave we met ye b'fores?" If nigh not . . . no frets an' what nots."

Insight check: 1d20+21=36
"Perhaps. Come to think of it, you two do look familiar ... and your manner of speech ..."
Vangg is sure they have met before, but can't quite recall from where. They must have spoken, as well, since he mentioned Vangg's peculiar way of talking ... but when would he have met Vangg AND Davin?

OOC: Note: Verity is also here,* but the old man did NOT indicate a sense of familiarity with HIM.
*He told me this on the phone; he just hasn't had a chance to post it
.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  151prooftattoos on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:27 pm

"No matters . . . mighthap ye spent o' times inst or benears dat bedamned Brackwasher? Like me sayeth, no matters . . . what ye 'ave fer we ta looks ats?"

Insight again:

1d20+21=23

OOC: Might be smarter to take 10's = sheesh on the rolls
avatar
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Malazek on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:46 pm

Vangg wrote:"No matters . . . mighthap ye spent o' times inst or benears dat bedamned Brackwasher?"

Insight again: 1d20+21=23
"Oh yes. I passed through there about a month ago, actually."

Vangg wrote:Like me sayeth, no matters . . . what ye 'ave fer we ta looks ats?"
"To look at? Well, I ... uh ... I don't know, really. Reed sent you, did he? Well, I'm sure you must have some idea of what to expect."

He slides a box out from under one table, and sets atop another. Keying the lock and opening the box, he displays a case full of "special" arrows. He then goes for the next box. The three of you notice there are dozens of boxes like this stored around the room. "Well, what's your fancy, then? Bolts? Arrows, perhaps. Vials? Powders? Whetstones? Special Reagents?"


Last edited by Malazek on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Malazek on Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:38 pm

Meawhile ...

While Davin and Vangg and Verity are gone, a team of Imperial tailors enter the area where Straegis and Alex are working. Trying not to distrub the ritual work, some of the tailors quietly slide in and start to measure Straegis and Alex. The others seem lost, staring about the room as if searching for something.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Swifthand on Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:23 pm

This dialogue occurs whenever Mal wants to interject it (in the past or a future opportunity prior to departing the Imperial City).

Davin take a long pull of his Imperial Stout, wiping the foam from his lip with the back of his clean sleeve.

"So, Emperor - where is Agatha and how did her story turn out? When we last left her, she was here with you...."

-Swift
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Swifthand on Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:38 pm

Malazek wrote:"Oh yes. I passed through there about a month ago, actually."

"Ahh - I hail from Brackwater. A good lot, those folk. That must be where we saw you. Ever frequent the Stewbowl?"


Malazek wrote:"To look at? Well, I ... uh ... I don't know, really. Reed sent you, did he? Well, I'm sure you must have some idea of what to expect."

He slides a box out from under one table, and sets atop another. Keying the lock and opening the box, he displays a case full of "special" arrows. He then goes for the next box. The three of you notice there are dozens of boxes like this stored around the room. "Well, what's your fancy, then? Bolts? Arrows, perhaps. Vials? Powders? Whetstones? Special Reagents?"

"Well, first, I have these arrows that Reed gave me, but I no longer use a bow, I switched to a crossbow. I was hoping to trade them for their like in bolts."

  • 1 Smoke Arrows (Obscures an Area Burst 1 until the End of your Next Turn)
  • 1 Tanglefoot Arrow (Immobilizes Target for one turn, and then slows Target for another)
  • 1 Silvered Arrow
  • 2 Humming Bulbs
  • 1 Grapple Arrow (5/10 Range)

"Also, I would like to buy any other special bolts you have prepared. You have special whetstones? What are those about?

-Swift
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Halcyon on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:02 pm

Malazek wrote:OOC: Note: Verity is also here,* but the old man did NOT indicate a sense of familiarity with HIM.
*He told me this on the phone; he just hasn't had a chance to post it.

OCC: Actually I had a chance to post it and did, and somehow it was deleted.

Verity looks around the shop. He'll aid Davin's diplomacy and take over price negotiations if the other's would like.
avatar
Halcyon
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 431
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  macksgarageusa on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:31 pm

Feeling extremely uncomfortable with being prodded and measured, Straegis takes a step back and says to all those in the room (including the ones who look lost) "You there, what are you all doing in here? Is there something we can help you find?"

O.o.C: After some research and a few questions, I've decided to sell the chainmail of exploits +2, and craft a set of Eladrin Braidmail. Here are the stats. I will accept any reasonable offer on the old armor. Since I'm not upgrading this will cost a total of 3,400 gp more than before. Removed that amount from my character sheet.
Straegis wrote:Eladrin Braidmail Armor
AC: +8
Level: 13, 17,000 gp
Enhancement: AC +3
Property: Add 2 squares to the distance of my Fey Step.
This armor has no speed or skill check penalties.
avatar
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 237
Join date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  magicspellz12 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:06 pm

My posts aren't showing!

DM EDIT: That's weird. This one did.
What's it doing exactly? Maybe I can figure out why
.
avatar
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 606
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Malazek on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:41 pm

Davin wrote:"Ahh - I hail from Brackwater. A good lot, those folk. That must be where we saw you. Ever frequent the Stewbowl?"
"No, no. Can't say that I have."

Davin wrote:"Well, first, I have these arrows that Reed gave me, but I no longer use a bow, I switched to a crossbow. I was hoping to trade them for their like in bolts."
  • 1 Smoke Arrows (Obscures an Area Burst 1 until the End of your Next Turn)
  • 1 Tanglefoot Arrow (Immobilizes Target for one turn, and then slows Target for another)
  • 1 Silvered Arrow
  • 2 Humming Bulbs
  • 1 Grapple Arrow (5/10 Range)

"Also, I would like to buy any other special bolts you have prepared. You have special whetstones? What are those about?
He continues talking as he trades out your items and lays out others to look at. "I have a great many bolts, archer. What did you say your name is? And the whetstones are a nifty little thing, they are. Simply sharpen your blades with one, and they confer an alchemical property upon the weapon."

OOC: You can switch out those arrows for bolts, no problem. In addition, you may purchase as many additional bolts as you can afford (priced as per our discussion yesterday). He has all the types Reed has been seen using, and many others (in fact, if you have a suggestion for a new one, fee free to ask for it; chances are he has it). He cannot make anything higher than level 8.

His alchemical whetstones work just like the magical whetstones found on pages 189-190 of the AV.
His special reagents can be found on pages 192-194.


Swifthand wrote:This dialogue occurs whenever Mal wants to interject it (in the past or a future opportunity prior to departing the Imperial City).

Davin take a long pull of his Imperial Stout, wiping the foam from his lip with the back of his clean sleeve. "So, Emperor - where is Agatha and how did her story turn out? When we last left her, she was here with you...."
Great timing ...

When Davin and Vangg and Verity return from Thaddeus Crane's cottage, the Emperor pulls them into the Officer's Lounge. "Come in, lets' have a beer and tak."

That's when Davin asks his question. "Well, sadly, she was injured; but she seemed to recover just fine. As soon as you left, she searched the city for that evil sister of hers ... but eventually some soldiers found her withered and bloodied and lying in a drain ditch. The medics patched her up as best as they could, but she insisted on leaving before they were quite done. And that was that. She was headed in southwestardly direction, if that means anything."

Taking another draw from his mug, he adds "Say, listen. You three have done quite a lot for the Empire these past few weeks. I'd like to reward you in some fashion. Davin, Verity: how does the rank of "Lt. Colonel" sound to you? It wouldn't have to come with any day-to-day busy work, mind you. Just the ability to continue your heroic efforts more-or-less impeded, and with support of my armies."

He looks over at Vangg, "Master Vangg, I know you don't consider yourself a Dwarven citizen any more, but does that mean your Imperial citizen? If so, I'd be happy to offer you a similiar rank as Chaplain, if you'd be so inclined."

"I cannot offer your other friends Straegis and Alex such ranks, because they are both citizens of foreign lands; but I would like to show them the proper amount of gratitude. Any suggestions on how I might do that?"
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Malazek on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:46 pm

Straegis wrote:Feeling extremely uncomfortable with being prodded and measured, Straegis takes a step back and says to all those in the room (including the ones who look lost) "You there, what are you all doing in here? Is there something we can help you find?"
They answer, "we we're told yo get your measurements ... you know, for the banquet."

Straegis wrote:I will accept any reasonable offer on the old armor. Since I'm not upgrading this will cost a total of 3,400 gp more than before. Removed that amount from my character sheet.
The trade-in value on +2 Armor of Exploits is 680 gold; however, you guys are getting full value on items at the moment. The imperial army needs them. So that's 3,400 gp; an even exchange.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  151prooftattoos on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:45 pm

At the cottage: "Mighty fine wares ye 'ave. Any secret wares an pastor o' da Queen might fancies an' what nots?"


Back in the city: "Chaplain WoeVangg Rinh . . . me taketh dat w' 'onors. As fer we friends? Mayhap dep'ya'tizeth dem as Ambassadors ta city?"
avatar
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  magicspellz12 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:56 am

OOC: I posted twice saying what he would do today, and now its working! Well...it wasn't.

Alex arranges a teleporting courier for 270gp.
avatar
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 606
Join date : 2009-08-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Malazek on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:24 am

Vangg wrote: "As fer we friends? Mayhap dep'ya'tizeth dem as Ambassadors ta city?"
"Well, they're already ambassadors, really. Still, perhaps you're right; formalizing that fact might do. Thank you."
"Before I forget: make sure you three see the Imperial Tailors after lunch. Alright?"


Last edited by Malazek on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Malazek on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:25 am

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex arranges a teleporting courier for 270gp.
The man heads off to Jaru, in search of Katrina.
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  macksgarageusa on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:24 am

Malazek wrote:They answer, "we we're told yo get your measurements ... you know, for the banquet."

"Measurements... for what banquet?" He doesn't even wait for them to answer before continuing "That explains you two, somewhat... you there, what are you looking for? Are you lost?" He begins to head in their direction, determined to find out what they are up to.
avatar
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 237
Join date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Malazek on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:40 am

macksgarageusa wrote:"you there, what are you looking for? Are you lost?" He begins to head in their direction, determined to find out what they are up to.
"We're looking for the others; your companions. We need to measure them, too."
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  151prooftattoos on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:38 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:At the cottage: "Mighty fine wares ye 'ave. Any secret wares an pastor o' da Queen might fancies an' what nots?"
avatar
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Malazek on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:51 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:At the cottage: "Mighty fine wares ye 'ave. Any secret wares an pastor o' da Queen might fancies an' what nots?"
Aside from bolts and arrows, this is what he has ...
Malazek wrote:His alchemical whetstones work just like the magical whetstones found on pages 189-190 of the AV.
His special reagents can be found on pages 192-194.
He cannot make anything higher than level 8.
OOC: In particuliar, Brightleaf and Darkclover and Desert Rose might interest Vangg (pg 193)
avatar
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

http://arcaneasylum.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  151prooftattoos on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Vangg finds he is not too interested in any of the wares . . .

OOC: Will pick up speech back in the city
avatar
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Swifthand on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:55 pm

Malazek wrote:He continues talking as he trades out your items and lays out others to look at. "I have a great many bolts, archer. What did you say your name is? And the whetstones are a nifty little thing, they are. Simply sharpen your blades with one, and they confer an alchemical property upon the weapon."

OOC: You can switch out those arrows for bolts, no problem. In addition, you may purchase as many additional bolts as you can afford (priced as per our discussion yesterday). He has all the types Reed has been seen using, and many others (in fact, if you have a suggestion for a new one, fee free to ask for it; chances are he has it). He cannot make anything higher than level 8.

His alchemical whetstones work just like the magical whetstones found on pages 189-190 of the AV.
His special reagents can be found on pages 192-194.

Davin buys (for 3,150 gp)...
  • 5 Tanglefoot Bolts
  • 50 Acid Bolts
  • 20 Frost Bolts
  • 1 Vial of Sovereign Glue
  • 10 Smokesticks


"Thanks and a pleasure doing business, Mr. Crane. I hope we can do some more in the future."

With that, the Ranger returns to HQ for lunch with the Emperor.

Malazek wrote:Great timing ...

When Davin and Vangg and Verity return from Thaddeus Crane's cottage, the Emperor pulls them into the Officer's Lounge. "Come in, lets' have a beer and tak."

That's when Davin asks his question. "Well, sadly, she was injured; but she seemed to recover just fine. As soon as you left, she searched the city for that evil sister of hers ... but eventually some soldiers found her withered and bloodied and lying in a drain ditch. The medics patched her up as best as they could, but she insisted on leaving before they were quite done. And that was that. She was headed in southwestardly direction, if that means anything."

"I hope she is alright. She is a good ally, though often misunderstood, I believe."

Malazek wrote:Taking another draw from his mug, he adds "Say, listen. You three have done quite a lot for the Empire these past few weeks. I'd like to reward you in some fashion. Davin, Verity: how does the rank of "Lt. Colonel" sound to you? It wouldn't have to come with any day-to-day busy work, mind you. Just the ability to continue your heroic efforts more-or-less impeded, and with support of my armies."

He looks over at Vangg, "Master Vangg, I know you don't consider yourself a Dwarven citizen any more, but does that mean your Imperial citizen? If so, I'd be happy to offer you a similiar rank as Chaplain, if you'd be so inclined."

"I cannot offer your other friends Straegis and Alex such ranks, because they are both citizens of foreign lands; but I would like to show them the proper amount of gratitude. Any suggestions on how I might do that?"

At the offer, Davin's face beams with barely disguised pleasure.

"Lt. Colonel! It would be an honour, Sir. It will help give my...I mean our visit to the Femdrell an air of legitimacy. Umm, does that mean I get a uniform...with badges? Frater and Reed were just telling me how women love a man in uniform...with badges."


After lunch, Davin makes his way back to Alex and Straegis to show off his new bolts and compare magical goodies with his friends. Finding the tailors waiting there for him, he fidgets through a sizing, much to the consternation of the measurer. If Vangg shows off his Healer's Sash and mentions charging it, Davin will spend a Healing Surge today to do so.

-Swift
avatar
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum