Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  151prooftattoos on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:02 am

Halcyon wrote:Verity - HP:98/98 AC:28 Fort:23 Ref:23 Will:25 Healing Surges: 11/11 Action Points:0 Init:27

Minor: Challenge dwarf on ramp
Standard: Charge (if room) or Holy Strike dwarf
18 on die to hit, 3 on die for damage
Move: shift or move forward if I killed him.
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:02 am

macksgarageusa wrote:O.O.C.: Are the dwarves running up the ramp grouped together? Tell ya what, I'll make two attack posts- one based on a group, let's say 4 or more (but hopefully 9) within area burst 1, and one based on just another single ranged handaxe attack. Please edit out the one that doesn't fit.

Straegis II: HP:75/75 AC:24 Fort:23 Ref:23 Will:20 Healing Surges:8/8 Action Points:1

Straegis takes quick appraisal of the oncoming threat and moves himself to the appropriate position to inflict the most damage with his next attack.

Move: To make next attack.
Standard: Ranged Attack on Dwarf(s?) heading up the ramp.

Handaxe:
Attack: 1d20=18+12=30
Damage: 1d6=4+5=9

Scorching Burst:
Attack(vs. Reflex): (9x)1d20+10=13, 19, 21, 27, 15, 20, 12, 26, 14
Damage: 1d6=5+5=10

O.O.C.: Didn't know how many dwarves would be in the burst so I gave ya 9 rolls. Smile
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:03 am

Malazek wrote:OOC: Remember I said I had something special planned for the maps? Here it comes. Sectionals. War is hectic and chaotic; so the maps (and recaps) may come at you in segments!

Round 5 East

Init 27
Davin enters a defensive stance, reading to shoot at all who oppose him. Then, with clarity and precision, he sends an arrow flying far into the ranks, striking one of the commanders.

Init 22
Heeding the elf's request, Mordax struts to the hunters side; Axe and Hammer at the ready. He readies to bludgeon any who dare approach.

Init 16
The crossbow-toting Bolters take aim, and loose their bolts upon the heroes.
CRIT! vs Mordax. 17 Damage
31 vs. Davin. 17 Damage
19 vs. Straegis. Miss.
21 vs Straegis. Miss.
CRIT! vs Straegis. 17 Damage
1 vs. Straegis. Botch.

Init 13
Carefully, Straegis steps down the ramp, and hurls a ball of fire toward the base of the incline; six Dwarves are caught in the blast, but only four are scortched by it (and none fall).
Three of those four are now bloodied

Init 10
Joining their Bolter-kin, the hammer-swinging Dwarves rush up at Straegis, hoping to push their way to the top of the wall. The closest one crashes into the Marshal with his hammer AND shield, but the Eladrin holds his ground.
14 & 13 vs Straegis. Miss & Miss.

Just a a few yards from there, more Hammerer rush at Mordax and Hound. Davin's arrow finds a home in the chest of one, but the hearty Dwarf presses on; the other dodges Mordax's Hammer! The two Dwarves crash into their foes shield first, and the follow

I5 Hammerer is Bloodied by SCS.
Mordax: 20 vs Hammerer: Miss. Mordax's Initiative is now 10
25 vs Mordax. Miss.
15 vs Mordax. Miss.
32 vs Hound. 6 Damage and Hound is Knocked Prone
25 vs Hound. 5 Damage

Init 8
Hound gets back to his feet and bites the assailing Dwarf, dealing a grevious wound to the already bloodied enemy.

Since he got knocked Prone before his initiative, moving to a flank would have meant giving up his attack; so he attacked.

Round 5 West

Init 27
Challening the lead Dwarf on the ramp, Verity charges down the ramp ready to slay; but the foe's hearty Dwarven armor protects him.

Init 15
The lead Dwarf smashes Verity with his shield, and follows up with hammer; but the knight's armor proves equally hardy.
16 & 14 vs Verity; Miss & Miss.

His hammer-carrying kin clamor for their turn to hit Verity.

Init 11
Unable to position, Taalgarnuk throws a dagger and yells.
18 vs Hammerer. Miss
Free: "Brutha Vangg! Diss iss gonna be an messiess"

Init 10
The seven Bolters fire.
1 vs Verity. Botch.
CRIT! vs Verity. 17 Damage
1 vs Verity. Botch.
14 vs Taal. Miss.
28 vs Taal. 17 Damage
CRIT! vs Taal. 17 Damage

OOC: Five Crits so far? And three Natual 1s.

Round 5 Top of the Wall

Vangg continues to use "Lance of Faith," lighting up his former kinsman with the searing power of the da Queen. On the otherside of the battle, Juugug does the same.

Jenna peers down the length of parapets to see what Alex is up to ... but the battle-hardened Maelstrom pays no attention, blasting the Dwarves below with icy rays of destruction. Impressed, Jenna does the same. (Garret maintains his position, determined to die if necessary; no Dwarf shall reach his mistress).

Reed's Rangers rain down arrows on the far ranks, sending their projectiles over the baiely and into the crowd of Dwarfs. Made of stone or not, even Dwarves could not withstand this storm for long.

Reed, however, does not join his subordinates in their concentrated fire. His eye follows Davin's arrow, and when it hits, he takes aim with one of his special arrows. Carefully, he angles his bow for maximum distance and fires. His arrow soars over the battle and strikes a lone target amidst the madness. The commander staggers for a bit, still bleeding from Davin's arrows and now burning from Reed's; within seconds, he collapses. (One commander down; several to go).

Round 5 Main Battle

Kersh gets ahead of the troops, wading into the thick of battle with his flail flying wildly; but when the Warhulk pins his attention on one Dwarf, that one Dwarf is quickly demolished by the flail.

Frater continues to lead his troops, swinging his sword and yelling commands. Creating a a wedge through the Dwarven ranks, the Imperial forces follow order and push, push, push. Olivia's Velatin Vanguard strike over the humans, impaling Dwarves with the long pikes and trying to hold ground.

But the Dwarves don't take this lying down. Striking back, they make sure the toll of war is a pricy one; as many Imperials have fallen as Dwarves. With a wedge driven through their ranks, the pincers of their formation come around and begin to surround the invading forces. But watery magic from within the ranks slows the movement of the new formation, and kills several Dwarves at once.

Kradag and his hunters leave formation, harrying the Dwarves. Some strike the pincer formation; others strike those Dwarves who would have joined the fight at the wall (preventing even more from making it to the ramp).

... And then the bombs start to fall. Azzy drops the first of Taalgarnuk's explosive barrels. From this distance, you can't tell how many Dwarves have perished, but the explosion is difficult to miss; anyone caught in that blast either perished or suffered miserably. And then the death angel drops a second bomb, achieving similiar results.

Onto Round 6 ...
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:03 am

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis II: HP:58/75 AC:24 Fort:23 Ref:23 Will:20 Healing Surges:8/8 Action Points:1

Hit by the incoming bolt just before he attacks, Straegis slashes into the hammerer in front of him and shouts, "Tyrol, ba tel maena fral gravin aci!" (Cousin, try to finish off a bolter first!) Perhaps thinking the bolter had incapacitated Straegis, his attack catches the dwarves by surprise, allowing Davin to attack again.

Standard: Surprise Attack on Hammerer at G8(?)
Free: Shout to Davin.

Attack: +16 vs. AC against Hammerer.
Damage: 1d8+10

O.O.C.: Invisible Castle is down, please roll for me. On Hit, Davin can make a basic attack +5 on a target of his choice (Warlord- Surprise Attack).

DM EDIT: 26 to hit; 11 Damage.
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:04 am

Malazek wrote:
macksgarageusa wrote:at G8(?)
OOC: Good call. Letters across the top & Numbers down the side. A1 is the upper left corner.
(In otherwords, G8 is exactly right).
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 59/71; AC 25 Fort 20 Ref 23 Will 22; Healing Surges=8/8, SV:18, Action Points=0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hound: HP 99/105; AC 20 Fort 17 Ref 17 Will 15; Healing Surges=8/8 SV:26, Action Points=1

"Nice shot, Reed! The next target is about 10 yards northwest of me; big red beard."

Seeing his first target fall, Davin picks another Dwarven Commander out of the fray, takes aim, and lets loose a bolt from his mighty Crossbow.

Round 6, Davin
Initiative - 27
Move - Designate 6 closest Dwarves as my Hunter's Quarry
Minor – Activate Hemingr's Precision
Standard – Twin Strike Dwarven Commander
Free - Ranged Basic Attack Dwarven Commander

Twin Strike 1=27
Twin Strike 2=29
Ranged Basic Attack=35
TS1 Damage=11
TS2 Damage=16
RBA Damage=21
Spitting Cobra Stance=39 (natch)
SCS Damage=22
Crit Damage=12
HQ Damage=24

Spitting Cobra Stance goes off against any one target that gets closer to Davin within 5 sq., preferably an untouched Hammerer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 6, Hound
Initiative=8
Move - None
Minor - Designate I5 Hammerer as Hunter's Quarry
Standard - Hit and Run I5 Hammerer

Hit and Run=29 (natch)
Damage=9
HQ Damage=6

-Swift
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:Verity - HP: 64/98 AC: 28 Fort: 23 Ref: 23 Will: 25 Healing Surges: 11/11 Action Points: 0 Init: 27

Minor: Break off crossbow bolts protruding from chest
Move: Throw them at offending Bolters
Standard: Enfeebling Strike dwarf
31 to hit, 8 damage and he’s -2 to hit.

OCC: I added a couple squares to Mal's map to show roughly where Alex and Vangg stand on the wall (Near the edge, looking 50 feet down at dwarf soldiers.)

DM EDIT: I deleted it. For one thing, their positions were inaccurate. For another, I left them off the map ON PURPOSE (hence why I said: "I had something special planned for the maps ... War is hectic and chaotic; so the maps (and recaps) may come at you in segments!")

Furthermore, a map isn't needed to stand still and make ranged attacks from the safety of the wall. If they want to join you in the fight on the ramp, then I will add them to it. If any of the Dwarves make it up there, then I will present a map of the parapets. For now, this will do fine; in fact, better than fine.

Also, it's only 50 feet on the FRONTside of the wall. The ground is higher on the Dwarf's side, so it's only a 40 foot drop (not that anyone measured it)
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:05 am

Malazek wrote:Recap & Resolution ...

Round 6 East

Init 27
Loading quickly, the hunter selects new prey, and sends two deadly bolts into the fray; the Dwarven commander staggers, and bleeds all over his troops. Meanwhile, Davin maintains his defensive stance.

Init 16
The elf's crossbow can only be matched by the sheer number of Dwarfs' crossbows.
30 vs Mordax; Miss.
CRIT! vs Davin. 17 Damage
31 vs Straegis. 10 Damage
25 vs Straegis. 10 Damage
20 vs Straegis. Miss.
18 vs Straegis. Miss.

Init 13
Feigning defeat, Straegis returns with a devastating strike; slaying the already wounded Dwarf before him ... the "turn of events" shocks those who were watching, giving Davin the opportunity to send another bolt toward the Commander.

Init 10
Determined, Mordax continues to swing his mighty hammer with equally dissappointing results.
20 vs AC; Miss

The Hammerers press forward. One takes a bolt in the face as he steps forward, and drops to the ground; dead. The others have better luck; but only only one manages a wound on the heroes.
18 vs Straegis (Shield). Miss.
24 vs Straegis (Axe). 8 Damage
18 vs Hound (Hammer). Miss.
18 vs Mordax. Miss.

Init 8
Lying prone, Hound bores his teeth into the already bloody Hammerer ... but again the resilience of Dwarves proves astounding. The longbeard refuses to fall.

Round 6 East

Init 27
Holding his ground, Verity lobs broken bolt stems at his foe ... along with a jib of his blade.

Init 15
Again, only one Dwarf can get his hammer at the knight; the rest are forced to wait their turn ... though, they begin to look around for other paths to battle.
24 vs. Verity; Miss

Init 11
Taalgarnuk delays.

Init 10
The Bolters reload and fire.
19 vs Verity. Miss.
25 vs Verity. Miss.
18 vs Verity. Miss.
20 vs Verity. Miss.
20 vs Verity. Miss.

Init 9
Taalgarnuk moves down the ramp, to support Verity and to prevent the Dwarves from shoving him back up the ramp. Concerned for the well-being of his fellow Cave-Templar, the Kobold says a Healing Word.
Verity can spend a surge and gains an extra +2d6+2
Taal's Init is now 9

Round 6 Top of the Wall

Vangg uses "Lance of Faith" again, and steps toward the edge of the wall.
OOC: Vangg, Verity & Taalgarnuk have requested your help on the ramp. You can step into their map, or stay on the wall. It's your call.

On the other end, Juugug sends Lances of Faith into the Dwarves below.
Jenna and Alex continue to pour deadly waters onto the battle field.
OOC: Alex, same deal. You can stay on the wall and fire at your leisure (for now) or you can head to ground level and make it more personal. Your call.

Again, Reed's talented aim proves astounding; his arrow finds the same mark as Davin's bolt ... slaying the dying commander in the distance.

Meanwhile, his Ranger's continue to strike the distant troops with a tempest of fletchery; unchallenged, their arrows are proving to be the death of many Dwarves.

Round 6 Main Battle

Kersh wades further and further into the clutch, though it's clear he's been injured; surrounded by Dwarves, his dire predicament becomes apparent.

Frater and his troops press on, trying to keep up with the Ogre; though many Dwarves are slain in the march, there are too many for the Imperials to reach the warhulk. The Eladrin spearmen continue to provide support, their weapons reaching through the ranks and skewering many Dwarves.

Olivia's mind reaches out (through the power of OHOM), searching for on-the-fly tactical adjustments from the Marshal.*

The Dwarf's attempted pincer formation breaks; thanks to the residents of Imil and Malbog ... the sides of the battle turn quickly to a series of man-on-man skirmishes; something Kradag's hunter's are perfectly happy with.

Azzy drops another exploding barrel; filling the air with smoke and burning chunks of Dwarf. ... But then a well-placed bolt hits one of the remaining barrels, and the entire stockpile explodes with a horrific pop and a blinding flash ... a smoldering mess of black-feathered bone falls into the crowd.

*Straegis: As a Minor Action next round, drop a Tactics Roll (let's call that a History Roll). I'll apply Circ modifiers afterwards.

Onto Round 7 ...
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

151prooftattoos wrote:WoeVangg: HP: 86/86 AC:24 Fort:20 Ref:18 Will:26 Healing Surges:11/11 AP:1

Standard: Cast Consecrated Ground on the most damaging area
Move: Move to Tal and Verity's area

Free: Yell / Activate Shield Power (If anyone uses a healing power - Vangg will give the shield benefit to whoever is in line of sight and has the least amount of HPS - give them max.

OOC: Waiting to cast heals until needed badly

"Use ye trickages ta 'eal yeselves fer da moments! Smash da stumpy leggered dwarfs!"
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:Verity - HP: 64/98 AC: 28 Fort: 23 Ref: 23 Will: 25 Healing Surges: 10/11 Action Points: 0 Init: 27

Standard: miss
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:06 am

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 42/71; AC 25 Fort 20 Ref 23 Will 22; Healing Surges=8/8, SV:18, Action Points=0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hound: HP 99/105; AC 20 Fort 17 Ref 17 Will 15; Healing Surges=8/8 SV:26, Action Points=1

"Mordax, move back with me so I can get a shot at the Hammerer."

"Cyl, Shas!" ("Hound, Back!")

"Reed, to the east less than 10 yards, wielding hammer and axe."

O.O.C. - Spitting-Cobra Stance triggers if an enemy within 5 sq. moves closer to me. If we all shift back 1, I will get a free attack on the G4 Hammerer when he shifts closer to attack Mordax.

Round 7, Davin
Initiative - 27
Move - Shift back to G7
Minor – Designate 5 closest Dwarves as my Hunter's Quarry
Standard – Twin Strike Dwarven Commander

Twin Strike 1=34
Twin Strike 2=29
TS1 Damage=11
TS2 Damage=16
Spitting Cobra Stance=34
SCS Damage=19
HQ Damage=20

Please let me know if a Commander hits an ally. I may want to use Disruptive Shot to add a bit of damage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malazek wrote:Init 8
Lying prone, Hound bores his teeth into the already bloody Hammerer ... but again the resilience of Dwarves proves astounding. The longbeard refuses to fall.

O.O.C. - Hound stood up on Round 5, I believe.

Round 7, Hound
Initiative=8
Minor - Designate I5 Hammerer as Hunter's Quarry
Standard - Hit and Run I5 Hammerer
Move - Shift to H7

Hit and Run=12
Damage=miss
HQ Damage=miss

O.O.C. - Invisible Castle is down, so I rolled my rolls with dice at home. Ignore the links, they are from Round 6.

-Swift
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Swifthand wrote:Hound stood up on Round 5, I believe.
OOC: You are correct. I forgot that his Initiative was after the Hammerer's; was thinking he hadn't had a chance yet. The correction is noted and will be accounted for
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:Belowing, Mordax crashes through the crowd to Davin's side, lashing out with a timed rythm belying years of wielding bludgeoning weapons.

OOC: Not sure how this works; readied action doesn't seem quite right. Mordax will crush any who come close enough to threaten the fragile elf. If faced with a crowd, he'll move forward and unleash the thunderous power of the dwarven hammer. Also, still no internet at home - can you roll for me again?
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis II: HP:30/75 AC:24 Fort:23 Ref:23 Will:20 Healing Surges:8/8 Action Points:1

Straegis continues whaling on the dwarves as they come up the ramp toward him, determined to keep them from reaching the top. Suddenly, he senses Olivia calling out to him for tactical guidance, he takes a brief moment to try to locate her and also takes note of the battlefield layout. That is when he sees Azzy fall to the ground.

Move: To G8.
Minor: Tactics roll to aid Olivia.
Standard: Attack Dwarf Bolter at H8.

History(for Tactics Assist): 1d20=7+17=24

Attack: 1d20=8+16=24
Damage: 1d8=2+10=12

O.O.C.: I moved to G8 because I was pretty sure you said that dwarf hammerer was dead from my attack at Init 13, but then you said he attacked me at Init 10. I went ahead and subtracted the hit points, if he is still alive then I will not move, I'll just attack him again.

Round 6 East

Init 13
Feigning defeat, Straegis returns with a devastating strike; slaying the already wounded Dwarf before him...

Init 10
The Hammerers press forward. One takes a bolt in the face as he steps forward, and drops to the ground; dead. The others have better luck; but only only one manages a wound on the heroes.
18 vs Straegis (Shield). Miss.
24 vs Straegis (Axe). 8 Damage
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:07 am

151prooftattoos wrote:Vangg yells to Juugug . . .

"Juugug! 'eal dem scrawnin' Elfs!"

OOC: Use shield power (instead) if/when Juugug heals Straegis (if applicable). Straegis should also benefit from CG (if in the area) as he is bloodied. Didn't realize Davin and Straegis were so low on Hps. How far away fom them is Vangg?

~~~Healing Sun come quick~~~
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
macksgarageusa wrote:O.O.C.: I moved to G8 because I was pretty sure you said that dwarf hammerer was dead from my attack at Init 13, but then you said he attacked me at Init 10. I went ahead and subtracted the hit points, if he is still alive then I will not move, I'll just attack him again.
He died; but another "pressed forward" to that same spot.
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
151prooftattoos wrote:How far away fom them is Vangg?
75 or 80 feet (Straegis is 16 Squares from Vangg's new position; Davin is 17).
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:08 am

Round 7 East

Init 27
Yelling for a repositioning, Davin puts his back to the wall and sends another Bolt toward one of the distant Dwaren commanders.

Init 16
The Bolters also reposition, forming a deadly circle around the heroes.
26 vs Davin. 12 Damage
29-8 vs Davin. DM EDIT: Disrupted! (Would have been 13 Damage).
26 vs Davin. 12 Damage
18 vs Straegis. Miss
14 vs Straegis. Miss
25 vs Straegis. 11 Damage
CRIT! vs Straegis. 17 Damage

Init 15
Following Vangg's urgent suggestion, Juugug races to the ramp and says a Healing Word for Straegis; Vangg's shield empowers Straegis' recovery, filling the Eladrin with soothing energies.
Straegis can Spend a Surge and gain excalty 40 HP

Init 13
Straegis surveys the ongoing battle, taking stock of distant troops movements and positioning. Quickly, he relays a mental command to Olivia, granting her the benefit of his Tactical insight.

Then, he stabs a Dwarf.

Init 10
Mordax crashes forward and slams his hammer down, catching two of the Bolters in the blast.
14 vs Bolter. Miss. Mordax Marks the Bolter.
30 vs Bolter. 8 Damage. Mordax Marks the Bolter.
(I think this is kinda what you wanted to do?).

The Hammerers continue to push against the heroes ... again, Davin's cathes one as he rushes forward; slaying the old hammerman. The last one on the floor swings at the dog. Those on the ramp rush up to fill the gaps left by the Bolters; the top one swings at Straegis.
14 vs Hound. Miss.
CRIT! vs Straegis. 13 Damage

Init 8
Hound nips back, and then backs up to Davin's side.

Round 7 West

Init 27
Verity winds up with his sword and misses.

Init 16
Yelling outloud to Juugug, Vangg moves closer to Verity and Taalgarnuk and creates his patented Ground of Consecration.

Init 15
The highest Hammerer on the ramp burns inside the Consecrated Ground, but still takes a swing at Verity; but misses. The Dwarf directly behind him burns also, but cannot find an opportunity to attack.

The Hammerers on the ground stow their Hammer momentarily, and pull out their smaller throwing hammers. Taking aim, they throw their hammers at Vangg. One of them yells "Take that ye traitor!"
14 vs Verity. Miss.
27 vs Vangg. 9 Damage
21 vs Vangg. Miss.
14 vs Vangg. Miss.
14 vs Vangg. Miss.

Init 10
The Bolter on thr ramp burns in the Consecrated Ground, but then leaves. All of the Bolters then begin to form a line. Even before their formation is complete, they fire.
19 vs Vangg. Miss.
14 vs Vangg. Miss.
CRIT! vs Vangg. 17 Damage
1 vs Verity. Miss.
26 vs Verity. Miss.
27 vs Verity. Miss.
CRIT! vs Taalgarnuk. 17 Damage

Init 9
Taalgarnuk holds his spot to prevent Verity from being pushed back. He also throws a dagger; but misses.

Round 7 Atop the Wall

Atop the wall, Jenna and Alex continue to devastate the battle yonder with watery powers of destruction. The Rangers do the same by sending volley after volley into the distance.

Again, Reed follows Davin's bolt and sends his own arrow after it. This time, their chosen quarry does not die instantly ... but he is a bloody mess, ready to die at any moment.

Round 8 The Main Conflict

Kersh holds his ground as a dozen Dwarves hack into him with axes and hammers and picks. Finally, Frater and his troops reach the lug; pushing the Dwarves back, they surround the Warhulk, giving him a moment of respite ... but the troops pay a heft toll for their compassion (because that gives the Dwarves a bunch of Stubborn attacks).

Following Straegis's tactical genious, Olivia's troops adjust their formation and position, creating a two-ply pike wall that allows the troops behind them to push safely forward and rejoin the others.

Kradag's hunters begin to back off. Guerilla fighters by nature, this prolongued melee does not suit them well; many have already perished.

The Dwarves do their best to compete with Straegi's battle plans, but theit tacticians are no match for the Marshal's keen mind (especially when their Commander's keep dropping). A handful of battle Clerics, hidden among the troops, begin healing the wounded ranks of Dwarves.

More Dwarves arrive, emerging from smaller side passage; but these aren't the usual grunts. It's too far for most of the heroes to see from this far, but through the power of OHOM Davin is able to relay what he sees ... almost twenty Terramancers! The Terramancers blast into the Imperial ranks with molten stone and lacerating sands!

In the midst of the Dwarven ranks, there is a sudden commotion. A giant winged skeleton is swinging a boney scythe through the ranks, reaping souls like wheat! Azzy is p***ed. The Dwarves unfortunate enough to have attacked him after he fell are the first to die. All around him, Dwarves flee in terror.

Way, way off behind the furthest ranks, a lone Dwarf approaches. Kissing the shiny holy symbol that hangs around her neck, she walks toward the fight with an unparalled air of confidence. With his uncanny powers of perception, Davin notices her platinum blonde braids ... and her shield, which bears the same image as the shield Vangg now carries. (She is way, way out of crossbow range, btw).
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:OOC: Pardon the typos. Will try to edit them out later.
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 17/71; AC 25 Fort 20 Ref 23 Will 22; Healing Surges=8/8, SV:18, Action Points=0

No longer completely unable to ignore the deadly shafts of the Dwarven Bolters, Davin snaps off a shot at one just prior to the Dwarves own attack!

Round 7, Davin, addendum
Initiative - 27
Immediate Interrupt - Disruptive Shot on the Bolter that hit for 13 damage.

Disruptive Strike=26
DS Damage=14

The Bolter is -8 to hit Davin.

-Swift
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:09 am

Halcyon wrote:Verity - HP: 64/98 AC: 28 Fort: 23 Ref: 23 Will: 25 Healing Surges: 10/11 Action Points: 0 Init: 27

Standard: Holy Strike again, 28 to hit, 14 damage
Minor: Perception check to survey battle - 23
Free: Shout telepathically to any leaders still in range

With a mental cry, the Palladin impels urgent action, "See that the Death Angel and Ogre are healed!"
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:09 am

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 17/71; AC 25 Fort 20 Ref 23 Will 22; Healing Surges=8/8, SV:18, Action Points=0

Round 8, Davin
Initiative - 27
Move - None
Minor – Designate 5 closest Dwarves as my Hunter's Quarry
Standard – Twin Strike Dwarven Commander (If the first shot kills last rounds Commander, i'll move to a new one)

Twin Strike 1=36
Twin Strike 2=24
TS1 Damage=10
TS2 Damage=8
Spitting Cobra Stance=24
SCS Damage=20
HQ Damage=9

Round 8, Hound
Initiative=8
Move - Move to J3
Minor - Designate I2 Bolter as Hunter's Quarry
Standard - Hit and Run I2 Bolter

Hit and Run=13
Damage=miss
HQ Damage=miss

-Swift
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:10 am

151prooftattoos wrote:WoeVangg: HP: 71/86 AC:24 Fort:20 Ref:18 Will:26 Healing Surges:11/11 AP:0

"Ye taughts ta fight by go'bins? Bedamn ye!"

Vangg is enraged.

Standard: Cast Flame Strike on square B6
(All enemies in close burst 2 (around B6) - take 10 damage + an ongoing 11 damage - save ends)
Attack Roll = 30
Damage Roll=10
Minor: Sustain CG
Move: None

Spend Action Point: Cast Beacon of Hope
(Vangg is +11 to all heals until the end of the encounter, all enemies in close burst 3 are weakened, and all allies in close burst 3 gain 11 Hps)
Weakened Roll = 18

Paragon Path feature (when spending action point): DM, please choose enemy out of the flame strike area and they take an ongoing 11 damage (save ends).

(Telepathy thing)"If'n ye need 'eals, gets ta me's or dat stank go'bin! 'ell even da Muckerkin fer 'eals! Bedamn Go'bin . . . 'eal dat longear / dirtsleeve elf!"
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

OOC: Again, sorry for the typos; it's a long recap. Will try to fix later.

Round 8 - East!

Init 27
Davin finishes off the distant Commander with a well-placed bolt, and the begins his assassination of another!

Init 16
The Bolters attempt to do the same to your side ...
CRIT! vs Mordax! 17 Damage
26 vs Mordax. Miss.
1 vs Davin. Miss.
1 vs Davin. Miss.
16 vs Straegis. Miss.
20 vs Straegis. Miss.

Init 15
Fuflilling his role as a healer, Juugug now says a Healing Word for Davin.
Spend a Surge gain an Add'l 2d6+4

Init 13
Trying to keep an eye on the battlefield, Straegis takes a swing at the Hammerer before him.
30 vs G8 Hammerer. 16 Damage.
Tactics Roll = 28

Init 10
Mordax steps between his opponents and bludgeons the already wounded one.
18 vs. B6 Bolter. 11 Damage

The Hammerers on the ramp continue their effort to ascend, concentrating their strikes on the Eladrin!
14 vs Straegis (BattleAxe). Miss.
17 vs Straegis (Throwing Hammer). Miss.
CRIT! vs Straegis (Throwing Axe). 9 Damage
22 vs Straegis (Throwing Hammer). Miss.

The one on the ground rushes at Davin, and falls like the others to the elf's Spitting Cobra Stance.

Init 8
Hound dashes at the next marksmen in line.

Round 8 - West!

Init 27
Holding ground, Verity hacks away at the Dwarf and mentally shouts for his allies to be healed.

Init 16
ENRAGED, Vangg calls down a pillar of fire from Da Queen. The smell of burning beard fills the air as the Dwarves are caught in the fire.
OOC: You needed seven attack rolls; one damage roll.
Attacks: (30), 30, 17, 17, CRIT, 27, 16. All Hit.

Then, the maddened Priest creates a Beacon of Hope, sapping his enemies strength and flooding his allies with vigor.
Vangg and Juujug heal 11 HPs.
Again, multiple attack rolls needed ...
Attacks: (18), 18, 22, 17, 15, CRIT, 17. All Hit.

Init 15
Still searing from the light of Vangg's concecration, the two Hammerers on the ramp begin to panic. Swinging his heavy hammer, the first makes a desperate attempt to pound through Verity's armor.
13 vs Verity. Miss.

The other try deperately to put out the flames that are eating their flesh and beards. But they still manage to throw their side arms, this time concentrating all attacks against the traitor.
25 vs Vangg. 6 Damage
25 vs Vangg. 4 Damage
13 vs Vangg. miss.
13 vs Vangg. Miss.
12 vs Vangg. Miss
17 vs Vangg. Miss.
11 Ongoing. Save = 3 (Fail)
11 Ongoing. Save = 9 (Fail)
11 Ongoing. Save = 17 (Success)

Init 10
The Bolters who were also caught in the flame step back, hoping to put some distance between them an Vangg; but they still manage to fire their crossbows.
20 vs Vangg. Miss.
21 vs Vangg. Miss.
11 Ongoing. Save = 19 (Success).
11+11 Ongoing. Saves = 11 (Success) & 5 (Fail). This one is Bloodied.

The others fall in line. With a quick shout of coordination, they all shoot at Taalgarnuk (hoping to set-up a situation where Verity can be pushed up the ramp?).
27 vs Taal. 11 Damage
17 vs Taal. Miss.
33 vs Taal. 12 Damage.
24 vs Taal. 9 Damage Taal is Bloodied.
25 vs Taal. 13 Damage

Init 9
Taalgarnuk takes a moment to catch his breath.
Second Wind. He regains 17 HPs and gets a +2 to All Defenses

At this time, the first of Kradag's Guerilla Hunters makes it back to Dwarves, and impales the last Bolter in the line; slaying him.

Round 8 - Atop the Wall!

The two Waterbenders continue to bombard the main battle with watery projectiles; while the Rangers continue to rain down on the battle with wooden shafts. (See what I did there?)

Reed's arrows follow Davin's second, striking yet another Commander. This time, their prey doesn't fall ... but he is certianly wounded.

Round 8 - The Main Battle!

Side by side, Kersh and Frater lead the troops through the wedged Dwarven ranks, fighting their way deeper into the heart of enemy's formation. ... Olivian's troops fend off the Dwarves that would stop this, but her front rank is now in contact with the enemy. Fortunately, they carry more than spears; drawing their Longswords, the front rank goes toe-to-toe, still supported by the Pikes at their backs.

Some of Kradag's hunters are heading back to the wall, while others have found new target's to harry. Their spears are well aimed; but the Dwarves are well armored ... still, the Garkondrak do their job and add to the confusion.

The Dwarven healers and warlords continue to bolster their troops, but it's the Terramancers who have the largest effect. Smashing the Imperial troops with their earthen magic, they destroy entire ranks at a time ... the High Scholars do their best to match them with Hydromancy, but they are too severely outnumbered.

Azzy's scythe continues to cut through Dwarves like butter, and he strides back toward his allies. A few brave souls rush at him with hammers or axes, but are unable to harm the Angel of Death; indeed their lvery ife forces seem to get sucked out of their bodies as they try.

Davin watches as the blonde Dwarven woman strides into the battle ... As she draws near the wounded, a holy light emenates from her, healing whole squads at once. With a whooping Battle cry, she invigorates a Hundred Dwarves, and begins to make her way toward the Angel of Death!!

Onto Round 9!!
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis II: HP:31/75 AC:24 Fort:23 Ref:23 Will:20 Healing Surges:8/8 Action Points:1

Determined to keep himself and his allies alive Straegis yells "Steel yourselves boys, we've just begun to fight! Let's finish them now!" Intent on keeping the dwarves from climbing any higher on the ramp, Straegis digs himself in and continues to slice them to pieces. He tries desperately to maintain his contact with Olivia to keep her appraised of his view of the battle.

Minor: Stand Tough.
Standard: Attack Dwarf Hammerer at G8.

Attack: 1d20=18+16=34
Damage: 1d8=7+10=17

Tactics: 1d20=14+17=31

O.O.C.: Myself and All allies within 5 sq. regain 11 HP (Warlord- Stand Tough). Can Straegis see the female Dwarf yet?
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top